Highcreditscore.co.uk & rewardsnow.co.uk [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• Fyffes
    Fyffes Posts: 126 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2011 at 3:26PM
    Options
    Simply unbelievable!

You ask them for electronic proof so they provide you with an email with absolutely no electronic proof of sending or receipt? Surely they should at very least be able to provide you with your IP address that you used when allegedly setting up your account?

Isn't that like putting a randomly addressed letter into a post box then insisting it's legally valid even though there's no proof anybody received it at the other end?

So are Adaptive Affinity suggesting that (theoretically speaking) an Eastern European cyber-crime syndicate would be legally entitled to withdraw money from our bank accounts as long as they can mock up an email and claim they sent it to us prior to the withdrawal?

This company (Adaptive Affinity) made certain assurances to the OFT not so long ago following a high number of complaints about their conduct. These promises were made BEFORE this thread was started. You can make your own conclusions about whether or not this company has changed it's ways but the fact is that there have been almost twenty five thousand views of this thread.

If they believe their company policies are perfectly legitimate then why do they avoid answering perfectly legitimate questions about their business practices?

It's no surprise that certain companies such as lastminute.com broke their ties with a sister company of Rewards Now due to complaints received.

It's also very interesting to see they've dropped their Asda voucher screenshot from their "evidence" of enrollment in their response to ilovepurple. Could this be because it asks you to "re-enter" your email address? This flies in the face of Adaptive Affinity's assurances to the OFT that they would take measures to ensure that their "customers" were aware they were signing up to an Adaptive Affinity brand and not still passing their details to the original website they had visited?

If the Asda screenshot was the FIRST contact between Rewards Now and their "customer" then WHY are we asked to "re-enter" our email address? It couldn't possibly be to make the "customer" not realise they're suddenly dealing with a completely different company could it? And why is the "customer" not asked to re-enter their bank details? Presumably this means they already have your bank details regardless of whether or not you take up their kind offer to pay £19.95 for a £10 Asda voucher.

If that's the case then what's to stop a company taking money from your account without bothering to wait to see if the "customer" even enrolls with them? Theoretically speaking, any company which has been supplied with your details by a third party could just take money from your account without any contact whatsoever then claim they were entitled to do so because they later produce a "welcome email" and insist that you received it.

We would expect a company to provide electronic evidence that they are not doing this but Rewards Now appear to be unwilling to even acknowledge any requests for actual legally valid electronic evidence, let alone provide any.

Ignoring these requests and insisting that a "welcome email" is absolute legal evidence of their right to enforce an agreement is surely incorrect.
  • chantelle2333
    chantelle2333 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2011 at 1:53PM
    Options
    hey guys
    I am having the same trouble here [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM], due to personal circumstance i have not had access to my mail or my bankstatements so unfortunatly for me these so called companies have been taking a grand total of £74.80 from my account every month for 4 months which amounts to a not so funny total of 299.20 not including the 7.99 a month every month from the company that ultimatly allowed this to happen (credit expert) or the £60 bank charges i have recieved for goning overdrawn twice!!! I am a single mother on benefits i only wanted to check my credit score if i knew it would cost me over £300 i would not have bothered. I only found out as i have to move from my current address so i thought i better start up internet banking and try and sort my affairs out good job i did! I have so many questions as im sure you all did and am so glad i found this site [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] just wondering if anyone had contacted creditexpert directly to ask them about their involvement with these companies? I have recieved no mail at all or confirmation of any membership or services from any of the above named companies and to be honest the service i recieve from creditexpert for 7.99 a month is non exsistent too. apart from cancelling my card with immediete effect tomorrow morning where else do i go from here? please help
    kind regards
    chantelle
  • Fyffes
    Options
    You're probably best off reading the thread from start to finish to see if there's anything of any use to your particular circumstances.

Taking your statements into your bank highlighting the transactions of these companies is advisable. Your bank's fraud investigation team might have a look into it if they think anything untoward has happened.

Please let us know how you get on.
  • chantelle2333
    Options
    i have written a letter to all four named companies even though they are one in the same detailing my disgust at their actions and the situation as i see it i have told them i demand a full refund by way of cheque as i have had to cancel my card and i will be damned if i am giving them any more of my details a full written apology and a copy of their complaints procedure so i can file my complaint officially. within 7 working days or i will have no choice but to contact trading standards the office of fair trading and the police as well as my bank and the fraud investigation team for visa i have sent it via email to all and will be sending it care of each company to the address in edware recorded delivery tomorrow, i have spoken with creditexpert who claim to have no knowledge of these companies but have said they will look into it (we'll see shall we) and i have also emailed watchdog one way or another i will bring these so called companies down!!! it was money i could not really afford to lose! i wouldn't have spent that much on things i wanted let alone things that dont exsist!!! so we shall see what comes to light now but i will keep u informed C.
  • Fyffes
    edited 20 February 2011 at 6:58PM
    Options
    Don't forget to tell Consumer Direct what's happened to you. Consumer Direct are part of the OFT.

Consumer Direct will also give you some advice on how to deal with your problem.
  • chantelle2333
    Options
    well today i recieved a rather amusing email from rewards now claiming to have ended my memebership with them effective immediatly and offering me 139.60 as a good will gesture! which they claim will be in my bank within 7 to 10 working days i don't think it will i asked for a cheque as i have to cancel my card because of them. :mad:

so not being happy with that or there claims i signed up with them when i recieved a asda voucher (stop me if you've heard this before) I emailed them back here is what i put

firstly I would like to thank you for your quick response, however your email
    has still left me with a few questions. As you can clearly see from my first
    email to you dated 21st feb 2011 I have informed you that I have never even so
    much as heard of your companies, let alone agreed to any free trials or any
    offers. I have never supplied you with my details or any of my email addresses.
    If this is untrue then you will be able to inform me which email address i
    supposedly used to sign up with you. I have never recieved any mail from you of
    any kind welcoming me or confirming membership and i definatly have never had a
    asda voucher from you! As a loyal customer of asda I think I would have
    remembered such a thing! I have told you that i have never had a memebership
    number so you have sent me 4 numbers i have never seen before, probably
    completly fabricated as you know full well that if i was to use them they would
    not work and you would claim that this is because you have just ended my
    membership with you at my request! You claim your service offers discounts from
    high street stores firstly this isn't really something that would interest me
    because i am not a big shopper, see your preivious email and you will discover i
    am a single parent living on benefits, I cannot afford to spend that kind of
    money a month on tv and broadband let alone a service such as the one you claim
    to be providing me. Again I will bring to your attention that i have recieved no
    emails from you until this point so how am I supposed to be gaining all these
    discounts and vouchers? your companies have had over £200 from me and I have
    recieved NOTHING and all you claim I have recieved is £10 asda voucher don't you
    think thats a little odd? Also if your company has not done anything wrong them
    why would you offer £139.60 as a goodwill gesture? because the way i see it is
    that is the best way for any LEGITIMATE company to go out of business?

So here is what I a proposing you either provide me with concrete evidence
    that I am infact one of your memebers (a screenshot of your supposed asda
    voucher does not count)
    or you can refund ALL of the money a sum of 299.20 to my account ASAP and
    provide me with a satisfactory apology and I might just see fit to leave it at
    that.
    OR you can fob me off with your lame excuses and lies and I will go to
    consumer direct, office of fair trading, trading standards, Visa fraud
    department, watchdog and the police
    the choice is entirely yours. I will keenly be awaiting your response which I
    expect to be within 48hrs

iwill be interested to see where that gets me
  • micgill72
    Options
    Hi, can i just ask how did you get on? i got caught by them and they produced an email that i never received, did you get your money back? Not sure what to do next...
  • chantelle2333
    chantelle2333 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2011 at 4:50PM
    Options
    Well as annoying as this all is I also find it absoloutly fascinating it seems this forum and the people in it reporting problems with these companies is just the tip of the ice berg, [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] I have been reading about the company and its many unsatisfied customers and i use the term customers loosley because 90% of us don't even know why we are paying for this non existent service all day and will prepare a list of facts to use against them shortly.
    Just to let you know how I am getting along in my personal quest for a refund i recieved a email back the very next day saying that all four accounts had been closed with immediate effect the email contained a list of supposed member id's numbers i had never even seen before. and they said they would give me £139.60 as a a goodwill gesture. However I could not claim a full refund as I had signed up with them and accepted a ten pound asda voucher. I never recieved any such email spam or otherwise and never accepted any terms and conditions i cannot seem to stress this fact enough! The email was confusing and full of bs so I emailed them back with this

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}Dear sirs,

firstly I would like to thank you for your quick response, however your email has still left me with a few questions. As you can clearly see from my first email to you dated 21st feb 2011 I have informed you that I have never even so much as heard of your companies, let alone agreed to any free trials or any offers. I have never supplied you with my details or any of my email addresses. If this is untrue then you will be able to inform me which email address i supposedly used to sign up with you. I have never recieved any mail from you of any kind welcoming me or confirming membership and i definatly have never had a asda voucher from you! As a loyal customer of asda I think I would have remembered such a thing!
    I have told you that i have never had a memebership number so you have sent me 4 numbers i have never seen before, probably completly fabricated as you know full well that if i was to use them they would not work and you would claim that this is because you have just ended my membership with you at my request! You claim your service offers discounts from high street stores firstly this isn't really something that would interest me because i am not a big shopper, see your preivious email and you will discover i am a single parent living on benefits, I cannot afford to spend that kind of money a month on tv and broadband let alone a service such as the one you claim to be providing me. Again I will bring to your attention that i have recieved no emails from you until this point so how am I supposed to be gaining all these discounts and vouchers? your companies have had over £200 from me and I have recieved NOTHING and all you claim I have recieved is £10 asda voucher don't you think thats a little odd? [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

So here is what I a proposing you either provide me with concrete evidence that I am infact one of your memebers (a screenshot of your supposed asda voucher does not count)
    or you can refund ALL of the money a sum of 299.20 to my account ASAP and provide me with a satisfactory apology and I might just see fit to leave it at that.
    OR you can fob me off [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] I will go to consumer direct, office of fair trading, trading standards, Visa fraud department, watchdog and the police
    the choice is entirely yours. I will keenly be awaiting your response which I expect to be within 48hrs

I have so far heard nothing back from them, I got to thinking that if the asda vouchers actually exsist then asda would know about it so i emailed them this

to whom it may concern,
    I was wondering if you would be able to help me? I need to know if ASDA has ever suppplied vouchers to companies called REWARDSNOW, REWARDSFIRST, HIGHCREDITSCORE, CREDITSCOREMATTERS? These comapanies are claiming that I have accepted a £10 ASDA voucher from them and therefore agreed to sign up to other services (which as I never signed up i obviously have never recieved) and have between the four above named companies taken over £300 from my bank account using details I never gave them! I have never accepted any vouchers from any such companies, Infact I had never even heard of these comapanies until they appeared on my bankstatements. As a loyal ASDA customer I think I would have remembered such a voucher.
    [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] If you have infact suppiled these companies with said vouchers is there anyway you could give me more information about the company and are you aware that there so called sign up proceedure is based around the acceptance of a ASDA voucher?? I would like to point out that at NO time did I ACTUALLY recieve a voucher, the above named companies which are infact one in the same are claiming that I recieved a voucher and on accepting that voucher I agreed to them taking 19.95 for each company out of my bank account every month! [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] and thirdly at no poiunt did they claim I MYSELF give them my bank details (because I didn't) and if as I am currently suspecting you have not supplied any such voucher [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Please note I am not in any way claiming that they have obtained my bank details through ASDA
    Any help you could give me would be much appreciated

If they come back to me and say no we have nothing to do with them then I have them right where i want them.
    I have also emailed over 20 of the companies listed on there websites to ask them if they do indeed supply this company with discounts and vouchers for its customers. I have a feeling the answer will be no as after doing some research today I discovered a man who contacted halfords and hmv that used to be advertised on one of the many sites and they said no they were not in business with them and would be getting there legal department to look into it. Adaptive affinity the parent company have already been looked into by the OFT so a email from me will be making it's way to them shortly.
    Further to the 299.20 I had already worked out these companies have taken from me I have discovered that REWARDSFIRST have been taking money from me since JUNE 2010 not NOV as I had first thought meaning they owe me another £74.75:mad:

TRUST ME I WILL BE GETTING IT BACK ONE WAY OR ANOTHER
    this company and ANY companies involved with them need to be stopped.

My advice to you would be to complain complain complian and do not let up until you get the answers you want!

C x
  • Fyffes
    Options
    My advice to you would be to complain complain complian and do not let up until you get the answers you want!

I couldn't agree more. It will be interesting to se what Asda's response is. Does a reputable company like Asda really want to be seen to be invlolved in some kind of partnership with a company like RewardsNow?

Asda have recently been voted by the public into the top 10 most trusted companies in the UK so I'm sure it's no coincidence Rewardsnow are keen to give the impression that they are in some kind of partnership with Asda. The suggestion appears to be- if you trust Asda then you can trust us too.

For some reason I suspect Asda may not be so keen to ally themselves with any of Adaptive Affinity's brands. Particularly if they read this forum and the many other's about the conduct of the Adaptive Affinity group.
  • Fyffes
    edited 23 February 2011 at 11:09PM
    Options
    The list of "merchants" on Rewardsnow's home page is quite extensive. Again the suggestion appears to be some kind of partnership but I'd be very surprised if companies such as Comet, Debenhams, Dreams, Next, Thomson, Laura Ashley, Mariott etc would have entered into some kind of agreement with Adaptive Affininty despite it's reputation which is easily researched via google.

And if it turns out that these companies are doing business with Rewardsnow then i suggest we all boycott them until the partnership ends because they really should know better than to get into bed with this lot.

I've just emailed each of the above companies to ask if they have given Rewardsnow their permission to use their logo and whether or not they have a business agreement together. I'll bet £19.95 per month that they've never heard of rewardsnow and Adaptive Affinity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure