Axe the avoirdupois in August aka the 7 pound club :-D

Options

Comments

• Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 August 2009 at 5:07PM
    Options
    Hiya, think it's about time I joined in...

Was 19st 8lb in April (when scales finally gave up the ghost)

Got Wii Fit, which showed 18st 6lb last Friday.

Determined to change shape to )( rather than /\ by Xmas. I want to wear glam 1940s style clothes without looking totally ridiculous (oh, and I'm fed up with sensible, orthopaedic shoes - I want to be able to wear something with a heel, even if it is for just an hour or two)
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Vixi wrote: »
    Ooh, this is a great idea - can I join please?

Lost 4lbs this week, so my start weight for August is 10st 13lbs, am aiming for 9st 7lbs to be a bridesmaid, so 7lbs in August would be great!

Of course you can join! You are now on the first post so no excuses :rotfl:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    jessicamb wrote: »
    count me in - still not winning fighting the flab and am determined now to make some inroads and ditch at least two stone this year.

Fully counted in jessica - glad to have you in the group
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Hiya, think it's about time I joined in...

Was 19st 8lb in April (when scales finally gave up the ghost)

Got Wii Fit, which showed 18st 6lb last Friday.

Determined to change shape to )( rather than /\ by Xmas. I want to wear glam 1940s style clothes without looking totally ridiculous (oh, and I'm fed up with sensible, orthopaedic shoes - I want to be able to wear something with a heel, even if it is for just an hour or two)

Oooh 1940's clothes! very wasp waisted then aren't they? Any reason for the '40's clothes? are you going to a party or part of a re-enactment group?
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    Oooh 1940's clothes! very wasp waisted then aren't they? Any reason for the '40's clothes? are you going to a party or part of a re-enactment group?

I'd love to do both of these, but it's just because I love the style, the glam, the makeup, the hair, the music. I don't know anyone interested in this kind of thing.

When I was a teenager, I loved to wear little tea dresses, etc, but BF (OH eventually) felt threatened by it and I stopped. Mind you, it got to the point with him where I'd get the 3rd degree about who I was trying to impress if I brushed my teeth or hair...

Anyway, he is long gone and I've done my time stuck in manky tracksuit bottoms and vest tops for the school run. It made me feel like rubbish. As it is, even though I don't work for health reasons, I feel so much better for doing my hair and makeup every morning and wearing nicer clothes.

I just want to look better too!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Makes sense to me Jojo and maybe once you have shifted a little weight you CAN join a re-enactment group - gives you something to work towards!
  • pollyskettle
    pollyskettle Posts: 2,163 Forumite
    Options
    I'd love to do both of these, but it's just because I love the style, the glam, the makeup, the hair, the music. I don't know anyone interested in this kind of thing.

I'm like this about the fifties. I'd love to wear authentic fifties gear, but it's just not happening with my poor excuse for a waist atm!

Good luck :)

PS My starting weight is 15st 11lb :(, could you add it to the first post please?

Ty
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Oooh, I did some fifties fashion when I was about 15, raided my mum's wardrobe for her dirndl (?sp?) skirts. Mind you, I did have a 21" waist at the time. But I didn't really have anything to speak of to emulate the Sabrina look, so gravitated to the earlier times...
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!

poshstock - WELL DONE on losing 7lbs, you are doing great!!!!!!!!!

coffeeholic, a 3lb loss is not to be sniffed at, you are doing way better than me!

:rotfl: at absolutebounder!

Dragon, how are you feeling today my lovely?

Welcome to the newbies and loving the chat about 40s/50s style, I love both (the music, the fashion, the hair, even the nice manners :o).

I'm feeling determined today despite the yuk weather, I am going to be good! I'm off to have my low fat Greek yogurt for brekkie. Lunch will be a salad bap with low fat feta, and dinner will involve conjuring up something tasty out of leftover chicken... any ideas? xo
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Not feeling too bad thanks Tara - about to do something interesting with a duster :rotfl:, I'm hoping for a reasonable week this week - even allowing for meeting a friend for lunch in a pub on Wednesday :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport