3 is the cheapest, but is it best

1202203204205206208»

Comments

  • Broadwood
    Broadwood Posts: 706
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 2 August 2013 at 11:13AM
    buglawton wrote: »
    Vadek is referring to the special numbers page

    http://www.google.com/search?q=three%20special%20numbers
    Then take the first result link.

    This page makes it clear that standard UK mobile numbers are NOT special numbers, so will no be charged at a special - that is, over 3p - rate.

    If any user of the new 321 tariff would post an example from their 3 billing, of being charged over 3p/min to a non 3 UK mobile, then we might have something to worry about.

    I've been on Three's 321 PAYG for almost 2 weeks now. Apart from buying an unlocked 3G handset (£50 net for Nokia 301 after selling on the included O2 sim & £10 credit thereof) my call costs have shrunk drastically. I was on Orange's Racoon PAYG tariff which is roughly 15p per minute or SMS.

    I've been checking my 321 balance occasionally after calls to other networks and it's definitely 3p per minute to call Orange mobiles. I therefore assume calls to all mobile networks are 3p per minute. Obviously not including special 07 numbers etc.
    Never trust a financial institution.


    Still studying at the University of Life.
  • Broadwood
    Broadwood Posts: 706
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ZhugeEX wrote: »
    1. It rolls over.
    You pay 3p a min, 2p a text and 1p a mb.

    2. Three network

    All you lose after 30 days is any unused amount of the free 150Mb internet allowance - it would appear from what I've read.
    Never trust a financial institution.


    Still studying at the University of Life.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,619
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Broadwood wrote: »
    .

    I've been checking my 321 balance occasionally after calls to other networks and it's definitely 3p per minute to call Orange mobiles. I therefore assume calls to all mobile networks are 3p per minute.

    They are. All 01 02 03 and UK mobile numbers are 3p per minute.
    ====
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just such a pity you cannot use this 321 tariff with 3g tablets. Oh well leaves the field open for Ovivo Mobile I suppose.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    d.k wrote: »
    i work for customer services in the mobile phone network sector, and i can honestly say after working here i wouldn't be chosing 3!!!!
    From your post I can tell you work in that sector :rotfl:


    So care to give the reasons ?
    It's not just about the money
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 20 June 2015 at 6:19PM
    d.k wrote: »
    i work for customer services in the mobile phone network sector, and i can honestly say after working here i wouldn't be chosing 3!!!!
    You work for 3? Can you say what policies they implement that others don't?
    BTW that website you are promoting, did they use Google Translate for their English version?
    'Not only phones are enough smart but related unlocking box also turned complicated to used.'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards