sakula Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    HR assistant very lower salary
  • HalfPint
    HalfPint Posts: 646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PT office/account manager £8.50 ph

Benefits - 90% of child care paid for :D, 6 weeks hols per annum (2 weeks fixed period) plus a very, VERY, good boss. :T

Cons - errrm....none?

HP x
    DEBT FREE DATE: 05/02/2015!

Those things in life that we find the hardest to do, are the things we are the most thankful we did.
  • elvch01
    elvch01 Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    IT consultant for a very large US software company. Basic £95k, bonus around £20k, plus car allowance, pension etc. If not working at a customer site (anywhere around the globe), I usually work at home. My boss is in another countery so doesn't hassle me to make the 20 mile commute & its nice to be able to spend a bit more time with the family where possible. After today, I will be only at home for about 7 days in all before December
    Chris Elvin
  • mark_j
    mark_j Posts: 52 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2009 at 4:58AM
    Options
    Work for an american / canadian owned brewery

27 and on 39K, work six months of the year, v v good pension,free private health and free booze, 36 days holiday entitlement and full sick pay.

Using my spare time to setup another business
  • Sazzyukrafc
    Options
    I work for a family-run online furniture company as an Editor. I'm responsible for all content across a number of websites and really enjoy having all of it as my own work. I'm 24 and earn £20k a year and live in Lancashire.
  • pianeet
    pianeet Posts: 518 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2009 at 4:02PM
    Options
    caretaker at a private school £25,000 a year,pension scheme double what i pay in up to maximum of 6% (my contribution).tied accomodation 3 bedroom house @£10 a week,private healthcare for whole family,free gym and sports membership for whole family,30 days holiday,and discount of 66% on school fees equals £21,000 for my 2 boys .
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • dayloon
    dayloon Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    mark_j wrote: »
    Work for an american / canadian owned brewery

27 and on 39K, work six months of the year, v v good pension,free private health and free booze, 36 days holiday entitlement and full sick pay.

Using my spare time to setup another business

I want your job
  • elsie52
    elsie52 Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    I am a sales assistant, working 20 hours per week for the princely sum of £5.94 per hour. Looking to increase my income, by doing ironing from home. I am almost 57, so I seem to be almost " un-employable " Used to be a office co-ordinator and senior negotiator for an estate agency firm for 10 years, but no matter how I try to get another position like that, I don't even get an interview, and then people say "age doesn't matter"......I think it does.!!

So if anyone needs any ironing doing in the Doncaster area.....pm me.!

June 2010 - 11/56 lbs Weight to lose before May 2011.

• 925dancer
    925dancer Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    Last year in London (outer suburbs) I was a Secretary/PA in a letting agency 20k pa, no bonuses but I lived 10 minutes walk from the office and got cheaper rent as we didn't charge my landlord fees.

Spent 6 months in Auckland, New Zealand as a Property Manager, about £16k plus company car, fuel card and mobile. Was still grossly underpaid.

Been back in Edinburgh for nearly a month, not one reply to any job application, so on JSA and struggling! Just want a job. Have a feeling I may need to take a pay cut, have set my threshold at £17k but fear I may have to go lower which will make things very tight.

Sigh, got to love a recession. Oh, I'm 27.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure