We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…106107109111112…235

Comments

  • @CharlesC

    I think you'll find it's a standard letter. I rang up after receiving my letter to check and they agreed that I wouldn't be charged except for the remaining 30 days notice.

    Have you and your friend checked your online billing? I looked at mine a few days ago and I had a huge credit on my balance summary to cover the remaining term.

    Karen.
  • kernal_2
    kernal_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    i have been told by 7 different people i cant cancel as i do not exceed my usage, advised another rude chap on the 8th call that i have used an 08 num in last 3 month at least twice, and they put me through and cancelled it.

    my partner had same issue, i spoke to them and said she had made a call before calling them today they said as it wont show till tomorrow on billing system that they would put a note on system and callbak tomorrow and will cancel no problem
  • SammyS1987
    SammyS1987 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Just spoke to Rory @ Orange (29039). He said due to the large amount of customers exploiting the loophole at 4pm yesterday their legal team issued instruction to all advisors that the average over the last three months needs to be five or more. I said is a 300% increase not seen as a excessive increase in charge and he said it was not.

    Asked why it was only the last three months taken in to account and he said that is the guidelines they have been issued and they will only ever look at the last three months regardless of the enquiry even if it is for loyalty discounts etc. Even though I have made an average of 5.25 calls in the last four months and 8.4 in the last five. Damn 0800 buster!

    He said he will make notes he has refused cancellation and gave me his ext number. Even though it doesn't sound like Sandra made any notes in my history earlier!

    Not sure what to do now. :-(
  • CharlesC
    CharlesC Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 8 August 2009 at 7:50PM
    @CharlesC

    I think you'll find it's a standard letter. I rang up after receiving my letter to check and they agreed that I wouldn't be charged except for the remaining 30 days notice.

    Have you and your friend checked your online billing? I looked at mine a few days ago and I had a huge credit on my balance summary to cover the remaining term.

    Karen.

    Hi Karen, thanks for the response.
    I requested to leave and the PAC and it was agreed but he said if I dont use it nothing changes. There are no comments on my online account to say I have done anything. I put in the request Thursday evening, my friend did it Weds and got his PAC code and letter this am.

    Ive been queueing on the Orange disconnections for 1hr 56mins, thinking of giving up as im fed up of listening to this music. Has anyone else had an excessive hold time?
  • SammyS1987 wrote: »
    Just spoke to Rory @ Orange (29039). He said due to the large amount of customers exploiting the loophole at 4pm yesterday their legal team issued instruction to all advisors that the average over the last three months needs to be five or more. I said is a 300% increase not seen as a excessive increase in charge and he said it was not.

    Asked why it was only the last three months taken in to account and he said that is the guidelines they have been issued and they will only ever look at the last three months regardless of the enquiry even if it is for loyalty discounts etc. Even though I have made an average of 5.25 calls in the last four months and 8.4 in the last five. Damn 0800 buster!

    He said he will make notes he has refused cancellation and gave me his ext number. Even though it doesn't sound like Sandra made any notes in my history earlier!

    Not sure what to do now. :-(

    maybe you should contact ofcom and see where that gets you? in their t&c's, it states nothing about a criteria you have to meet within the last 3 months. I also got told that in my first call but my contract now ends on 3rd september so keep trying. :)
  • DJH2
    DJH2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I rang yesterday (see my previous post) and was told cant cancel because I dont go over the inclusive minutes so changes don't affect me etc......
    Just rang back now spoke to a very helpful young woman who cancelled my contract :j as I rang a couple of 08 numbers in the last couple of months.

    Keep trying as first person I spoke to was rude and just kept saying no, it really is pot luck who you get on the phone
  • SammyS1987 wrote: »
    Just spoke to Rory @ Orange (29039). He said due to the large amount of customers exploiting the loophole at 4pm yesterday their legal team issued instruction to all advisors that the average over the last three months needs to be five or more. I said is a 300% increase not seen as a excessive increase in charge and he said it was not.

    Asked why it was only the last three months taken in to account and he said that is the guidelines they have been issued and they will only ever look at the last three months regardless of the enquiry even if it is for loyalty discounts etc. Even though I have made an average of 5.25 calls in the last four months and 8.4 in the last five. Damn 0800 buster!

    He said he will make notes he has refused cancellation and gave me his ext number. Even though it doesn't sound like Sandra made any notes in my history earlier!

    Not sure what to do now. :-(


    Keep trying it depends who u get on the phone.
  • SammyS1987
    SammyS1987 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    maybe you should contact ofcom and see where that gets you? in their t&c's, it states nothing about a criteria you have to meet within the last 3 months. I also got told that in my first call but my contract now ends on 3rd september so keep trying. :)

    Think I'll give it another try tomorrow and if no luck I will call OFCOM Monday morning.

    I worked out my average per month for the last few months:

    Last three months 3.6
    Last four 5.25
    last five 8.4
    Last six 10
    Since the start of this year 9.29.

    Not sure how they can say it is fair to base it on the last three months. Especially when a lot of people will of been on holiday at some point for at least two weeks in the last month or so.

    On a side note, I would just like to say that both agents at Orange have been pretty polite but in fairness I have been polite to them. Also que times atm seem to be about 15 mins which I would say isn't too long considering the amount of calls they are probably getting!
  • WelshBluebird
    WelshBluebird Posts: 388 Forumite
    edited 8 August 2009 at 8:27PM
    Still haven't phoned yet as I haven't had chance. Am really annoyed I haven't now.
    Going to have fun on the phone tomorrow.

    Though saying that, I'm only in my second month now, so I don't see how they can base my usage off one bill. Especially as I'm going back to uni in october, so my usage will increase by quite a bit (as since I've been home since June, I've been able to use my parent's house phone).

    edit - is the data cost being increased then? I get 500MB with my contract, but in the only bill i have got so far, I went over it by quite a bit. Would that be enough for them to let me cancel?
  • drbesty wrote: »
    Wow you're clearly disgusted by the increase in charges then........oh wait no you're just being greedy

    These charges only affect you if you go over your inclusive minutes, no? So what if this person got out a new Orange contract with significantly more minutes, meaning the charges wouldn't affect them?

    Thats not being greedy - thats just common sense. They'd get a new phone for free, probably a better deal and possibly a free gift.

    Greedy, no. Clever, yes.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.