Axe the avoirdupois in August aka the 7 pound club :-D

Options

Comments

• pollyskettle
    pollyskettle Posts: 2,163 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to join in for next month if I may.

I quit smoking on 01/07/09 and have an insatiable appetite now. I used Champix to quit (well, I took them for three and a half weeks, not the twelve I should lol), but stopped taking those three weeks ago as the dreams I was getting were bizarre, so I'm going cold turkey and struggling with the old hand to mouth habit, and crisps. God, I love crisps.

Anyhoo, please sign me up - I shall weigh in at some point soon :)
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to join in for next month if I may.

I quit smoking on 01/07/09 and have an insatiable appetite now. I used Champix to quit (well, I took them for three and a half weeks, not the twelve I should lol), but stopped taking those three weeks ago as the dreams I was getting were bizarre, so I'm going cold turkey and struggling with the old hand to mouth habit, and crisps. God, I love crisps.

Anyhoo, please sign me up - I shall weigh in at some point soon :)

Hi pollyskettle and welcome to the group :D, you don't have to give your month's starting weight if you don't want to but anyhow jump in and enjoy!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please count me in again! Thanks!
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    taka wrote: »
    Please count me in again! Thanks!

Welcome on board again taka! you are on the opening post!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
  • coffeeholic_2
    Options
    I'm in for August as well please!!

Will weigh in on 1st with starting weight :D
    All the coffee in Columbia won't make me a morning person... :D:p
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge Member #5 - £128.19
    NSDs - April 9/18
    Grocery Challenge - April £22.94/£160
    6 months to slim into clothes challenge - started March 2010
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Dragon waves at coffeeholic - "helloooooooooo again!"
  • miss_nadine_x
    Options
    Dragon can I please ask you to change my start weight to 14st5.9 - I have joined ww online and started today and that was my weight today. Thursdays are my new weigh in day now:D
  • Alexnikov
    Alexnikov Posts: 2,411 Forumite
    Options
    May I join in?

No idea what I weigh (and don't really want to know :o ) but luckily the scales are broken at the moment! I'm a size 22-24 though and I'm sick of looking like this. It's my best friend's wedding next May and I don't want to be a plus size bridesmaid so the challenge is on to get down to at least a size 16 by then and preferably 14.

So, no biscuits at work (these are my downfall - the place is heaving with them!), some proper meal planning so I don't come home starving and just eat whatever comes to hand and a great big dose of willpower are in order. I might need several kicks up the bum along the way though!
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Dragon can I please ask you to change my start weight to 14st5.9 - I have joined ww online and started today and that was my weight today. Thursdays are my new weigh in day now:D

No problem Nadine - and best of luck with WW!
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Alexnikov wrote: »
    May I join in?

No idea what I weigh (and don't really want to know :o ) but luckily the scales are broken at the moment! I'm a size 22-24 though and I'm sick of looking like this. It's my best friend's wedding next May and I don't want to be a plus size bridesmaid so the challenge is on to get down to at least a size 16 by then and preferably 14.

So, no biscuits at work (these are my downfall - the place is heaving with them!), some proper meal planning so I don't come home starving and just eat whatever comes to hand and a great big dose of willpower are in order. I might need several kicks up the bum along the way though!

Welcome Alexnikov! If you haven't got scales then do it by measurements - measure your bust, waist and hips (in cm and inches if you want) and weekly measure yourself and you will see how you are doing (by measuring in cm you will hopefully get a large loss :rotfl:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport