Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Do Something Amazing- Give Blood

Options

Comments

• glitch_101
    glitch_101 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Do they weight you? How much do you have to weigh in kilos?
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    glitch_101 wrote: »
    Do they weight you? How much do you have to weigh in kilos?

Most people can give blood. If you are generally in good heath, age 17 to 65 (if it's your first time) and weigh at least 7st 12Ib you can donate. You can give blood every 16 weeks, that's approximately every four months.

7st 10lb is 110lb and is 49.8951 kg

If thereare any concerns they will weigh you before they will allow you to donate.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • glitch_101
    Options
    Rikki wrote: »
    7st 10lb is 110lb and is 49.8951 kg

If thereare any concerns they will weigh you before they will allow you to donate.

:T Yay, I might just make the cut :D
  • Badsaver
    Badsaver Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    I would love to!! I got myself all geared up for it got there and they said I couldnt do it because i had a blood transfusion when I had my son :( As soon as they discover a test for CJD (thats why I couldnt do it - there is a risk involved with transfusions) I will be there!!
  • Melissa22_2
    Options
    I'm not allowed as I had a transfusion when I was a baby..it's not fair- there's nothing wrong with my blood!
  • jefflightfoot
    Options
    the trouble i have is that i practically pass out at a mere blood test. its the thought of losing blood. how could i cope with losing a pint?
  • glitch_101
    Options
    the trouble i have is that i practically pass out at a mere blood test. its the thought of losing blood. how could i cope with losing a pint?

Eat a full meal before you go + take an energy drink with you. Take slow deep breaths and think calm happy thoughts! :D
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    Eat a full meal before you go + take an energy drink with you. Take slow deep breaths and think calm happy thoughts! :D

Good advice, but save some room for the yummy biscuits afterwards. :drool:
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • marshall2k
    marshall2k Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    Rikki wrote: »
    You are still not allowed to give blood if you have ever received blood regardless of when. Sorry. :(

This isn't strictly true. If it was before 1st January 1980 it is allowed.

Source
    Do Something Amazing - Give Blood

• Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I second this. I had a blood test done 4 years and passed out - partly due to low weight and not eating enough beforehand.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family