We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…99100102104105…235

Comments

  • Have just tried again and spoke to someone else but again told can't cancel because I am not eligible.

    He also said that every representative had been briefed this morning about who can and cannot cancel.

    Cursing myself for not reading this thread several days ago.
  • Tried to cancel yesterday, no joy 3 times.

    This is so stupid, how can they suddenly stop cancelling, surely they have set the legal precident by allowing people to cancel who havnt gone over the minutes, or used 08.. numbers. It is clear in black and white they have broken the terms of their contract but the operators are now having none of it, they cannot predict my future usage and say that the previous 3 months are a fair reflection of the entire contract term?!

    I hate orange and have had so many problems with them so really want a cancellation rather than a deal. What routes are people taking now? Try Ofcom? Written letter?
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,980
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 8 August 2009 at 10:14AM
    AgentGibbs wrote: »
    Tried to cancel yesterday, no joy 3 times.

    This is so stupid, how can they suddenly stop cancelling, surely they have set the legal precident by allowing people to cancel who havnt gone over the minutes, or used 08.. numbers. It is clear in black and white they have broken the terms of their contract but the operators are now having none of it, they cannot predict my future usage and say that the previous 3 months are a fair reflection of the entire contract term?!

    I hate orange and have had so many problems with them so really want a cancellation rather than a deal. What routes are people taking now? Try Ofcom? Written letter?

    In response to flateric81, calling international numbers is an additional service, so you cannot cancel in that respect.

    AgentGibbs, if you are not eligibale to cancel, you'll need to buy out of your contract. OFCOM won't intervene. In terms of future usage, it's obviously been clarified that it does not affect you as you'll have plenty of notice to move to a higher plan if you intend to go over your minutes.

    You'll probably find that people who have tried and failed to cancel (due to non-eligibility) have had their accounts notepadded to state that they cannot cancel.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,980
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    flateric81 wrote: »
    rubbish, if they say you can only cancel if you've been using 08 numbers, its complete rubbish. you may wish to start using them, in which case it will cost you more.
    you may intend to use mobile internet or call overseas...

    You'll proabably find anyone who has been told that has had their account notepadded to stop people deliberately causing the trigger.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • Yeah I've got the notepad alright! You think there is any mileage in the fact they have cancelled others in exactly the same situation to me? Like in the law environment, setting precidents for future cases?
  • Ewaf
    Ewaf Posts: 174 Forumite
    Following my previous post, i rang them back and got through to a really nice lady. The best they could offer me though on my dolphin 35 was unlimited internet, which is pretty pants, they are tightening up on this kinda stuff it seems.


    The first guy i rang wouldnt budge, so i hung up. I goggled an 0870 number literally minutes after, and tried again. I said to the guy I wanted to cancel my contract due to T&C's hoping he would offer me some snazzy deals but he literally just cancelled my contract straight away and sent me my PAK code and that was that! So I rang back again and thats when i got through to the nice lady that couldnt offer me much, so decided to just ditch orange.

    Just keep ringing and ringing till you get to a nice person, its a lottery.

    Hope it helps
  • Ewaf wrote: »
    Following my previous post, i rang them back and got through to a really nice lady. The best they could offer me though on my dolphin 35 was unlimited internet, which is pretty pants, they are tightening up on this kinda stuff it seems.


    The first guy i rang wouldnt budge, so i hung up. I goggled an 0870 number literally minutes after, and tried again. I said to the guy I wanted to cancel my contract due to T&C's hoping he would offer me some snazzy deals but he literally just cancelled my contract straight away and sent me my PAK code and that was that! So I rang back again and thats when i got through to the nice lady that couldnt offer me much, so decided to just ditch orange.

    Just keep ringing and ringing till you get to a nice person, its a lottery.

    Hope it helps

    2 questions,
    1. Did you exceed your minutes/ ring 0870 number before you made the call to Orange?
    2. Did you just ring an 0870 number just now and then they changed their mind as to whether you could cancel?
  • Ive had the same Ewaf. The contracts for 35 a month but she always goes over, told she could cancel and pac code sent out but they couldnt offer anything but will phone back on the 25th when shes only got 3 months left.

    Ive phoned back twice and got one woman who just hung up on me when i explained the situation, second time i was told nothing they could do and just wait for upgrade so ithink im gunna go and get a new phone somewere else. There loss not mine.

    I do wonder though how many people are going to come to upgrade time and be told theyve agreed a new 24mmnth contract and how many people they now wont cancel that theyve told they will!
  • just called orange.

    guy cancelled my contract straight away. i then asked for my pac code and he said i couldnt have it as orange own it. I then said im legally intitled to it and wanted to speak to a manager. he came back and said i will send it to you its in the post, my contract will run tho until i give my pac code to another operator?

    Have I been fobbed off???
  • Ewaf
    Ewaf Posts: 174 Forumite
    AgentGibbs wrote: »
    2 questions,
    1. Did you exceed your minutes/ ring 0870 number before you made the call to Orange?
    2. Did you just ring an 0870 number just now and then they changed their mind as to whether you could cancel?

    No, i never really came close to exceeding my minutes. The first time I rang the guy said i hadnt exceeded minutes and i hadnt rang 0870 numbers and such. I then rang an 0870 number and rang again, thats when the guy cancelled it in literally 2 minutes. Then when i rang tryin to get a deal, the woman said that I used 0870 numbers in the last 3 months and thats why they cancelled.

    So now im gonna get a HTC hero but can't decide between t-mobile or vodaphone!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.