Axe the avoirdupois in August aka the 7 pound club :-D

Options

Comments

• potsofmoney_(I_wish)
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'd love to join as my weight keeps yo yoing like anything I'm currently 13st 5, and am aiming for small chunks until I really get my head around dieting again. Doing it month by month sounds great.

I'm a emotional eater and a food addict, any ideas on how to manage my eating would be much appreciated. If I can get rid of a good 10lbs over the summer hols that would be great. Looking forward to feeling lighter again.:D
  • absolutebounder
    absolutebounder Posts: 20,305 Forumite
    Options
    Axe the avoirdupois in August

are you suggesting to stop having peas in august?:confused:
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'd love to join as my weight keeps yo yoing like anything I'm currently 13st 5, and am aiming for small chunks until I really get my head around dieting again. Doing it month by month sounds great.

I'm a emotional eater and a food addict, any ideas on how to manage my eating would be much appreciated. If I can get rid of a good 10lbs over the summer hols that would be great. Looking forward to feeling lighter again.:D

Good to see you potsofmoney (love the nickname by the way!) jump in and enjoy the chat :D
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK, weighed in this morning and my official starting weight for August is 131.2lbs (just over 9st 5lbs). So I have lost virtually nowt in July, just half a pound! :o Mind you, after slipping up badly in my eating, I am just grateful not to have put any on.

I have to work on my motivation this month and really be hard on myself if I slip up. I also need to cut chocolate and sweet stuff right out (or maybe do as one poster suggested ages ago and allow myself to have one chocolate day a week... after all, there's only so much chocolate you can eat in one day!).

Dragon, can you add my starting weight to the first post? Thanks.
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • poshstock66
    poshstock66 Posts: 813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, hope that everyone's enjoying the first day of August! Can't believe it's here already, just hope that we get a glorious one!!

Weighed myself this morning at boots and to my surprise i have lost 4lb's!!! :confused:

More than i could have hoped for, had maybe one or two lb's in mind but not four!! This means that i have lost the three i put on and lost an extra one on top! so i lost the 7lb i needed to for july! :j

Now i'm back on the straight and narrow (hopefully! ;)) i want to steam ahead and lose as much as i can in august - my target is 28 lb's of which i have now lost 14lb's, so i don't think i can lose the other 14lb's in 4 weeks - although i would love too! But i will try my hardest!

So, my starting weight for August is .......deep breath.......19st 13lb :eek:
    DRAGON can you add it to the front page please - many thanks.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
    :money::money::money::money:
    I love to save money
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Hi all, hope that everyone's enjoying the first day of August! Can't believe it's here already, just hope that we get a glorious one!!

Weighed myself this morning at boots and to my surprise i have lost 4lb's!!! :confused:

More than i could have hoped for, had maybe one or two lb's in mind but not four!! This means that i have lost the three i put on and lost an extra one on top! so i lost the 7lb i needed to for july! :j

Now i'm back on the straight and narrow (hopefully! ;)) i want to steam ahead and lose as much as i can in august - my target is 28 lb's of which i have now lost 14lb's, so i don't think i can lose the other 14lb's in 4 weeks - although i would love too! But i will try my hardest!

So, my starting weight for August is .......deep breath.......19st 13lb :eek:
    DRAGON can you add it to the front page please - many thanks.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Well done on losing the 7lbs in July AND being in the next stone level - best of luck with August!

Oh and that goes for all of us! Lots of Luck in August for each and every one!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
  • coffeeholic_2
    Options
    Weighed in this morning and I'm 11st 6lbs (can you put on 1st post please Dragon) so that's a 3lb loss for July - not fabulous but at least I didn't gain!

I'm away in September for 2 weeks, so this is a last ditch attempt to lose what I can and try not to go overboard with all that yummy food and drink (I gained half a stone last year :eek::eek:)

Hope August is treating you all well peeps, have a fab weekend all! :D
    xxxxxxxxxx
    All the coffee in Columbia won't make me a morning person... :D:p
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge Member #5 - £128.19
    NSDs - April 9/18
    Grocery Challenge - April £22.94/£160
    6 months to slim into clothes challenge - started March 2010
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Well I finally weighed in this morning at Boots and it was better than I hoped for! I thought I was still at 22st and 13lb but I was actually 22st and 10lbs - so that is my starting weight for August! Oooh to be 22stone by the end of the month!
  • Vixi
    Vixi Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh, this is a great idea - can I join please?

Lost 4lbs this week, so my start weight for August is 10st 13lbs, am aiming for 9st 7lbs to be a bridesmaid, so 7lbs in August would be great!
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    count me in - still not winning fighting the flab and am determined now to make some inroads and ditch at least two stone this year.
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport