Highcreditscore.co.uk & rewardsnow.co.uk [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• daz_uk
    Options
    They must love taking money off people, now check this out i placed and order last night for some pizza from pizza hut this was a sum of 18.99 taken from my card no problem but.......

Now i check my account this morning 19.95 has been taken out by rewardsnow.co.uk this was 1 min after i ordered from pizza hut i am finding this very strange bank aint helping much when i rong this stupid comany up they want a user id??? welll.... i dont have one because i aint got a clue who you are and have never heard of you before.:mad:

So right now i am off to the police for FRAUD
  • retroboy1981
    Options
    daz_uk wrote: »
    They must love taking money off people, now check this out i placed and order last night for some pizza from pizza hut this was a sum of 18.99 taken from my card no problem but.......

Now i check my account this morning 19.95 has been taken out by rewardsnow.co.uk this was 1 min after i ordered from pizza hut i am finding this very strange bank aint helping much when i rong this stupid comany up they want a user id??? welll.... i dont have one because i aint got a clue who you are and have never heard of you before.:mad:

So right now i am off to the police for FRAUD

i would since my last post i rang up and intially they offered me a refund of 39.00 which i stated wasnt the amount they had taken when i rang back and spoke to a different advisor they refused that refund and stated that even though i8 sent an email cancelling anythink to do with there company that would send me proof that i registed i wait with baited breath i shall keep you all in tune
  • kcookie1984
    Options
    Last night found out that they had taken MORE money out of my account! Back in Dec i found out that they had taken £29.95 each out of my account. I rang them the same day to sort this out as i never heard of them, i was then just diverted to answer phones where many times i left my name and my number and also requesting to cancel my ' membership' . Im so angry about this as its now left me with £4 in my back account and with having to cancel my card.

I have now rang them this morning and threatened them, yes i know this will irate them but least i may get a phone call back.

Its got me so down today cause I now have to spend the day trying to borrow what i cant afford.

I dont ever remembering to signing up to these websites let alone getting the ' userid ' that you need to enter to access there site. Its really left me wary about buying online now. Thankfully the bank is helping out the best they can and have taken a fraud report. Sad to say this but im so glad im not the only one this has happened to and so glad this forum came up when i googled there names .:mad:
  • andye979
    Options
    Hi all,

I won't go over lots of ground we've already covered but I would like to confirm for anyone who's in any doubt that these people are definitely con artists.

Yes anyone who hasn't cancelled during the 10 day free trial should expect to pay for at least one month's subscription - small print is everywhere these days and we get enough warnings, just put it down to experience and learn from it.

BUT

These people do more than that:

1) The cancellation processes clearly do not work - whether by phone, email or post.
    2) You don't receive confirmation emails when they say that you will.
    3) They charge the fee twice from two separate companies.
    4) Has anyone actually managed to view their Credit Report with this lot? the website just sent me round in circles entering my personal details time and time again but I never got the information I was promised.
    5) Others are being charged who have never signed up to these sites because their information has been sold on by other equally immoral companies.
    6) I do not accept that opening an email is enough to say you accept its terms and conditions (as mentioned in previous post). If that was the law then all of the scam emails we all get everyday would be skimming money out of our accounts where the companies have sold on our information and card details etc..

Whether its loosely within the law or not these people are con artists and should be shut down.

I signed up TODAY and have cancelled TODAY when I realised the site was useless and not set up properly. If I was a gambling man I'd bet my next 19.95 that something comes out of my account some time soon.

The bank have been informed but they can't prevent anything being taken. If they do charge me the bank will refund the money when I report it as fraud. I'll then cancel the card and get a new one.

Good luck everyone.
  • Russell_Larke
    Russell_Larke Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 25 February 2010 at 1:01PM
    Options
    I've been caught with this and got them to agree to give my money back within seconds.

Don't rant calmly tell them you believe what they have done to be dishonest.

Tell them they need to be 100% sure what they have done is legal because you intend to force an investigation. (Don't bother to argue if its legal or not just stress that you are going to force an inquiry and we'll soon find out).

Tell them you have spent the day collecting email addresses of journalists, politicians, consumer groups, FSA, OFT, TV show, all the major banks fraud depts, their partners (Someone mentioned Spotify and Vista Print who would not like the heat of journos etc linking them with these crooks) the relevant police depts AND ALL THE PEOPLE WITH COMPLAINTS AT THIS FORUM. All in all you have 200+ names which is enough to force an enquiry. You intend to send a detailed email to their company explaining where you think they have been underhanded and copy all the above in, you also intend to put together a petition with these names.

YOU HAVE A NAME OF A DIRECTOR WHO YOU WILL MENTION IN THE EMAIL. Use the guy mentioned in this thread (originaly posted in related thread, google, quick credit score scam and click on the MSE link for director details I think its page 3??) in this case but otherwise you can get director details from companies house. Take their reg no. from the bottom of the page and enter it here (google, companies house webchech, I cant post links) this will give you limited info but its a place to start and you can request director details from CH itself . who is is a good place to find info too but not much on offer in this case, just enter their web address and it brings up details of ownership (google, who is).

The last thing this Director will want is to be dragged through the mud and his staff will know that.
  • BexMF
    BexMF Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    The payment is NOT unauthorised, because you signed up to the T&Cs, which you had to agree to before they'd allow you to use their service!!

It quite clearly states:

It also states you need to terminate the membership by writing to them or calling them.

This is quite clearly YOUR mistake, so perhaps you should take some responsibility for your action rather than trying to blame others and claim it's a scam.

Obviously you work for this company or one similar and somehow manage to sleep at nights know what you are doing is NOT illegal but is a sly way of conning people out of money.
    I have just realised the company has been taking money from my aco!!!!, and had i not phoned to cancel back in OCTOBER then no it wouldnt have been illegal but fact is i phoned and cancel and i repeated i wanted all accounts in my name closed (something which i DO have a recording of THANKFULLY) and had this confirmed on the telephone and so therefor have been taking unauthorised payments after i have canceled and have confirmation. Needless to say i have been in touch since and they have denyed it saying i only closed my rewardsnow account which is bull to be honest, so yes i will be taking it further and my bank are currently in the process of launching and enquiry.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BexMF wrote: »
    Obviously you work for this company or one similar and somehow manage to sleep at nights know what you are doing is NOT illegal but is a sly way of conning people out of money.

Obviously you're not very good at assumptions, as I don't do anything of the sort for a living - far too dull working for a company like that!

1. If you EVER pay for ANYTHING with a card, then ALWAYS read the terms and conditions.

2. When cancelling anything, ALWAYS put it in writing, and always get proof of delivery.

It really isn't a con, as they do make their T&Cs available. It's just how they make their money. Many gyms do exactly the same, along with most other companies offering free trials.

It may not seem fair that it's written so small in the small print, but that's why they always make you agree to say you've read it all.

If you can't be arsed to read it all, don't agree to the T&Cs!!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • BexMF
    BexMF Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Since you seem to know the T & C back to front where does it say "even after you have cancelled membership we will continue to take your money?!"
    And it is false advertising also as noone can get their "HIGH CREDIT SCORE"
    It's alot of !!!!!!!!, The only "good" thing i have to say is i have never had a problem getitng inn touch with them just a shame they wont listen or take any notice of the fact i want it CANCELLED and continue to take money. And its the sly way they do it to they dont do it direct debit like the majority of legit companys they keep your details and take it as a debit card payment every month KNOWING full well this cannot be cancelled by the bank and causing numerous people to have to cancel their bank accounts, in my mind this is in no way acceptable and im sure many others would agree. Hence the reason for so many complaints online, im sure decent companys like Sky, T-Mobile etc (people who i regulary pay to and have NEVER had any problems with) have no where near the complaints of this one and certinatlly arent registered as scams,and take the money direct debits something which again can be cancelled if necessary,
    I would have understood if i hadnt cancelled or hadnt noticed it and let it slip but the fact is this was completly canclled i have a recorded telephone confirmation and yet for 6 months they have continued to take money out of my bank after asking them to cancell and being told they would so HOW pray tell can u condone this is anyway?!
  • SaMiR.G
    SaMiR.G Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 18 April 2011 at 12:24PM
    Options
    [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] In total i have lost around £100 Fastrack finance took £29.99 twice they took that amount in the space of 1 min apart. Then i had Highcreditscore.co.uk with £19.95 and Rewardsnow.co.uk both taking £19.95 a min apart from each other and they EVEN tried taking it again but the funds wernt available! I didnt even ring any of these companies up i tried to get a loan with a legitimet company but was unsuccesfull (there was no charge from this company), after that i had numerous phone calls from companies trying to give me loans, i gave my details to 2 different companies loanfinder.co.uk and unsecuredloans which both told me they wernt brokers and that there was no fees then i find this out today i didnt even speak to the companies that took my money! I needed that money to pay for something now i carnt and i try ringin them up but i either cant find the correct numbers or there arent any because there always busy! Can any 1 give me any advise please it would really help?? [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
  • tonybhoy_2
    Options
    well my girlfriend checked our statement on sunday and lo an behold 2 deductions from these scumbags,so went to bank today shut my account and opened another one it took 10 mins i'd advise everyone to do the same.
    p.s. i'd never heard of them till i read this yesterday(scary);)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure