🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Highcreditscore.co.uk & rewardsnow.co.uk [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• Fyffes
    Fyffes Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Comet are the first to reply. They're not in any form of partnership with Rewardsnow and are investigating the possible infringement of the use of the Comet logo.

So it appears that Rewardsnow are so keen to give the impression that they are working with a large established company that they are prepared to use their logo without obtaining any permission whatsoever. Very naughty.
  • micgill72
    Options
    micgill72 wrote: »
    Hi, can i just ask how did you get on? i got caught by them and they produced an email that i never received, did you get your money back? Not sure what to do next...

well after numerous emails to rewardsnow and a letter to David Forrest who is the MD of Adaptive Affinity who operates and owns rewardsnow I got a letter from them saying I would get a full refund of £14.95 in 7-10 days so we will see... As mentioned before I think on this forum Adaptive Affinity were investigated by OFT, think it is time they did it again. I am lucky I only got stung for £14.95, sounds like others got hit for a lot more on here. I hope all who are owed get their money pronto. As other have said just keep at them until you get a result. I'm disgusted that they are getting away with this, as one person wrote recently which i thought was quite fitting and said that they should change there website address to dickturpin dot co dot uk, although as the saying goes... at least he wore a mask!

Be interested to see how many companies are actually associated with them, i see comet aren't so i hope they take legal action.

it is a sad state of affairs that companies have to resort to such underhand tactics. Make sure you send letters recorded delivery. Good luck! :) Address below for !!!!!! Turpin aka David Forrest...

Mr. David Forrest
    Managing Director
    Adaptive Affinity Limited
    Cavendish House
    369 Burnt Oak Broadway
    Edgware
    Middx HA8 5AW
  • micgill72
    Options
    just checked bank account and money has been paid in, yay! :T:)
  • Fyffes
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know about your success. It's important that people can see that it's possible to get your money back. All too many people come on here looking for advice then rather selfishly disappear once they have their money back. Thus letting Adaptive Affinity off the hook and allowing them to do the same thing to their next "customers". Should we really be letting this company get away with it? The next people who come unstuck could be our friends and family so it's not good enough to leave them to it. Plus they've still got our banking and personal details so who knows what could happen next?

Everyone must at very least contact Consumer Direct regardless of whether or not they have been refunded. They will add the complaint to the presumably huge file of complaints against this company. It takes a lot for the OFT to take action but they'll have no option but to do so if the number of complaints reaches a level which is necessary to trigger their intervention yet again.
  • r0br0y
    Options
    Hi,
    Unfortunately I too have fallen victim of rewards now. I have read most of the post with interest and am greatful for all the useful information you guys have passed on.
    It would appear that I am some way off getting my £200 back as I have only sent 2 emails and made 2 phone calls so far.
    Rest assured David Forrest will be getting a letter first thing Monday morning, I might even try pestering him by phone.
    I have emailed every so called partner of this shady company, so far Asda and Comet have never heard of them and simply b cut all ties with them at the end of December.
    I have kept all the email evidence and will be sending Mr Forrest coppies.
  • micgill72
    Options
    Yeah just keep at them, crafty b******* they are but hopefully you will get a result in the end. Don't give up I'm sure you won't...

Hopefully if we all contact OFT they will intervene.

David forrest came back to me within a week and also got refund in that time frame. i was lucky to notice the money coming out very quickly as i check my bank account on a daily basis on-line.

Remember to send letter recorded and keep copies, oh and good luck!
  • Fyffes
    Options
    If Rewardsnow are guilty of using companies logos without permission then why are they surprised when people allege that they take money from their bank accounts without permission.

The fact that this company refunds everyone who kicks up a fuss is clear evidence that they wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they were taken to court over it. Why else would they do it? A credit card company wouldn't refund u because their signing up process is watertight. But Rewardsnow appear to operate by sneaking into your bank account under the radar and chancing their luck on how long it is before they get detected. There's probably hundreds of people out there who are losing hundreds of pounds without even realising it.

I only lost twenty quid before getting it refunded but I would have had absolutely no hesitation in taking them to court if the total was in the hundreds like some people have lost.

Rewardsnow will make it difficult to reclaim your money but that's because they work on a percentage system.

X amount of people will never attempt to reclaim them so they keep the lot.

X amount of people will give up after their first attempt to contact rewardsnow once they are told that they won't be refunded because of some Asda voucher. Which again means rewardsnow keep the lot.

X amount of people will ask
    their bank to cancel their card without even contacting rewardsnow who will therefore keep the money they have taken.

X amount of people will give up after being refused a refund three or four times so they keep the full amount.

X amount of people will take the offer of a partial refund which means rewardsnow keep a sizable chunk.

For those who do not accept being fobbed off,
    they will reluctantly pay you off with a full refund rather than risk taking on somebody who knows their rights. They prefer to concentrate on those who don't.

Theoretically speaking, if they take money from 100 people without permission,
    they are highly unlikely to refund 100 people for the full amount. Thus meaning that a healthy profit is made even if the majority of their 100 "customers" are refunded. It's impossible not to make a profit because there are no costs for rewardsnow as they are not providing any product or service that is used by their "customers". So it's a 100 profit every time.

The fact of the matter is they know full well that they should refund absolutely everyone who asks but it is of course worth the gamble of not doing so because of the percentage game. Hopefully people will read this thread and realise that this lot will eventually have to refund you if you relentlessly demand it. Their "evidence" of your alleged enrollment is laughable and they know it.
  • r0br0y
    Options
    Had another reply from warner leisure, surprise surprise it would appear they have never heard of this corrupt company either.
    Has anyone actually checked these so called bargains on rewards now? so far i haven't found one price cheaper than you can buy on the real web sites, i wonder what mr forrest will have to say about this?
  • Fyffes
    Options
    What he should be saying is "ok you've got us bang to rights and we've been using companies logos without permission because we want to give the false impression that we can be trusted because of our association with famous national brands".

The reality is they simply won't comment on it and we'll probably just see the logos gradually removed from rewardsnow's website as and when they are threatened with legal action from the companies involved. Watch this space. I'm led to believe that other Adaptive Affinity brands have done this in the past so i presume they'll just replace the soon to be withdrawn logos with new ones obtained without permission from any reputable company they opt for next.

Permission isn't something Adaptive Affinity concern themselves with. They will use company logos without permission and they will take money from your bank account without permission (as far as i'm aware they haven't provided anyone with legally viable evidence of their right to enforce any agreement).

And of course the reason they're not cheaper than other sites on the internet is because rewardsnow isn't actually geared up to be competitive in the market. They make their money in other ways don't they? The company and the way it operates has been dreamt up purely to take money from people's accounts whilst masquerading as some kind of retail discount website working in partnership with high street giants.

I do wish they'd stop insulting people's intelligence and drop the whole "butter wouldn't melt in our months" act. They may think it's acceptable to laugh in the OFT's faces but we all know what they're up to and they need to pack it in. They disgust me!
  • chantelle2333
    chantelle2333 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 3 March 2011 at 11:05AM
    Options
    Well looks as though I will be getting my money back after all they refunded 139.60 I wrote back stating this simply wasn't good enough and that i had discovered they had taken more money than i first thought and i wanted a no quibble 100% refund or i was off to the OFT I stated that they better give me a reply by the end of business that day as I was already drafting out my letter to the OFT. Next thing my mobiles ringing, I get a call from a man who sounds as though he would rather dig out his eye with a rusty spoon than be making this phone call , Hello is this miss crooks, (yes) I'm (didn't quite catch the mumbled name) from (mumbled) rewards first this is just a call to let you know you should have already received a partial refund and we will be giving you a full refund within the next 7-10 working days (all this said as fast as possible) (ok but...) Yes Miss X so that's just to confirm a complete refund for you goodbye (hangs up) I was so thrown by the call as i hadn't given them my number or called them from my mobile at any time I didn't get a chance to ask them where they got my number [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]. So i emailed them to request this in writing and was highly disappointed this morning when I received an email from yet another different email address stating that the refund was only for the amount taken in the name of rewards first. So they still owe me £100 well 99.80 but what's 20pence between friends hey LOL. so as you can imagine my fingers have yet again been set to work writing email after email to express my disgust and disappointment with them and requesting the rest of my money asap! Meanwhile back in my bat cave I have made a few more discoveries

Thanks for contacting ASDA regarding the allocation of our vouchers. I am very sorry for the problems you are now experiencing from a number of companies and can fully understand how upsetting this must be for you.

I have now spoken to our Business Rewards team who provide gift vouchers to companies. They have advised that the four names you listed have not been issued with any vouchers. However, it is quite possible that they could have received the vouchers via a third party who was in receipt of such vouchers. Sadly we would not be able to determine where any voucher was further forwarded once we provided them to any company.

I have, however, passed on all your comments to the business rewards team so that they are aware of this matter. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Interesting I am sure you will agree

and le redoute, boots, barratts and the marriott all claim no association with them and have all said they would advise there legal departments to look in to them.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

I did email watchdog last week but haven't heard anything back from them but if a few more of you guys take the time to email them (which can be done via there website) we might be able to get them to cover this. [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]Cx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport