Massive debts

Options

Comments

• gargrave50
    gargrave50 Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    Just found out about dooyoo (told you I had my head in the sand before LBM), so have registered and will spend some swine flu isolation time making some dosh.
    LBM 30/6/9 Unsecured debts [STRIKE]£25,323.48[/STRIKE] £0 :T Debt free
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • gargrave50
    Options
    Hey all, just completed 20 dooyoo reviews. Aiming for 100 by next week. By my calculations (which haven't been my strongest point and hence how I got here!), that should give me £50. Depending on how skint I am I may opt for cash or opt for £50 Amazon vouchers towards Christmas.
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • gargrave50
    Options
    Do we think a large white wine would be suitable medication for swine flu? I must be on the mend cos I haven't touched the bottle in the fridge since I took ill on Sunday.
  • ladybez
    ladybez Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    As they say.... "A little of what you fancy...." Although 8.00 is probably a bad time to start on the wine!! Sorry to hear you have the "dreaded" swine flu and hope you are on the road to recovery.
  • gargrave50
    Options
    Thanks ladybez, decided to leave the medicine for another night! Feeling much better but still in quarantine according to NHS 24!

Greeted the postman this morning with a lovely black envelope from Next Directory on the top of his pile. I hate Next, they are first on my hitlist for F&F. I wrote to them on 30th June offering reduced payments (paying weekly but equating to £30 month on £1209 balance). They didn't write back (just like Take That!!). Today I receive a statement which 1. doesn't show any of the weekly payments I've made, 2. has a service charge of £22.57 despite my polite letter asking charges and interest to be frozen. They have asked me to contact them urgently by telephone - not on their nelly. I'll be writing a "what the furk?!" letter very politely saying have you not read my freeking letter?!

Checked the bank and there is a mystery payment of £253+, I hate HBOS it only says bank credit until the next day. I don't want to transfer any to my F&F until I find out the giver of this lovely gift!

[EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com?subject=Reporting%20post%20http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=23570363"]report.gif[/EMAIL]
  • gargrave50
    Options
    So far today spent 50p sending DS to his Summer club in the high school on the main road, and 50p tuck shop money. I spend £1 on some brown packaging tape to pack up my Ebay sales. Waiting on OH to come back from golf to go the post office for me - save me infecting the entire community with swine flu ;)
  • dancingfairy
    dancingfairy Posts: 9,069 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear you have swine flu :( Although it sounds like you are making massive progress as well and earning money too (o.k well vouchers).
    Good Luck - I'm sure with your determination you'll have it nailed soon.
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • gargrave50
    Options
    Thanks DF - looking forward to nailing Next Directory. Trying hard and feeling better! :)
  • gargrave50
    Options
    Have written a very nice "have you read my freekin letter and if not its enclosed" letter to Next Directory and a similar one to Choice catalogue who now have Lowells on my tail. My letter to them was slightly different in that "we want to pay you reduced payments but before we can start you need to provide the sort code and account number that I've now asked you for 3 tmes .........:rolleyes:". I'm getting some satisfaction from this and feel surprisingly in control. WOW!:T
  • Glasgowkiss84
    Options
    Hello,

Just stumbled across your diary!

I just posted my SOA....... my god is it scary! I also have a case of 'disappearing' cash lol

You are doing very well, and I have some good tips from you already so thank you!

I think where I am going wrong is the grocery shop and daily spending so I will need to get a speding diary going too!

Good luck

:)
    Sealed pot challenge - 561
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills