Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Do Something Amazing- Give Blood

Options

Comments

• Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    Had my letter. Off to donate another pint next week. :)
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • wallbash
    wallbash Posts: 17,775 Forumite
    Options
    Done a quick check /search on this thread and it has been raised but not fully answered.

Travel to Antalya/ Side in Turkey , be careful of your donation dates.
    Area is in a NHS designated Malaria zone . So donate before you go , and answer D1 with honesty.
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I keep trying to give blood when they come in to my place of work. They keep telling me my weight is too low, only time it went high enough to donate was when I was pregnant.

I feel bad but unfortunately theres not a lot I can do about my weight, I have been trying to gain it for years! My OH gives reguarly though.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I could do with some help please:
    According to the form I was sent in the post, 9the one they ask you to fill in with loads of medical questions) I am banned from giving blood for the next year - fair enough. No complaints from me about it.

What's the easiest way to inform them that I am now banned from giving blood, so they don't send any more reminders?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Rikki
    Options
    sh1305 wrote: »
    I could do with some help please:
    According to the form I was sent in the post, 9the one they ask you to fill in with loads of medical questions) I am banned from giving blood for the next year - fair enough. No complaints from me about it.

What's the easiest way to inform them that I am now banned from giving blood, so they don't send any more reminders?

Just give them a call. 0300 123 23 23 They are all very helpful and should have all your detail available to them.

I'm giving another pint tomorrow. :j
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've just donated my first pint:j:j
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My sister donated on Monday. I can't until January / February next year and I'm sure I'm in between for the weight requirement. (my weight is just going up and down atm)
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    I made my first donation last night :) I thought they might say no as there were a couple of questions on the form I had to double check (I have problems with my feet and am hopefully awaiting an operation) so a nurse had to sign a couple of things off. Then they queried my weight as thought I looked thin!

Anyway, all done and didn't hurt a bit. Infact taking the plater off this morning hurt more :p I have got a bit of a bruise around the area, so not sure if a bit of skin was pinched, but it doesn't hurt so will just wait for it to go.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Rikki
    Options
    freakyogre wrote: »
    I made my first donation last night :) I thought they might say no as there were a couple of questions on the form I had to double check (I have problems with my feet and am hopefully awaiting an operation) so a nurse had to sign a couple of things off. Then they queried my weight as thought I looked thin!

Anyway, all done and didn't hurt a bit. Infact taking the plater off this morning hurt more :p I have got a bit of a bruise around the area, so not sure if a bit of skin was pinched, but it doesn't hurt so will just wait for it to go.

Well done. :T:T:T

I have been giving blood for years and sometimes you might get a bruise and other times not. Don't let it put you off. Wear your bruise as a badge of pride. :cool:

NPFM 21
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2010 at 5:30PM
    Options
    Rikki wrote: »
    Well done. :T:T:T

I have been giving blood for years and sometimes you might get a bruise and other times not. Don't let it put you off. Wear your bruise as a badge of pride. :cool:

It won't put me off at all, it's actually nearly gone now as I seem to heal really quickly (oddly quickly at times!!)

How long does it usually take before they let you know if it was all ok etc? I forgot to ask when I was there. I take it they'll let me know when they're next in the area as well?
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport