We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
I'd just like to say thanks for bringing this thread to my attention! I saw this thread by chance and thought i'd give it a go!
I've been with Orange 10/11 months. Never had a single bill within my Dolphin 30 tariff. Usually £35-40, with max being £70 (none of additional cost in last 3 months have been on calls, mainly mobile internet) Spoke to an adviser after calling 150 from my orange handset. He told me he needed to check my account then kept me on hold for a few minutes, then confimed i could cancel. I thought about requesting a PAC code, however, i was told i could be liable for up the next 30 days of the contract (thought about it but i'm not that fussed on keeping it so didn't bother)
My advice is if you're thinking of cancelling it's definately worth a try, just think, you're not even paying for the phone call! Surely that's worth a try? Even if you're not wanting to leave, ask them for a better deal?
The worse that can happen is that you're in the same position u started in!
Now where is that o2 cashback deal thread.....? ; )
Good luck and thanks fellow MSEs! =D0 -
Ok, my experience. It is all to do with the person on the other end of the line. If there person on the end of the line is an !!!!!!! and is refusing to listen to you, thank him for his time and hang up and call again until you get someone better, it is NOT worth arguing with someone who is not going to budge an inch. Don't be disheartened. I had to call twice.
The second person checked my account, saw that I used premium numbers and agreed to let me go with no fuss. Bring up the premium number issue if they are not receptive to the exhausting your minutes argument (this will work even better if you actually have premium numbers on your record).
The boat has not left! You can still get out, just don't give up, be polite, plan what you are going to say before you call, and be confident.
Good luck all!0 -
In case anybody read my long post above. Please see the update.0
-
Would that it were true - after another call they are sticking with the "you have to have used 08xx numbers in every one of the last 3 bill cycles that add more than 2.5% to your bill", and Orange now say because I've called 150 and asked to cancel without success, my account is flagged so every time I call I'll be told the same thing. The guy even said not to bother calling back as I'll be wasting their time. Sheesh! Mentioned the Ofcom 9.3 guideline and they said it doesn't apply as I'm going to be agreeing to the new terms "automatically" before the new charges kick in.
"Automatically?"
"Yes, we've notified you so you've accepted the changes"
I asked "what if I don't accept them?" and the guy said I had - that somehow (and I can't find where) the contract allows Orange to force people to accept any changes they want to impose, and there's no concept of "not" agreeing to them. If you get the text, you've accepted the prices, end of story.
Went a little ballistic at this point, but the guy insisted he was reading off a screen and Orange was allowed to do this, and the thing in Ofcom's rules about allowing the customer to cancel was "wrong". Guess I'm on the phone to Ofcom on Monday, but I'm not a happy bunny!
FYI I apparently called enough 08x's during June/July, but because I didn't call any in May I have no chance of cancelling. I asked if I rang back when the August bill came would that make a difference, but he said they're only looking at May-July (before the texts started).Vespesianus wrote: »The boat has not left! You can still get out, just don't give up, be polite, plan what you are going to say before you call, and be confident.
Good luck all!0 -
i cancelled with orange on thurs n signed up with orange on the same deal yesterday......no problemsHi,
called orange firstly about an hour ago, no luck, put me on hold for 7/8 mins to look at my monthly usage and to see if i was eligible to disconnect, came back said i was not able to cancel because i hadnt gone over on my mins and that it wouldnt affect me.
called back 10 mins later got through to a woman who went and checked my account said i had gone over but the changes wouldnt really affect me i asked if i could disconnect she did it
I read some of the posts on here and people were saying they were told they had cancelled the contract but nothing had happened and was worried they had just fobbed me off. called back to ask for pac code and confirmation will be disconnected monday 10th
Thing is ive seen an amazing contract with orange where you get 310 cashback etc
WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE IF I COULD GO BACK WITH ORANGE???
Thanx, Emma0 -
Would that it were true - after another call they are sticking with the "you have to have used 08xx numbers in every one of the last 3 bill cycles that add more than 2.5% to your bill", and Orange now say because I've called 150 and asked to cancel without success, my account is flagged so every time I call I'll be told the same thing. The guy even said not to bother calling back as I'll be wasting their time. Sheesh! Mentioned the Ofcom 9.3 guideline and they said it doesn't apply as I'm going to be agreeing to the new terms "automatically" before the new charges kick in.
"Automatically?"
"Yes, we've notified you so you've accepted the changes"
I asked "what if I don't accept them?" and the guy said I had - that somehow (and I can't find where) the contract allows Orange to force people to accept any changes they want to impose, and there's no concept of "not" agreeing to them. If you get the text, you've accepted the prices, end of story.
Went a little ballistic at this point, but the guy insisted he was reading off a screen and Orange was allowed to do this, and the thing in Ofcom's rules about allowing the customer to cancel was "wrong". Guess I'm on the phone to Ofcom on Monday, but I'm not a happy bunny!
FYI I apparently called enough 08x's during June/July, but because I didn't call any in May I have no chance of cancelling. I asked if I rang back when the August bill came would that make a difference, but he said they're only looking at May-July (before the texts started).
That's absolute rubbish, you just got a bad person on the other end. My person looked at my records, even acknowledged that I had made no premium number calls in July, but saw that I had made premium number calls back in June and used this as basis for freeing me. I have no idea what your guy was talking about with the 2.5% thing for the last 3 bill cycles. My advice is to call again, keep calling until you get someone better. It seems as if some customer service people will not let you go no matter what and others are willing to let you go. I wouldn't read too much into the whole flagging thing, many people have had to call multiple times.0 -
Decided to contact Orange today as I have terrible signal problems at home.
Have made 2 calls to orange today, first time a no go as I hadn't gone over my minutes told me to get a solicitor or contact ofcom, ok I thought I'd do a bit more research and then the second time was told ok no problem as you have been making 08-- numbers in less than 5 minutes I'd got my PAK code.
Definately a lottery on which customer service rep you get, remember to stay calm but be firm and polite.
This is the sheet I prepared after my unsuccessful first call:
You’re told the changes won’t effect you because you don’t currently exceed your monthly allowance of minutes.
It doesn’t matter whether you currently exceed your allowance or not, because the contract you agreed with Orange doesn’t consider changes causing material detriment to you
Tell the operator that while you may not currently exceed your allowance, it’s your right to do so, and that this is clearly stated in your Orange contract.
4.3 You may also terminate your Contract if we vary its terms, resulting in an excessive increase in the Charges or changes that alter your rights under this Contract to your detriment.
In other words, it is your right to go over your allowance of minutes without paying more than you previously agreed to, but Orange have agreed they cannot make changes that affect your rights without your agreement.
Ofcom state, we could also ask to be released without penalty from your contract under General Condition 9.3 as it has a material detriment to me as the consumer.
9.3 Where the Communications Provider intends to modify a condition in a contract with a Consumer which is likely to be of material detriment to the Consumer, the Communications Provider shall:
(a) provide the Consumer with at least one month's notice of its intention detailing the proposed modification; and
(b) inform the Consumer of the ability to terminate the contract without penalty if the proposed modification is not acceptable to the Consumer
Hope this helps someone.
~Q~0 -
I'd like to know how many customers Orange have lost in the last 3 days lol0
-
I've just tried to ring them too.
Used 150>3 and spoke to a Customer Service advisor and I asked her to put me through to Cancellations. She then asked why I wanted to cancel and I explained why. She checked and said I hadn't received a text yet and I said I had while I was at work on Thursday. She said ok, I'll try to put you through. However, she kept coming back saying it was engaged and there was a hefty queue and asked me if she could have my number and ring me back when they were available.
Now, I wonder how long that will be and if they will?? lol
I'll try again in half an hour if they haven't rung me.
Sal
x0 -
Ive just cancelled my 2nd contract, no questions asked, PAC code on its way, I think it must be a lottery on who you get at the other end.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards