We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
What annoys me is most people on here will never be affected by the changes. When you took out your contract you agreed to be with Orange for a set time. Ok they have put up their prices. If you can prove that it will affect you then cancel your contract. I met most people did not even know what the out of bundle call charges were till this came along.
Surely it will effect most people that dial 08** numbers from their mobile, Which as I don't have a landline atm I do call on a fairly regular basis.0 -
I did say that if you were affected then they should allow you to cancel without any problems. What I disagree with is that its been used as a get out clause so that some people can get money off or just change phones.0
-
I did say that if you were affected then they should allow you to cancel without any problems. What I disagree with is that its been used as a get out clause so that some people can get money off or just change phones.
But after two phone calls today they won't let me cancel because I didn't make enough calls to 08** numbers in the last month. Even though I have made 65 calls to 08** numbers since January. Don't most people make the odd call to an 08** number now anyway even if it is once a year it is still going to affect them.0 -
well seems i was right not to trust them as just checked my online bill and it says i owe them Amount due £405.06:mad: and whats this all aboutanother thing how do i make sure that orange don't pull a fast one and bill me for remainder of my contract been told twice by orange i won't ,but can i trust them ?
Adjustments (VAT applicable)
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 130.43
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 130.43
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 77.30
Call charges (VAT applicable)
Amount this month - see itemisation for details 0.51
Data charges 0.00
Total exc. VAT £336.69
been trying to phone them tonight but can't find a number to get though on as others ask for my mobile number but reject it0 -
You know what, I was eligable to cancel, I was 6 weeks into a 24 month Dolphin 40 contract, I phoned up and said 'I want to cancel', and the guy said yeh fine I'll send your PUK, and instead of taking it I said I'd have £15 a month of my bill. Sorted. Do you not think that Orange are going to get the money that they've lost back somehow? It's gonna happen when legitimate users come to upgrade. And it's 'guess you weren't'. Learn some grammar woman
Eligible !
Yeah !
PAC !
Off !
Going to !
And !!!! !0 -
I did say that if you were affected then they should allow you to cancel without any problems. What I disagree with is that its been used as a get out clause so that some people can get money off or just change phones.
Dog eat dog world and nothing less than any corporate, would do to its own clients/victims.0 -
well seems i was right not to trust them as just checked my online bill and it says i owe them Amount due £405.06:mad: and whats this all about
Adjustments (VAT applicable)
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 130.43
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 130.43
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 77.30
Call charges (VAT applicable)
Amount this month - see itemisation for details 0.51
Data charges 0.00
Total exc. VAT £336.69
been trying to phone them tonight but can't find a number to get though on as others ask for my mobile number but reject it
Are you sure that's not a list of credits applied to your account to cover the remaining months rental? Obviously, worth calling to check though.
I'm hoping to cancel my Orange contract thanks to the contract changes too. Whilst I haven't made any calls to 08/07 numbers, nor have I exceeded my allocated minutes, I have cancelled my landline recently (not used often enough to justify the line rental) and will therefore find my bill affected in the future. I have a great deal with Orange at present (200mins, 500 texts, unlimited landline & data for £25 a month) but unfortunately have no reliable signal in my house. I was semi-prepared to perch precariously on a windowsill to make the 08/07 calls if necessary before these new terms came in, but now I'm not. I'm still smarting from the introduction of message delivery charges, so this is now the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
So, I don't really consider myself as being greedy by expecting Orange to cancel my contract. I only wish I could find that good a deal with O2 (the only network that works in my house ...). Presumably it's definitely worth lodging a complaint with OfCom if Orange don't play ball then? I'm assuming that Orange's latest stubborn stance on refusing to cancel contracts is an attempt to put off meeker customers from cancelling.
I'm calling Orange tomorrow, and will post the results here.0 -
No. It's greedy. It shows the changes don't affect them as they could simply "up" their existing plan.
And anyway, how many people out there make calls consistently under 45 seconds in duration????? Not many at all. So the changes won't affect you anyway. :rolleyes:
Excuse me Simax - as being a very loyal Orange customer for 6 years I can now say that they are a bunch of W***ers. First of all they started charging me ( ie all customers )for receiving delivery notices. Ok,you may say it cost just 1p per message but i for business and personal use, send at least 50 plus texts per day. Do the maths?
I was due my upgrade in May this year,so I rang Orange at the start of June having forgot that my upgrade was due. I was knocked back for a number of phones (including the W995) even after reading on this site that other customers received it on a fantastic deal.
I explained this to Orange and was told that I was not considered a 'loyal customer'. And this is me who always paid my bill on time, and stuck with them even though the area where live had poor reception!!!
It seems to me that consumers who were coming up to the end of their contract were knocked back by the powers that be within Orange because they have weighed up the cost of customers canceling their contacts against the profits they know they are going to make going forward.
I don't see the issue with cancelling a contract after Orange broke their own T&Cs that they set.
At the end of the day, if you do not comply with your part of a contract ie pay your bill they would not be long in sending the debt collector to your door!
Rant over:mad:0 -
Are you sure that's not a list of credits applied to your account to cover the remaining months rental? Obviously, worth calling to check though.
I'm hoping to cancel my Orange contract thanks to the contract changes too. Whilst I haven't made any calls to 08/07 numbers, nor have I exceeded my allocated minutes, I have cancelled my landline recently (not used often enough to justify the line rental) and will therefore find my bill affected in the future. I have a great deal with Orange at present (200mins, 500 texts, unlimited landline & data for £25 a month) but unfortunately have no reliable signal in my house. I was semi-prepared to perch precariously on a windowsill to make the 08/07 calls if necessary before these new terms came in, but now I'm not. I'm still smarting from the introduction of message delivery charges, so this is now the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
So, I don't really consider myself as being greedy by expecting Orange to cancel my contract. I only wish I could find that good a deal with O2 (the only network that works in my house ...). Presumably it's definitely worth lodging a complaint with OfCom if Orange don't play ball then? I'm assuming that Orange's latest stubborn stance on refusing to cancel contracts is an attempt to put off meeker customers from cancelling.
I'm calling Orange tomorrow, and will post the results here.
Now this is the scary bit !!! I wonder how many will be stung this way i.e. Orange CS saying contract cancelled and issued PAC code etc. but the final bill includes amount for the remainder of the contract.
Can anyone one else please confirm their final bill to see if they have been charged for the remainder of their contract.
I now have the PAC but scared to use it just in case Orange then bill me for the remaining 15 months left of my 24 month contract.
My online account section on Orange has changed and now shows that I'm eligible for an upgrade where as a few days ago it said you cannot upgrade until Jan 2011.0 -
well seems i was right not to trust them as just checked my online bill and it says i owe them Amount due £405.06:mad: and whats this all about
Adjustments (VAT applicable)
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 130.43
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 130.43
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 77.30
Call charges (VAT applicable)
Amount this month - see itemisation for details 0.51
Data charges 0.00
Total exc. VAT £336.69
been trying to phone them tonight but can't find a number to get though on as others ask for my mobile number but reject it
Sorry I meant to quote this.
Now this is the scary bit !!! I wonder how many will be stung this way i.e. Orange CS saying contract cancelled and issued PAC code etc. but the final bill includes amount for the remainder of the contract.
Can anyone one else please confirm their final bill to see if they have been charged for the remainder of their contract.
I now have the PAC but scared to use it just in case Orange then bill me for the remaining 15 months left of my 24 month contract.
My online account section on Orange has changed and now shows that I'm eligible for an upgrade where as a few days ago it said you cannot upgrade until Jan 2011.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards