We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Just Dial Saver users moved to Talk Talk

Options

Comments

• hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They told me I don't have to do that. They will contact Justdial on my behalf.
  • Mikki
    Mikki Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I just switched from Just-Dial to Primus.

The guy I spoke to said they'd contact BT, and when I get the letter confirming switch over date I've to phone Just-Dial to let them know.

Do I HAVE to let Just-Dial know, as I'd rather not subject myself to the TalkTalk sales pitch?! :p
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Mikki wrote:
    Do I HAVE to let Just-Dial know, as I'd rather not subject myself to the TalkTalk sales pitch?! :p
    No, you don't - so don't bother.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    I didnt have to contact anyone. Primus deal with whatever is required.
  • ramcas
    Options
    Just signed up to Primus Saver 2 a few mins ago - absolutely simple, and friendly call centre. Took less than 10 mins, and I was reassured that I will not have to contact Just Dial at all - Primus will do that on my behalf.

Note also that when registering for Primus, you will be asked to provide a password. This is the one that you will use to log in to your account online (along with the account number that they give you). Not sure as yet if a change password feature will be included online. Don't suppose it matters too much - just remember that a human will have seen the password, so probably best not to use a password that you might use for loads of other things you might have registered on.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Welcome to the MSE forums ramcas.

I found the below in Primus's FAQs:
    How can I be sure that e-billing is secure? We have taken a number of measures to ensure that viewing your e-bills is secure and that your billing data is protected. Firstly your online bill is protected by a username and password, which only you know. For your peace of mind, you can change your password online as often as you want. Secondly, elements of the bill specific to you such as user details are encrypted. This means that none of your user details can be viewed by anybody else.

In addition to this your session will time out if there is no activity on your e-bill for 10 minutes. This means that if you walk away from your computer while logged into your e-bill, no one can come and start looking at your personal information. Once the e-bill session has timed out you can’t even use the back button to look at previous pages without entering you password.

If someone else tries to login as you, the account will be deactivated after 3 failed login attempts, the account can only then be reactivated by contacting customer services.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • skintnortherner
    Options
    Just switched from Just Dial to Primus. Took about 5 mins, very painless and extremely helpful. Said I don't have to notify Just Dial but they would recommend I do notify them that I wish to cancel to make sure this happens
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    Did any one notice in the TT letter posted in the Original Post that they are only offering you for 99p ( 01/02 local calls.)

"# Unlimited** evening and weekend calls to UK local landline numbers (starting 01 and 02)"

If they mean local calls to your own exchange and surrounding exchanges the deal is even worse.
  • Martin100
    Martin100 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Time to change for me as well. Must do it this afternoon. Thanks all for the advice.

Martin
  • markdavey
    markdavey Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    Changed to Primus (activation date 31/3/2006) still received email from TalkTalk this morning. Have emailed them and advised them in a polite but strong way that I wish my account to be ceased immediately and that my DD will be cancelled as soon as the final bill is paid.

Have a feeling they will mess up and still try and charge me 99p a month when I am CPS'd to Primus!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport