Axe the avoirdupois in August aka the 7 pound club :-D

Options

Comments

• Crap_with_money.com
    Options
    Morning all!

You're all very quiet these days! How's everyone getting on with their slimming quest?

So - Yesterday, was a slightly better day than the day before. I ate 1285 calories, and burned off a wee cheeky 350 by swimming 36 lengths of the pool!

Plan for today is to go out running with OH - if he ever gets out of bed that is! ;)

xx
  • pollyskettle
    pollyskettle Posts: 2,163 Forumite
    Options
    Morning CWM and all :)

Thursday weigh in for me and this morning it was 15/6, which is 5lb loss, BUT I know this is all water etc as this is the first week, but it still feels good :D

I know I've been quiet, but to be honest I'm not sure what I'm supposed to write here lol. I don't calorie count as it doesn't work for me and I lose interest very rapidly, so I keep my fibre intake up, but I count that in my head and never write it down and it's always around 21-25 by the end of the day.

Could really use a cigarette though, or a packet of crisps. Must keep busy and not smoke, the crisps won't kill me so I shall have some with my lunch, the cigarettes will so I won't bother.
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • Crap_with_money.com
    Options
    Morning Polly!!

Well done on such a huge loss - that's fab news! :T Will be partly fluid like you've said, but still - it's a great motivator to keep going!

I know what you mean about the calorie counting - I'm generally too lazy to be that focussed on it, and to be honest - I'm finding it more than a bit tedious already, and I'm only 2 days in! ;)

Still I only have a couple of weeks 'til I start uni which'll take my attention away from counting calories - so I might as well stick with it 'til then and try get off to a reasonably good start!

xx

PS - you don't really need to say anything if you don't want to - I think some of us just like to talk (or slabber on in my case) about what we're finding easy/hard, what's working/what's not.....

Good luck with the smoking - and enjoy the crisps - I like your logic! :D
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I wasn't around yesterday folks! I had a day out with Dr Dragon and a friend (who was showing me how to turn a heel on a sock :D) I probably ate and drank way too much (amazing for me!) but I am back on track today
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • Alexnikov
    Alexnikov Posts: 2,411 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on the loss Polly!

My weekly weigh-in is tomorrow morning so I've been keeping quiet until I find out the results of that.

I'm into week 2 of the diet now and it's going ok so far (she says cautiously). I'm trying to keep things low-cal but I'm not religiously calorie counting. I'm just cutting out snacks unless I'm absolutely starving and then I'll have a pack of Walkers Baked crisps (only had 3 packs in 2 weeks though) or a sugar free jelly with some fruit in or something similar. Alcohol once a week as a treat and much smaller portion sizes generally. Willpower seems to be ok...
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds as though you are well and truly on track Alexinikov - good luck with the weigh in ;)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • mizzbiz
    mizzbiz Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm, I'm not eating a lot but what I am eating is soooo bad. I'm working at home at the minute and i'm living on toast and lashings of butter (I can't help myself if it's there :-()) I need to stop.

On the plus side i've downloaded 10 inches in 10 hours Callanetics video so I am slowly but surely having a bash at that. It is soooooooo hard at first though. I was doing the video this morning and I noticed it said 'Warm up No. 5'. Warm up? I thought it was the real thing! I got through about half of the stomach crunch type things then had to give up before I gave myself a hernia. I'm having another bash this afternoon when i'm feeling more nimble.

Tried going for a walk yesterday for an hour - was so humid - reckon I lost a stone in sweat anyway.

Hoping this will help ditch the lbs and going to try to be very good from now on. Making a big batch of lentil soup today which I will try and live off for the next few days - should negate the whole butter problem.

Glad to hear most people are on track. I'm hoping that i'll feel terrible when I see how well others are doing.
    I'll have some cheese please, bob.
  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    Options
    A packet of Walkers Salt and Vinigar crisps is 181 calories or half a full roast dinner.... for something that does little or nothing to satisfy appetite..... or provide nourishment.....
    One of the greatest enemies to loosing weigh ;)
  • pollyskettle
    pollyskettle Posts: 2,163 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2009 at 12:54PM
    Options
    A cigarette leads to more cigarettes and, eventually, a slow and agonising death.

Sorry, but it's one or the other and I'll have the crisps, methinks ;). I have managed a packet of crisps every other day since last Thursday and I've lost weight, so I'm not considering them to be the enemy, the enemy is my comfort eating that sometimes means I don't stop at one, I can eat anything I want as long as it is in moderation and there's less of it than there was before. I'm not being totally restrictive as I don't want to be a prisoner to food, I'm simply eating less and moving more :)

ETA - The one's I eat are 80-100 calories, they're the Sainsburys basics ones which are smaller packets anyway :)
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    Options
    A cigarette leads to more cigarettes and, eventually, a slow and agonising death.

Sorry, but it's one or the other and I'll have the crisps, methinks ;). I have managed a packet of crisps every other day since last Thursday and I've lost weight, so I'm not considering them to be the enemy, the enemy is my comfort eating that sometimes means I don't stop at one, I can eat anything I want as long as it is in moderation and there's less of it than there was before. I'm not being totally restrictive as I don't want to be a prisoner to food, I'm simply eating less and moving more :)

ETA - The one's I eat are 80-100 calories, they're the Sainsburys basics ones which are smaller packets anyway :)

OK definately go eat the crisps if cigarettes is the alternative. The death is slow but not always agonising due to the ever increasing amounts of Morphine they give you. I've watched it happen :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure