Companies in Default/FSCS Claims - Picture, London Scottish, Twopart

Options

Comments

• beaniebabe
    beaniebabe Posts: 449 Forumite
    Options
    dialysis wrote: »
    Hi Busbyh so even if deloitte say yes you have a calim it can still be refused by the FSCS? So much conflicting information confusing or what?
    Try and look at this in a positive way dialysis. Why would the FSCS spend loadsa cash employing a company like delloites to help process claims and then make themselves more work by disagreeing with their decision:confused:
    I think it is just a case of their boss at fscs doing his/ her bit to check things over as its the fscs that are paying us:T
  • dialysis
    dialysis Posts: 1,778 Forumite
    Options
    That is good news busbyh but I still dont understand who makes the final decision the fscs or deloitte. we have been told different things so did your man say the fscs?:confused:
    Sorry beaniebabe was typng this at the same time I think your right hun makes sense.
  • beaniebabe
    Options
    That is good news busbyh but I still dont understand who makes the final decision the fscs or deloitte. we have been told different things so did your man say the fscs?:confused:
    Delloites work on your claim and ask picture for any relevant information. They then deal with it.
    Once delloites have done this they send it to FSCS so their boss can check it over and also agree.
    Think they have to pass it back to fscs cos its them that actually pay us and at the end of the day they also have to cover their own backs and ensure they do their job properly.
  • busbyh
    busbyh Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2009 at 7:21PM
    Options
    Hi Busbyh so even if deloitte say yes you have a calim it can still be refused by the FSCS? So much conflicting information confusing or what?

I think what he is saying is they make the decision but obviously it has to be passed back to FSCS for actual completion, FSCS would need to check the payments are correct as that is is them who issue the cheques. I think it is just a final check o the amounts. I think this is just a procedural issue.
    dialysis,mammamia,honey.beaniebabe,saltyfish,funky,Gumbi,Lian,doogle,oldwulf,pinknico,Halpin,alyson,Barloo,jadone,demir,netabc,chickpee,dannyboy,tomgaskel,Lozza001,sandzb,di,marshallka,pengi,lynnie,busbyh,moggy,Kim66,honestbob,tobione,itdonk,arrongborne,thunders,newtonchang,mbones,showergirl, coffeetower,hayston,sappy,dolallytap,AuntieDeedee
  • beaniebabe
    Options
    busbyh wrote: »
    I think what he is saying is they make the decision but obviously it has to be passed back to FSCS for actual completion, FSCS would need to check the payments are correct as that is is them who issue the cheques. I think it is just a final check o the amounts. I think this is just a procedural issue.

Great minds think alike!!!!!:D:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    busbyh wrote: »
    My son-in law has just called Deloitte. He says the chap his spoke to was really friendly and explained the procedure to him
    They have taken over some of the cases from FSCS, to help alleviate the caseload. Once the caseworker has calculated the claim it is then checked by a senior case handler and a decision is made. That decision is then sent to the FSCS, where it is looked at and a final decision is then made.
    Our case is still with Deloitte. He said as they received a lot of information from us, it made it less complicated. The only extra information required were the statements from the new lender.
    He was asked if we had a good case and the only thing he would say was, if it wasn’t a strong case, they would not have requested the extra info regarding the new lender. This is to work out the extra interest we have paid.
    He then went on to say, “I cannot give you any definite information on what we have decided about your claim as it still has to go to FSCS for final decision. We make a decision and then pass it on to FSCS. If I were to say Yes, you have won your case for compensation, and something happened at the FSCS end, I would be at risk of you saying- Well my case handler told me that everything was ok and I had won my case” therefore I hope you can appreciate the position I am in, in as far as how much information I can give”
    With regards to completion, I can only say that it should all be sorted within the next couple of weeks.

So still not with FSCS

This is really interesting, thanks for posting this up hun.;)

I know mine is not with Picture but with Twopart, but it was earlier this week that deloittes requested for our info on the new lender is settled or so.;)
    Again thank you and looking good for all then so far.....:T
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    I did also post this email up from the FSCS the other day as well, but it seems to the case that Deloittes do pass back to the FSCS at the final stage, going by the email I received here:

FSCS Ref: TWOPA00001
    (Please quote this reference when contacting us)

Dear Mrs

I have checked the claim details and confirm that Deloittes as still actively working on our behalf, to process you claim. The final decision is authorised and issued by the FSCS once the work has been completed.

Please let me know if I can help further, although until the review has been completed I may be limited on definitive information I can give out to you.

- Senior Claims Officer
    Customer Services Team
    Financial Service Compensation Scheme
    7th Floor, Lloyd's Chambers
    1 Portsoken Street
    London
    E1 8BN
    Tel 020 7892 7300 or 0800 678 1100
    Fax 020 7892 7601
    Email rob
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • busbyh
    Options
    Halpin wrote: »
    just had a call with Delliottes (I think I may be falling in love with whoever answered the phone! :) and found out something interesting: she told me that as far as she knew no-one had been sent compensation in regards to the picture case... make of that what you will!

I'm sure she must be mistaken Halpin:confused::confused:
    dialysis,mammamia,honey.beaniebabe,saltyfish,funky,Gumbi,Lian,doogle,oldwulf,pinknico,Halpin,alyson,Barloo,jadone,demir,netabc,chickpee,dannyboy,tomgaskel,Lozza001,sandzb,di,marshallka,pengi,lynnie,busbyh,moggy,Kim66,honestbob,tobione,itdonk,arrongborne,thunders,newtonchang,mbones,showergirl, coffeetower,hayston,sappy,dolallytap,AuntieDeedee
  • dialysis
    dialysis Posts: 1,778 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Busbyh and beaniebabe I am a bit clearer now on what is happening you read so much and get told different things my head is bussing, like all of you I am sure it will clear once I have the money money money its so funny its a rich mans world, I am sure theres a song in there somewhere:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • busbyh
    Options
    Halpin wrote: »
    I did. And she sounded surprised. Then mentioned that she didn't think that was the case. Then she also said that she had the files in front of her and that she didn't know of anyone getting paid.

Interesting, no? :confused:

Mammamia wouldn't tell us she had been paid out if she hadn't. surely:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure