We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…9899101103104…235

Comments

  • Totality
    Totality Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    DJH2 wrote: »
    I've just rang and the woman I spoke to said as I do not go over my inclusive minutes (600 a month) the new charges do not affect me and I can't cancel.
    I pointed out that if I was to go over the 600 minutes in the future that the new charges would affect me but she said as I was now aware of the new charges I could not cancel.

    Will ring back tomorrow and try again, quoting section 4 of the contract and see if I have any better luck.

    Call back. I go nowhere near my minutes. I said while that's the case the past couple of months it doesn't mean it will always be like that.

    Right away I was told I could cancel and was given incentive to stay.

    Your current/past use has no bearing on things. You're entitled to cancel.
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,980
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Totality wrote: »
    Call back. I go nowhere near my minutes. I said while that's the case the past couple of months it doesn't mean it will always be like that.

    Right away I was told I could cancel and was given incentive to stay.

    Your current/past use has no bearing on things. You're entitled to cancel.

    As stated above, not any more. The briefing will have hit every team that takes these calls now. If you don't go over your minutes now, you'll be notified as a "guide", so if you intend to go over your allowance in future you can move to a more suitable plan. It will not give you the right to cancel. It's been approved by their legal department so they've obviously checked it's OK.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • Totality
    Totality Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    simax wrote: »
    As stated above, not any more. The briefing will have hit every team that takes these calls now. If you don't go over your minutes now, you'll be notified as a "guide", so if you intend to go over your allowance in future you can move to a more suitable plan. It will not give you the right to cancel. It's been approved by their legal department so they've obviously checked it's OK.

    I didn't read that, sorry. I only called in yesterday. A friend of mine is pretty high up in the company and as of last night he hadn't been told about the new changes.

    Guess I just got in there!
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,980
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Totality wrote: »
    I didn't read that, sorry. I only called in yesterday. A friend of mine is pretty high up in the company and as of last night he hadn't been told about the new changes.

    Guess I just got in there!

    Seems like you did ;)
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • northerngeezer
    northerngeezer Posts: 1,048
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Damn, just got of the phone and no luck.

    The lady said I hadn't used any 0870 numbers in the past 2 months and even if I wanted to take it further I could but that their legal team had checked the contracts.
  • John_G66 wrote: »
    Phoned today but was told that because I only took out the contract on July 20th the new charges were already included. I have been using 2 months free data on a daily basis, are data charges going up? I may be able to use this as an angle, unless the charges for data were already included ?
    Thing is I’m happy with Orange but just need an extra 200mins.

    Could really do with some input here from someone who really knows their stuff regarding T&C's, is there anything that has changed T&C wise that those people who took out a contract in July could use as a bargaining tool ?

    That changes were not included on contracts taken on the 20th July if you bought off of the orange web site. I bought a contract after this and the new charges are not included. When I tried to cancel the guy said that my minimum call charge would remain at 4.9p after 16th September.
  • Daddy
    Daddy Posts: 27 Forumite
    I just called and was told I couldn't cancel as I hadn't made any 08* numbers within the last 3 months. They say 3 months is a fair assesment. Unfortunately I have made 08* calls but over 3 months ago.

    Is it worth calling back?
  • Ewaf
    Ewaf Posts: 174 Forumite
    Hello, i could do with a hand here!

    Im currently with orange on dolphin 35, but my bill is somehow coming around at 47quid, im also having trouble with my handset (samsung tocco). After reading how all of you have been getting incredible deals and new handsets in some cases i thought i would give them a ring. First guy wouldn't budge about the T&C stuff, so rang back, and the just cancelled my contract instantly, within 2 minutes! I didnt really want this! They didnt offer me any deals or anything! They have sent my pac code out. So i rang back a little while later and explained that i had found out i dont get signal on any other tariff at my house, and they said i had already cancelled my contract, and if i went back onto it i would be accepting the new T&C's. Im gonna ring again in abit but i dont really know what to do. I would like to stay with orange ideally, and was aiming to get money taken off my bill and wishing them to send me a new handset.
    I REALLY want the HTC hero which i believe is availible on orange, vodaphone and t-mobile, i could just use the PAC code and get a contract on another tariff for the HTC hero, but will i lose my number?

    Any advice greatly appreciated!

    Many Thanks

    Ewaf
  • cazarol
    cazarol Posts: 789
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    whoa, I am so pleased with myself. Have just rang to cancel mine and my daughters and have got them both reduced to £10 a month both are unlimited texts and I have 100 mins a month and she has 200 mins. I know some folk would say thats not good enough, but I am over the moon !! Thank you to all the original posters for prompting me
  • flateric81
    flateric81 Posts: 89 Forumite
    rubbish, if they say you can only cancel if you've been using 08 numbers, its complete rubbish. you may wish to start using them, in which case it will cost you more.
    you may intend to use mobile internet or call overseas...
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.