We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Just Dial Saver users moved to Talk Talk

Options

Comments

• Capyboppy
    Capyboppy Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Since posting, I have just had another e-mail confirming the package and that I will get another one in due course with the start date. So it seems I was a little hasty :cool:
  • Pottymouth_2
    Options
    Hi - Just signed up - i was with one-tel.

I was told I should wait for a letter from BT telling me when the switchover date was and then call one-tel and tell them i want them to relinquish the phone line to Primus on this date.

Legally, they do not have to do this if Primus ask them to relinquish the line on our behalf - legal, but unethical.

I was told all of this on the phone with Melanie - delightful woman!

Potty.
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    Pottymouth wrote:
    I was told I should wait for a letter from BT telling me when the switchover date was and then call one-tel and tell them i want them to relinquish the phone line to Primus on this date. Legally, they do not have to do this if Primus ask them to relinquish the line on our behalf - legal, but unethical.
    I dont follow you!

If you have your linerental with OneTel then Primus wont be able to ask OneTel to transfer your calls to them (Primus) because your linerental has to be with BT at the time. This is why you now have to wait at least 2 weeks to transfer linerental and calls to BT and then another 2 weeks to transfer your calls to Primus.

I'm afraid you cant ask Primus to transfer your calls to them until such time as your linerental is with BT. This is mainly because BTs system can only handle one transfer process at a time and doesn't have a queue system in operation.

The best you can do is a day or two before BT take control of your linerental and calls, is to call Primus and start the ball rolling with them. The plan is by the time Primus contact BT and ask for permission to transfer your calls to them, you should actually be a BT linerental customer.

All this is likely to be around 4 weeks approx though.

Don't believe everything they say because I know a friend that asked Euphony to CPS there calls to them and the c/s representative said it would only take a few days. This is wrong because unfortunately takes about 2 weeks (could be little longer) for any transfer of calls and/or linerental from one provider to another (including to/from BT themselves).
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Pottymouth wrote:
    Hi - Just signed up - i was with one-tel.

I was told I should wait for a letter from BT telling me when the switchover date was and then call one-tel and tell them i want them to relinquish the phone line to Primus on this date.

Legally, they do not have to do this if Primus ask them to relinquish the line on our behalf - legal, but unethical.
    Primus don't do line rental. You cannot 'relinquish the phone line to Primus' as you put it.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Capyboppy
    Capyboppy Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think pottymouth probably means he/she was using onetel for calls, and not line rental. he/she probably has BT already for line rental. Just because Onetel offer the line rental service doesn't mean people use both - line rental and calls, some will have both, and others calls only.
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    Pottymouth had to be using BT for his line rental,because JDS did not offer line rental,and the only line rental supplier that allows you to cps your calls with someone else is BT.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    With Primus saver, you can still use 1899 can't you?
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Of course you can! I use 1899 for my daytime calls and Primus for evening and weekend calls.
  • gerryfitz
    gerryfitz Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone rang Just Dial and told them they have moved CPS yet?

I'm interested to know if they start 'takin' the water in' as they say in these parts.

I changed today so I'll no doubt find out soon enough.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I just called Primus and signed up. They said that I would have to contact Onetel to tell them I would be changing cps. Not phased by that, my line rental is still with BT and I am paying Primus by DD.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport