Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

Unemployment increases to 2.44m

Options
12345679»

Comments

• bo_drinker
    bo_drinker Posts: 3,924 Forumite
    Options
    I came in to this world with nothing and I've still got most of it left. :rolleyes:
  • dopester
    dopester Posts: 4,890 Forumite
    Options
    And the Dragons' egos really got in the way of them investing in what was a solid business with no debt making good profits.

That episode of Sopranos, 'Lawn Wars' plays on my mind too, for window-cleaning / gardener types.

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpa15hVj7UA&feature=related
  • amcluesent
    amcluesent Posts: 9,425 Forumite
    Options
    200808-dolestreet_1462055c.jpg
  • chopperharris
    chopperharris Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    edited 14 August 2009 at 12:19AM
    Options
    Unemployemnt in the eu is calculated differently , which no doubt helps their figures as much as our magical number cunchers do with incap claimants not counting or unpaid carers.

However to think that things are a bit more rosy on the continent than here , and anyone whom writes so in the papers , should maybe take a real trip to see how quiet streets and cities are in the eu...and of course compare the amount of council money spent on cleaning/schooling etc and see we are well above spending per head on everything from our taxes.

Spain still has to take a big hit on housing development losses, and lots of that is funded by their banks.Then theres land grab laws and the fines from the eu , which I seriously doubt will happen anyway....its only the uk that gets told what to do by the eu and actually does it.

It does my nut in when i see all the eu grants for this and that are putting roads in europe while we fund our own yet pay a considerable amount comparitvely for being in the eu.

Areas of the "next big thing" holiday destinations are getting these new roads and infrastructures , creating an economy boom in holiday homes where even more british money goes into europe.And now some of them are talking about taxing non nationals more or already have done in the case of spain.Forcing Letting licences is common that the nationals simply dont use nor never get punished for lacking unlike brit expats.

Its time to tax the cheap flights to holiday destinations to recoup some of this financial haemoraging and by fighting tooth and claw with the eu instead of just accepting their demands.

ends rant
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure