Highcreditscore.co.uk & rewardsnow.co.uk [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• Fyffes
    Fyffes Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Nicely done Chantelle.

It's really interesting that they telephoned you instead of the normal practice of sending a template letter. You're obviously doing something that has made them panic to the extent that the immediate fix of speaking to you was preferable to sending an email which they know may not be read for a couple of days (or indeed end up concealed in your junk folder).

I'd like to think that this thread has resulted in rewardsnow facing legal action from the companies who's logos they used without permission. It'd also be nice if the OFT are breathing down their necks. And most importantly it's good to know that this thread has probably given people the confidence to take them on in their masses. I hope they're snowed under with complaints and they feel like they're under attack from all directions at the moment,

I'd imagine that the vast majority of people who discover money has been taken from their accounts google "rewardsnow" to find out who they are. Unfortunately for rewardsnow, this forum sits prominently near the top of page 1 of the search results. Which is why it gets well over a hundred views a day.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fyffes wrote: »
    I'd imagine that the vast majority of people who discover money has been taken from their accounts google "rewardsnow" to find out who they are. Unfortunately for rewardsnow, this forum sits prominently near the top of page 1 of the search results. Which is why it gets well over a hundred views a day.

And if you click on the link for MSE (even though you are already here) we might just climb up the rankings with time and get to be the FIRST one that people see...
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • r0br0y
    r0br0y Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    hi all,
    just had the asda voucher email back it appears their records are now held at their american office? see below the responce i recieved:
    We do not have the facility to capture your information when you first input your details into the registration form. The only information we can provide is a sample of the screen shot that was completed in order to activate your membership. I have attached 2 screenshots as it is possible it may have been 1 of the 2 attachments above.

With regards to the original welcome email that was sent to you, my colleague has requested this from our department based in the US an when they get back to us that email will be forwarded to you.

If you have any queries now or in the future, please feel free to contact Rewards Now by telephone or email during normal office hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) using the contact information provided below.

it looks like an admission that they don't have proof to me, or am i being stupid?

ghd have reffered my email to their brand protection team for investigation, here's hoping a law suit will follow.

reading chantelle's comments is both encouraging and worrying.
    where did they get her mobile number from?
    once i have obtained my refund i intend to make a point of making sure this company:
    have not passed my details to anyone else
    and
    have completely deleted my details from their system.
    i'm not sure yet how to go about this but there will be a way
  • r0br0y
    Options
    aquick google of vertrue and it would seem the american senate committee on trade has demanded answers from their CEO.
    i will try and find the response from them
  • Fyffes
    Options
    r0br0y wrote: »
    We do not have the facility to capture your information when you first input your details into the registration form. The only information we can provide is a sample of the screen shot that was completed in order to activate your membership. I have attached 2 screenshots as it is possible it may have been 1 of the 2 attachments above.

:rotfl:

You couldn't make it up could you. Further to their lack of proof, I've been having a closer look at their Terms and Conditions which they claim allow them to legally enforce an agreement. Within their document they have stated the following:

A member is entitled to access discounts and/or other benefits on certain products offered by vendors/providers participating in the scheme.

So as we've now established that many of the "vendors/providers" they are alluding to have never even heard of rewardsnow, this must surely mean that the T&C's are legally invalid. The customer is asked to read the T&C's before deciding to opt in to their scheme. Therefore the customer is at this stage making his/her decision based on the belief that discounts and offers are available from Comet, Next, Marriott etc even though they are not. This could easily sway a person's decision as to whether or not to sign up. Rewardsnow are attempting to entice people to part with their money for something that doesn't exist. So it's a con. Pure and simple.

Next week's special offer ar Rewardsnow - Buy a unicorn and get a Dodo absolutely free!
  • r0br0y
    Options
    hey a result i think, i will have to wait and see right enough but a full refund in 7 - 10 days.
    Member ID: 147263648

Dear John,

Thank you for your email received on 02 March 2011.

I can now confirm that your membership to Rewards Now has been cancelled. A full refund has been processed on your behalf. Please allow 7-10 working days for this be credited to your account.

In regards to Rewards Now passing on your details to other companies, we do not pass any details on to anyone.

Rewards Now has no connection to Asda so therefore your assumption was incorrect in regards to that. We give a £10 Asda gift voucher as a welcome gift for becoming a member of Rewards Now. This does not mean we have been given any details by Asda and it does not mean we are in partnership with Asda.

We have not taken any money illegally from you.

What I would highly recommend you do in the future when your signing up for any membership is to read the Terms and Conditions so that you are aware of what the regulations of the membership is.

If you have any queries now or in the future, please feel free to contact Rewards Now by telephone or email during normal office hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) using the contact information provided below.

We are always happy to help and welcome the possibility of you subscribing to Rewards Now Score in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Chris Shakur
    Customer Services Representative
    On behalf of Rewards Now

now for the OFT
  • chantelle2333
    Options
    Thats great to hear that your getting a full refund robroy :beer:

despite the fact there email told me i was only getting a refund for some of the money I have checked my bank and I have now received ALL the money they owe me now to change my card and contact the OFT. I may have my money back but thousands of people don't.

I think they picked the wrong lady to mess with when they took my money

unlucky mate!!
  • Fyffes
    Options
    What I would highly recommend you do in the future when your signing up for any membership is to read the Terms and Conditions so that you are aware of what the regulations of the membership is.

Is that the same set of Terms and Conditions that describe companies as "vendors/providers participating in the scheme" even though those they refer to have never heard of Rewardsnow?
  • Fyffes
    edited 2 March 2011 at 4:43PM
    Options
    We have not taken any money illegally from you.

Interesting that this statement isn't accompanied by anything proving they took your money legally isn't it? No matter how many times we've asked for legally valid evidence, they absolutley always duck the question.

My understanding is that an online agreement such as this is called a click wrap agreement. In order to prove they had a legal right to enforce any such agreement they should be keeping records of the time and date you entered the agreement as well as the IP address you used and electronic proof that you viewed the Terms and Conditions before clicking "I Accept". Unfortunately Adaptive Affinity are fully aware that the law in this area is vague and open to interpretation at the moment (hopefully this will change soon) which is why they have exploited it in this way.

For some unknown reason Adaptive Affinity seem to think that an electronic signature isn't important. This could all have been avoided if they used a link from their welcome email to their Terms and Conditions which customers would then be asked to read before clicking "I Accept". Instead of this sensible option, Rewardsnow prefer to attach themselves to the final stages of signing up process of other companies (to fool the customer into thinking they are still providing details to the original company) before stealthily gaining acces to your bank account. And just to cover their own backs they will (at a later date) provide a copy of an email ready which they themselves admit is likely to arrive in your spam/junk folder.

And when you ask them for actual evidence of your alleged membership enrollment, they duck the question and simply tell us they haven't done anything illegal. Maybe we should all go out mugging pensioners and when the police turn up we can just say "I haven't done anything illegal officer but I as a gesture of goodwill I shall refund the money I stole from this elderly lady within 7-10 working days".
  • chantelle2333
    Options
    lol fyffes, It is so true though how can this be anywhere near legal, and if your not guilty of something why would you give the money back 373.95 in my case any reputable company who had acted entirely legally would have shown me the proof I had asked for then told me to go whistle for my money. But then again had I known I was actually signed up to these companies I simply wouldn't have been and if I was signed up and receiving a service then i wouldn't be asking for a refund if it was a service I had opted into paying for. It would be like me saying to sky I actually haven't been in a lot lately so i don't think I will pay you this month I want a refund.
    The thing that amazes me is that they have been getting away with this for so long as the length of this thread shows. and yet they actually seem highly unorganised and don't seem to have a lot of excuses as soon as they run out of them you get your money back.

Has anyone actually received anything from this company or signed up knowingly?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure