Massive debts

Options

Comments

• gargrave50
    gargrave50 Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Glasgowkiss,

Glad you got some inspiration - I'll need to have a look for your thread! The site is addictive and the results of the spending diary are no surprise - I'm spending loads of money on cr*p. Time to stop the rot. The site is great, and once you get a plan in place you will feel so much more in control! :)
    LBM 30/6/9 Unsecured debts [STRIKE]£25,323.48[/STRIKE] £0 :T Debt free
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • gargrave50
    Options
    Morning all, Another £10.45 transferred to F&F pot today. I continue to feel very in control today, however the postman hasn't yet been ..........:rolleyes:

Very annoyed with OH - yes he is on a week's holiday, but he got a call for a homer last night and turned it down flat because he didn't have any tools at home. His Dad and two of his friends are electricians also, and he could have borrowed the tools he would have needed. He said its his holiday, and he's going to get all the overtime going over the next few weeks.

That may well be fair enough, but we are NOT in a position to be refusing work:mad:.

Rant over, back to feeling in control and looking forward to what the postman will bring......
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • gargrave50
    Options
    £1 for DS club, he is going to a friends house this afternoon so, peace perfect peace and best of all FREE!!!
  • gargrave50
    Options
    Hi All, A small success to report with Next :j(after me b*tching abut them yesterday). Today I received a letter accepting my reduced payments for 6 months at which stage they would arrange a review. They also agree to freeze interest as long as I make the 6 payments on the timescale I stated.:T

All I did was send my budget and the letter proposing reduced payments. I received a statement stating I was in arrears and asking me to contact them - followed by the letter today. In between I received one phone call from them at home - OH told them I wasn't in:rolleyes:. I sent a letter requesting correspondence only in writing and have had no further calls.

I am aiming to save enough for a F&F settlement offer when the 6 month review comes. Its the small victories ..................:rotfl::rotfl:
  • gargrave50
    Options
    Just about to write a slightly grovelling letter as my letter from yesterday ("haven't you read my freeking letter" letter) will have crossed in the post with their nice "Hi Mrs G, we are happy to accept your poxy reduced payments and will not add anymore nasty interest for 6 months" letter. Oops
  • gargrave50
    Options
    Well, I have jumped on the CCA bandwagon. Send requests to Next, my 2 Shop Direct accounts and OH Barclaycard. I am NOT trying to get out of paying these - however if by any chance any of them don't have a CCA, I thought this might increase my negotiation powers when arranging F&F? I have dividend vouchers to spend in Co-op - may well invest in a bottle of "cut price" wine to toast my latest wise idea (rather prematurely I might add).
  • gargrave50
    Options
    6 Doo yoo reviews today. Tried to list a few items on Ebay only to discover my camera battery is dead and needs charged :(. Will need to wait until tomorrow.
  • gargrave50
    Options
    Morning all, aiming for a NSD. OH is resealing our shower (we bought the stuff yesterday) and we might start painting DS room. We have everything we need, OH is on about buying newspapers, but I have a cunning plan - we have glass bottles lying around the house which you get refunded 30p for. Should cover the newspapers!
  • gargrave50
    Options
    Plan dashed already - just realised I have 4 letters to post recorded delivery. CCA requests. Might leave these until Monday so I don't ruin my NSD.:)
  • gargrave50
    Options
    NSD well and truly ruined. Couldn't find the paintbrushes etc and had to go to B&Q. Then our neighbour phoned and asked us to hand in a fish supper to her brother with down syndrome. There is always tomorrow ...............

Finally have enough Doo Yoo points for a £20 Amazon voucher - more towards Xmas at least.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure