canterbury conservatories at B&Q

Options

Comments

• planning_officer
    Options
    The local company offering that precise info on depths,show the knowledge required for me......
    Knowledge that is completely and utterly wrong - all of it!! (see post above).
  • milla
    milla Posts: 298 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 15 August 2009 at 9:25AM
    Options
    I have tried to tell Jason this via p.m. by making him aware of my experience last year .

I signed my contract on the 29th September 2008. Work started after the 1st October . Planning Officer visited end of October and told me I needed pp.as the conservatory was over 3 metres out from the original wall . I informed my (cough cough ) builder who said she was talking rubbish . I said well tell HER that . She enlightened him about the new law (1.10.2008 )

A quick ring to the planning department would confirm the law , put your mind at rest and would save potential problems if you wanted to sell a few years down the line .

The age of the property is irrelevant . The local builder does need to be brought up to date with the recent legislation .
    Without the rain you wouldn't have the rainbows !

I came into this world with nothing and I've still got most of it left!
  • hooleyhooley
    Options
    Thanks for that planning...I think you may have got the wrong approach to my reply...
  • planning_officer
    Options
    Thanks for that planning...I think you may have got the wrong approach to my reply...
    No worries - although I wouldn't trust a company that provide such wrong advice about planning issues! I wasn't implying that you thought their advice was ok by the way!!
  • red_red_wine
    Options
    ive just had conservatory fitted and didnt experience any problem at all, the salesman, fitting and overall quality is excellent, my boyfriend had a awful experience with advance and so did his parents so i was apprehensive no matter who we went with,..turned out to be no hassle at all and my 4 x 4 is up and its lovely. would definately recommend...incidently they were over 5000 cheaper than 2 other national companies..

Sally
    newton mearns
    glasgow
  • littlepinkangel
    Options
    The exact reason we continued with Canterbury even after the price increase was because of the great finance offer but DONT DO IT looks like we will now have to go to court and probably claim damages for the poor work done especially with our drains (see other post)
  • littlepinkangel
    Options
    We still having problems going on 25 weeks now, only difference is we haven't signed the barclays doc despite numerious sly tactics to try and get us too. We have had our brickwork built to wrong size(building inspector said we could have gone out 17feet not just 10feet), single skim wall that is not stable and will get damp, wrong size windows which are now sitting in my garden and i will NOT have them back they are incompetant to say the least. They actually think they can just fit these windows and everything is sweet but no way am i having it with six different size roof windows(six panel lean to style)and lots of plastic between glass because its too small. Tonight i have found out they have completely ruined the drain system which will cost thousands to correct as it is is now under a foot of concrete. We are in Chatham Kent. We have been dealing with Tom Philbin the operations manager who is useless. Now sending letter to cancel after talking to building inspector and a solicitor via our house insurance but it doesn't look like they will just let us out easily.:mad:
  • brandybottle
    Options
    ive just had conservatory fitted and didnt experience any problem at all, the salesman, fitting and overall quality is excellent, my boyfriend had a awful experience with advance and so did his parents so i was apprehensive no matter who we went with,..turned out to be no hassle at all and my 4 x 4 is up and its lovely. would definately recommend...incidently they were over 5000 cheaper than 2 other national companies..

Sally
    newton mearns
    glasgow

Was this through canterbury Conservatories?
  • littlepinkangel
    Options
    If anyone has any comments about Canterbury Conservatories, please post here as i would love to hear any more stories good or bad. Thanks
  • red_red_wine
    Options
    Was this through canterbury Conservatories?

yes this was through canterbury, complete professionals in my opinion, i since descovered a work colleague in edinburgh has a canterbury conservatory and is also more than happy

if you research the bigger companies on this site you will find a lot lot more complaints, people tend to only come on here to complain instead of compliment, overall i like this company and would definately recommend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure