list your job and wage

Options

Comments

• hostie1985
    hostie1985 Posts: 220 Forumite
    Options
    Air Hostess - basic 13.5k pa + flight pay + commission.
    Saving for a deposit for a place of my own.....
    :jSavings so far £29,450/£40,000:j 73.6% SAVED!!!
    1poll £23.90/£40.00 (claimed 1x£40)
    No Monthly Car Payments left! Paid off on the 5/11/10!
  • heynonnynonny
    Options
    Large clothes/homeware retailer, £5.96 an hour. Even as supervisor where you're basically a manager) £6.40. Worth taking the 44p cut so you just go in, do your work and go home instead of all the carp that comes with going one up.
    Ahhhh.... lemony fresh victory is mineee!!!
  • Graeme_Hogg
    Options
    Principal Officer - Prison Service - £33,200 pa

Final salary scheme (so far)...118 pay days to go
  • bishbish_2
    Options
    Security Officer - £24.5k basic + approx £6k guaranteed overtime + approx £5-10k pa o/t.
    48 Hour Week, Days and Nights! BUT, i'm fed up and want out, there is no chance of progression!
    Is 36 to old to retrain for a differant career?
  • my_gorgeous_ellie-belle
    Options
    bishbish wrote: »
    Security Officer - £24.5k basic + approx £6k guaranteed overtime + approx £5-10k pa o/t.
    48 Hour Week, Days and Nights! BUT, i'm fed up and want out, there is no chance of progression!

Deffinately not too old!;)

But in todays economic downturn try to study while keeping your current job if you can...just in case as it is so much tougher to change careers at the mo. But probably a good time to get some extra skills in for when things to (hopefully) get better! Good luck!
    Mummy of 3 lovely munchkins :smileyhea
  • Pikem4n
    Options
    Tv and home appliance installer for an small indipendant electrical retailer(for 14 years now since i was 17!)
    Wage per month - £963.00 before tax,after tax -£824.94

Not had a proper wage wise for over 5 years now,had a slight increase in my wages earlier this year as i was getting under the minimum wage by a fe pence an hour!
  • louiser123
    louiser123 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    Options
    nvq assessor/internal verifier and tutor. work 2 jobs total after tax/ni is £1600 ish per month i think that makes salary of £23,500. nt 100% sure as im on emergency tax in one job as all my allowance is used up in my main job.
    self confessed 80's throwback:D
    sealed pot challenge 2009 #488 (couldnt tell you how much so far as i cant open it to count it!!:mad: )
  • timmmers
    timmmers Posts: 3,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bishbish wrote: »

It's sensible to retrain in something you enjoy doing, and take it slowly while you have money to support yourself. A boring job you aren't keen on is way better than a pipe dream that turns out to not be what you thought. Many people see an advert telling them that they can retrain and be an IT ace...PAY for a load of half useless home training and then find that everyone wants experience not home schooled newbies.

Self employment or contract work is common now and not for everyone...a lot of these training companies get your cash and won't help you with anything much after you finish and have no further value to them, you're on your own.

Most of us have 3 or more careers in different occupations in our working lives. It's pretty much essential to change with the times nowadays or get left behind.

I'm contemplating my next batch of training...half way through a Cisco CCNA qualification now (as it's interesting and well paid work eventually as a bonus) which is a never ending learning process but with full support from the company who runs the exams and certs...and doing it for free almost unlike the couple of grand or more that firms like Computeach charge for the same thing.

t
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mumoftwins
    mumoftwins Posts: 2,498 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a Ward Clerk for the NHS, work 18.75hrs a week and bring home £600 which includes High Cost Area allowance (£30 approx), also get final salary pension, flexible hours and I love it!
    Christians Against Poverty - www.capuk.org
  • DomTom
    DomTom Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    20 - student engineer (on placement) - £19,800 per year basic (50h/week) + overtime (at £8/h, approx £2500/year) + mileage + subsistence + 23 days paid leave/year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure