list your job and wage

Options

Comments

• Treacle1983
    Options
    Age 26:
    Work for insurance broker as a retentions officer.
    £15k basic going upto £18k after 6 months training.
    21 days holiday, up to 21 days sick a year at full pay.
    Money off insurances and mortgages etc..
    Free health plan, gym membership etc..
    Overtime at £15 per hour.
    Bonus on top of basic wages - uncapped. over the last year it has averaged to about £600 a month after tax and ni.
    Not really comping any more as too ill - but hoping to win £1000+ in 2017 in cash prizes - watch this space!
  • floatylight
    Options
    Careers Advisor in a secondary school, work term time (42 weeks a year)
    £22k per year
    Marrying the man of my dreams
    30th November 2012 :j
    Little Stig due
    22nd February 2012 :D
    2012 is going to be an awesome year!!!
  • Rockporkchop
    Options
    timmmers wrote: »
    I'm contemplating my next batch of training...half way through a Cisco CCNA qualification now (as it's interesting and well paid work eventually as a bonus) which is a never ending learning process but with full support from the company who runs the exams and certs...and doing it for free almost unlike the couple of grand or more that firms like Computeach charge for the same thing.

Can I ask how you are able to do the CCNA for almost nothing? Know someone who is about to pay several thousand for this course. Thanks.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    save-a-lot wrote: »
    So from the screenname on a forum a fraudster can find your real name, your postal address, banking details, and everything else they need to duplicate you.. wow! question: is that the case for all 'ordinary' people?

If you are patient enough and have time to read someone's hundreds of messages, you can find out where they live, their job, their partner's job, their age, what job they do, what hours they work, who their providers for TV, BB, phones etc are, their views on race, politics etc, as well as car make, food allergies etc etc. :D

They may not steal their identity, but it's now unknown for people to lose jobs, be sued etc etc
  • saver_gem
    Options
    I work in customer services, £18k
  • BFem
    BFem Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 October 2009 at 10:52AM
    Options
    crob83 wrote: »
    Trainee clinical psychologist. 26k per year going up to 27k this month.

Congrats - I know how hard it is to get to this stage. Can I ask how you managed it? Were you a Psy assistant previously and then go onto trainee? Is it a funded post grad position?

I am in my second year undergrad and needing things to keep me motivated to keep going, especially being in a part of the country where there are no opportunities!

My salary - Age 24, work as an administrator/receive calls from distressed clients (with no training!) about £6-7k per year.

Student loans about 5k per year. Luckily my partner earns more than I do but we still struggle a lot and have lots of bank fees to pay every month as we are awful at managing our finances no matter how hard we try to stay on top of it!

I'm hoping that once I complete my degree (another 3 years away!) it will increase my salary, staying optimistic!
    'It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection' Elizabeth Gilbert.

:j
  • Serenity
    Serenity Posts: 2,814 Forumite
    Options
    Can I ask how you are able to do the CCNA for almost nothing? Know someone who is about to pay several thousand for this course. Thanks.

I know open uni do a CCNA course (you obv have to arrange the exam yourself) and in Scotland, depending on your income, you can get OU courses free.
    Also in my previous job, which was in cisco network support they paid for some people to do the course. Not many and they don't do it anymore
    (I joined too late :().
    I would like to question the idea that you will get a well paid job with it though. I know people with CCNA on 18k etc. Of course you can then work for higher qualifications.
  • mynameisryan
    Options
    Junior Web Developer, £20k, age 17
  • hbk2006
    hbk2006 Posts: 579 Forumite
    Options
    Im 25 years old and work 26 hrs a week in a private nursery for the princely sum of......£6.20 p/h. My sis (17 years old) works in a high street shop and earns 10p an hour more than me! :(:(
    :D....It's nice to be nice.....:D
  • rachmear
    Options
    I'm a Biomedical Scientist. Basic Salary is £27,000. With Overtime working 24 hour shifts (yes I work for 24 hours on site at work in the laboratory) I can up my income to £44,000.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure