We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Just Dial Saver users moved to Talk Talk

Options

Comments

• Aiadi
    Aiadi Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everybody, How can one cancel the Just-Dial saver account without switching over to Primus. It says in the email they sent me to contact Just-Dial but I can't find a contact number. Is an email asking for cancellation enough. I've written that I'll be cancelling my DD on 01/05/06. Any idea?
    Do I want it? ......Do I need it? ......What would happen if I don't buy it??????
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Aiadi wrote:
    Hi everybody, How can one cancel the Just-Dial saver account without switching over to Primus. It says in the email they sent me to contact Just-Dial but I can't find a contact number. Is an email asking for cancellation enough. I've written that I'll be cancelling my DD on 01/05/06. Any idea?
    What about calling 0800 800 150 ("Hello BT, I'd like to come back")?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Aiadi
    Aiadi Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz wrote:
    What about calling 0800 800 150 ("Hello BT, I'd like to come back")?
    Will that be sufficient Heinz? I thought I would have been stuck with Just-Dial for a whole year if it wasn't for the change in there T&T. May be I am confusing things though. If I am to get on the phone to BT then will I need to have anything to do with Just-dial or TalkTalk? Thanks for your help.
    Do I want it? ......Do I need it? ......What would happen if I don't buy it??????
  • Heinz
    Options
    Aiadi wrote:
    Will that be sufficient Heinz? I thought I would have been stuck with Just-Dial for a whole year if it wasn't for the change in there T&T. May be I am confusing things though. If I am to get on the phone to BT then will I need to have anything to do with Just-dial or TalkTalk? Thanks for your help.
    I'm assuming you just signed up with JD for CPS (i.e. left your line rental with BT).

If so, you can change whenever you like AFAIAA.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    Question No 15 on the JDS Faq page. http://www.just-dial.com/pages/faqs_saver.asp

"Do I have to sign up for 12 months?
    No, there is no minimum period of commitment. But please allow at least 14 working days if you wish to move to a new telephone company. "
  • Geoffrey_Coan
    Options
    tstodart wrote:
    You can also try USwitch to sign up to Primas via Quidco - for a potential cashback of £8.
    I received the email from Justdial as well and initially thought that 99p a month wasn't worth worrying about. Then the moneysavings sense took over, I found this article, and last night I initiated the transfer to Primus using the Quidco link to uswitch.

The £8 credit's already showing as "tracked" in my quidco account - unlike the Tesco purchases I made earlier in the year that have gone into a black hole :confused:

Pity I didn't use the quidco link when I switched electricity supplier a month or so ago after Basic Power went under.

Thanks for the tip though
    I'd be happier on holiday in Brittany than being at work !
  • babsx
    babsx Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Just switched via Quidco, hope to see the £8 cashback. Now waiting for confirmation e-mail.
  • csj_2
    csj_2 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with Primus / 1899 etc. etc using an Orchid dialler programmed with the Heinz configuration.

Although I can log in to my Primus account, when I then click on the ebilling button, after a delay, I get the response that the site can not be connected and so I am unable to check my Primus bills. Has anybody else had this problem I've e-mailed Primus and am still waiting for an answer. I can obviously see the total that gets taken from my bank account but am unable to check precise call details.
  • csj_2
    csj_2 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    I'm using an Orchid dialler programmed with the Heinz program. I noticed today (Saturday) that when I called a 01 number I got the typical 1899 / 18186 response of "zero pence per minute". Surely, if the Heinz program is working, the 01 call should be diverted to Primus CPS and be free (evenings /)weekends) without even a 5p connection (which I assume is what the "zero pence per minute" indicates).

How can I check that my dialler is working correctly.
  • Heinz
    Options
    csj wrote: »
    How can I check that my dialler is working correctly.
    The only way is to make a UK 01/02 call a few minutes before 6pm on a weekday (and hear 18185's "zero pence per minute" tariff announcement) and make the same call a few minutes after 6pm and listen for the absence of the tariff announcement (indicating the call is going via Primus).

It sounds to me like your Ochid has dropped its time/day setting - force it to call home (***12#4567890*3) and, when you hang up, watch the light on the V4 flash for between a minute and about two.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport