canterbury conservatories at B&Q

Options

Comments

• pappaking
    pappaking Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Why do people not use Trading Standards to sort out any problems? We pay are taxes for this service. They can build a case based on a number of complaints. I think that all conservators should all be built to building regulation standards. The industry is based too much around selling and not engineering. Its a shame when the dream of a home improvment, ends up a nightmare
  • G51shopaholic
    G51shopaholic Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    My conservatory passed Building Control - but it wasn't the design we'd agreed to.

This is the problem - once they've got the money they seem to think they can do what they like.

My fault for handing over the money - should have went with another company who offered no payment till 100% satisfied.

Also the length of time - over 1 year! And no legal come-back!
  • doug66
    doug66 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I've just had a conservatory installed by Canterbury Conservatories.
    Ok it's a couple of months late as their salesman said we didn't need planning permission when in fact we do (Canterbury paid for both certificate of lawfulness and planning consent) and the building suppliers company didn't send the bricks on time so the groundworks were all a bit late, but the product was installed yesterday, it looks fine, the guys who installed it were very hard working, very polite and did a great job.
    After reading some of the horror stories in this column I was starting to have serious doubts about the company but apart from the above hiccups I have no complaints about them.
  • LordKingsley
    Options
    pootle77 wrote: »
    I am another unhappy customer of canterbury conservatories (or UV2 as they were when we purchased!). The sales man was very good and very professional and went into great detail about them having the backing of B&Q with their 10 year warranty (Turns out to be a bit of a smiling shark!). We signed up and work started sooner than expected which all appeared great!
    So the conservatory was built and we had quite a few problems/ issues which were solved (ish) within a few days....until they had received their money from finance company (barclays), and as soon as they had our money their customer service was none existent!!!
    We had a leak through the roof a few weeks after the conservatory was finished, which they came out and repaired. Turned out this particular joint had not been sealed at all??? Then the 2nd leak came in July and we were fobbed off with "our engineers are busy we cant come out for over a week, can you not go out and buy a bucket?" We insisted for a manager to call us with a earlier date to fix the problem which had damaged our new flooring and this never happened. A letter was sent in and they ignored it!
    Fast forward a few months and we have had no communication from them and now several leaks in the roof, damp and moulding of the floor, runined flooring, damaged 3 piece suit and our house is now full of furniture from the conservatory in a bid to save anymore damage to it.
    They again will not send anyone out until over a week after the fault is reported, no return phone calls from maanagers and dispicable customer service! After finally speaking to a manager today i can see why this company does not get many great reviews! I have never spoken to such a rude and unprofessional individual, who claims to be employed at such a high level within a company.
    They so far claim that they will not be held responsible for any of the damage their poor workmanship has caused, although trading standards strongly believe we have a very clear case against them!
    A word of warning to all......DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!! I wish so very much that i could turn back time and not have trusted this company with such an important addition to my house and hope this will stop others from falling foul of Canterbury conservatories!

I have the same problems, worst company I have ever been involed with the MD Bob Docker is a is most deceitful person. How he sleeps at night knowing the lies he comes out with, I have reported them to Trading Standards more people should do this. No other company will touch our conservatory , needs new one lowest quote £12,000.
  • LordKingsley
    Options
    I do sincerely hope, that customer with outstanding situations with Canterbury, are able to have the problems resolved, I totally appreciate your comments,
    and wish you all the very best

Thankyou

Sorry but I have never heard such rubbish, Canterbury Conservatories are the worst company I have ever used. Our local Trading Standards office have had endless complaints, Rogue Traders are looking at producing a programme on this company Mentorn Scotland are gathering information for the BBC. Lets hope we can sort Bob Docker and his highway men. This company are just uncaring robbers......There may be people out their how have had a good job done...not many. Just wait till they have a problem with a door jammed, cracked glass, leaks, damaged roof cappings etc. Canterbury will never attend and sort the problem .
  • LordKingsley
    Options
    Hi all. Canterbury Conservatories have failed to respond to a letter we sent them giving them two weeks to respond. It stated that after that time our contracts would be void and we would require our £500 deposit returned with further payment to put right the work that had been done to a negligable standard. (had to be put right immediately to bring up to building control standards). The last contact we had was a manager cold calling and he got to see the extent of the remedial work in process (and it was no small job- major excavation).He had the cheek to offer us compensation if we signed the Barclays agreement and let them fit the conservatory which is in my garden(which does NOT fit unless used with LOTS of fillers). He left saying he would get his legal team involved that was five weeks ago. Not only did he not do that he failed to reply to our letter sent six weeks ago. We also gave them a month to remove the so called conservatory from my garden but that date has now well and truly passed. Our only hope of any recompence from them is if we take them to court. We can do this using a solicitor via our home contents insurance.
    We also need to clear the 4.5 x 3m (with glass celsius roof but no door frame) conservatory from our garden as our grass is now dying if not dead. I DO NOT RECOMMEND CANTERBURY CONSERVATORIES.

Have you had any success with taking them to court. I have problems because no other company will touch the work. Let me know please.
    Thanks
  • G51shopaholic
    Options
    but you don't do work in scotland.

Canterbury Conservatories only supply the frames - it's the idiots that the company allowed to build there conservatories without a care for the people paying for them!
  • G51shopaholic
    Options
    read on another forum that there is a whisper that their doing a deal with Homebase! That'll be a laugh!
  • claudius
    Options
    DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. THEY ARE A LIABILITY. THEY WILL GIVE YOU A LOT OF TROUBLES.
    NOT A SERIOUS FIRM!!!!
    CoWBOYSSSSS!!!!!!
    DON't SAY YOU HAVEN'T BEEN WARNED!!!
  • doctors_2
    Options
    I have worked for Canterbury Conservatories, since 2008, as a Sales Designer, and have sold many Conservatories in Canterbury, Herne Bay, Whitstable, Ashford, Romney Marsh, Peasmarsh, Rye. I would like the opportunity to say, that the vast MAJORITY of the customers I have sold to are very satisfied and happy with the installation, I admit that there have been delays, and have at times taken a little longer to then expected to complete. BUT THEY HAVE BEEN COMPLETED, All my customer can contact me at anytime, for any reason, and I am always there to help and assist.And if any potential Customer wish to visit my Installations, This can be arranged.THE PRODUCT QUALITY IS EXCELLENT, THE PRICE IS REALISTIC AND COMPETETIVE, THE INSTALLATION TEAMS ARE EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL.
    Yes, we do have difficult days, when something is missing, or rain keeps falling, traffic hold ups, Our finance package is fantastic, £500 Deposit and 9 months interest free, Thanks Paul Clarke

YOU sold to us, I am/was one of you customers!.how do you people sleep at night. You came into my home and sold me a conservatory that leaks and the customer service is absolutely awful. I would not recommend you to my worst enemy. Myhusband called your private number a few days ago and you told him you have left the company because they were having problems paying their staff. Serves you right. SHAME on you all!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure