We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…109110112114115…235

Comments

  • matty538
    matty538 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    As above I rang up last week to request my PAC code an my online account now shows Im eligible to upgrade if I want too.
    Im hoping this is a good sign, from my point of view it shows my account is comming to an end rather than just cancelling early, I am worried though that they will try and get the money out of me for the remaining term.
  • Ok, I rang Orange disconnections at 8.30am (early bird) I had my disconnection request accepted earlier this week.

    The nice chap said my PAC number is in the post and should be with me Monday. I queried if I will be billed for the remainder of the contract and he said no, you have been released from your contract and will be billed for the remainder of the 30 days notice only.

    I too am eligible for free upgrade online. I feel more comfortable about transfering my number now.
  • Bumbles2
    Bumbles2 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    drbesty wrote: »
    You are greedy, simple as, if you're only after more minutes, then plenty of people on this forum have managed to haggle more minutes, you could have just said 'double my minutes and i wont cancel'. You chose to get out a of contract because of the t&cs, then sign up to the new t&cs that you were so against, and purely because you get a new phone. That makes you, and anyone else who has done the same, greedy, and there's no arguement about it

    I think it sounds sensible to me, no geedy at all.:beer:
  • Bumbles2
    Bumbles2 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    talkalot wrote: »
    What annoys me is most people on here will never be affected by the changes. When you took out your contract you agreed to be with Orange for a set time. Ok they have put up their prices. If you can prove that it will affect you then cancel your contract. I met most people did not even know what the out of bundle call charges were till this came along.

    How can Orange PROVE it won't affect you just because it hasn't affected you so far? Nobody has a crystal ball to look into the future to see if you will ever have the need to ring an 08 number. Your argument is flawed.

    The easy way round this would have been to keep existing customers on their contracts and new customers on the new contract. Slowly the older customers would have thinned out as they came to upgrade and renew. Orange chose not to do this. They are a big company with a big legal team. They had the choice and so do it's customers. Customers are now exercising their choice.:D
  • Daddy
    Daddy Posts: 27 Forumite
    robot1000 wrote: »
    Please voice your concerns to Ofcom if they've refused to cancel your contract

    http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/mob...?itemid=316147

    I just used this form, thankyou.

    My issue is that my previous 3 months of usage is no fair indicator of the future usage, as I was just about to cancel my BT phone and use my mobile for ALL my calls. That would mean I'd still never go above my 1200 minute allowance, but I WOULD be dialing a lot of 08 numbers.
  • tsk139
    tsk139 Posts: 13 Forumite
    well seems i was right not to trust them as just checked my online bill and it says i owe them Amount due £405.06:mad: and whats this all about
    Adjustments (VAT applicable)
    MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 130.43
    MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 130.43
    MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 77.30
    Call charges (VAT applicable)
    Amount this month - see itemisation for details 0.51
    Data charges 0.00
    Total exc. VAT £336.69


    phoned orange this morning and was told that it is a mistake and should not be there and will put the credit back on my account ,so watch this space will let you all know
  • Ewaf
    Ewaf Posts: 174 Forumite
    Humm I am not sure what to do now. I have cancelled my contract where I had 7 months or so left and they are issuing my PAC code. As previously ask I wanted to know if i could use the PAC code to start a new orange contract and have had mixed answers. Orange said no I can't, whereas people here and elsewhere have said yes I can.

    If anyone knows for sure that you 100% can use the PAC code for another orange contract

    Many Thanks
  • SammyS1987
    SammyS1987 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am waiting to see other peoples results today before I call. Hopefully the Sunday team will be a bit more understanding!
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    robot1000 wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the right moment to cancel because of the £150 cashback when I took out my Contract in June.

    I received the text message yesterday, so can I wait till the 2 months of my contract are up (Quidco validation period) and then cancel (probably around the 22nd August).

    Would I still be eligible to cancel then?

    I've just had a thought...

    If I call up today and request my PAC code and then use it AFTER the 22nd August, I would therefore be fulfilling the 2 months connection period.

    Would that work?
  • SammyS1987 wrote: »
    I am waiting to see other peoples results today before I call. Hopefully the Sunday team will be a bit more understanding!

    I wouldn't bet your life on it. I have just tried and got a nice soft spoken lady who said let me check and went away for a few minutes.

    BUT ...same result... she came back and said you don't qualify and she also mentioned that I had been informed of the same thing yesterday on several occasions.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.