Great Cheap but Lovely & Thoughtful Wedding Gift Hunt

Comments

• hesjane
    hesjane Posts: 2,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A lovely gift is a Bride's Knife...which can be bought for about £12 - £15 and then engraved (about £5 - £8) with the bride and groom's names and date of the wedding to make this a very thoughtful and personal gift.
  • kelda_shelton
    kelda_shelton Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    Bride's Knife? is that like some sort of ornemental knife?
  • MRSG2B_2
    MRSG2B_2 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Can't go wrong with a lovely photo album or frames to display all those lovely new photos they're going to have! Boots have some really nice frames too that are usually buy 1 get 1 half price :D
    :j Only 5 years until I'm debt free! :j
    DMP start date: 1st April 2009

DMP mutual support thread member no.304
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    For a first anniversary gift I recently sponsored a moneky for a year, as they are both monkey mad. COuld do for any animal for a wedding.
  • I gave a personalised wooden wedding horseshoe to my husband's cousin. It was so lovely when the children took it to the bride just before all the photos and the wedding couple were so pleased with it.
  • For my sister's wedding I went to a ceramic painting place in York and made her and her husband a mug each painted with their names and the date of the wedding. I think it cost about £7-8 per mug and then another £3-4 to paint them both.
    "A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister
    Married my best friend 1st November 2014
    Loose = the opposite of tight (eg "These trousers feel a little loose")
    Lose = the opposite of find/gain (eg "I'm going to lose weight this year")
  • Rotti
    Rotti Posts: 232 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :hello: One of the most useful gifts I got was from two little old ladies who each put together a cleaning caddy for under the sink and bath. Given the price of cleaning items, it saved a lot of money for us and meant that every time we found we needed something it was there. There was polish and limescale remover, sink unblocker, dusters, window cleaner and all sorts of other good stuff in little carrying boxes to take around the house.
  • hesjane
    hesjane Posts: 2,123 Forumite
    Bride's Knife? is that like some sort of ornemental knife?

It's a large cake knife....they come in varying styles/patterns - but the blade can be engraved and the bride is usually delighted by such a personal gift/keepsake of their wedding day.
  • supermonkey
    supermonkey Posts: 758 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tanaban wrote: »
    For a great experience at your wedding for u and all your guests why not try handling and flying birds of prey let all your freinds and family experience this unmissable experience. Weddingfalconry.com can offer u a true personal service and help make your day even more special. Give Sally a call on 02392631820 to see if her company FALCO can come and make ur heart melt with her birds. Hope u enjoy it as much as I do

an interesting thought and certainly an experience. But I would advise NOT to do this as a surprise gift!
  • Echoing what Toothfairy said, some friends of ours printed off some photos from the wedding while we were on honeymoon and posted them to us, so when we got back (a little bit downhearted that it was all over), we had some photos to look through immediately. It was a lovely thought and I'll definitely be doing the same for friends in the future as it really does make a difference on that first day back.

Also, some friends of ours that live close by offered to have a key while we were away and check for post etc. When we got back they'd bought bread and milk, various vegetables and other things which meant we could have a cup of tea and put off the supermarket trip until later in the week! Another really lovely thought that makes the first day back more bearable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure