list your job and wage

Options

Comments

• Hadrian
    Hadrian Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    It never fails to amaze me how much personal info ordinary people will give away to anyone. I well remember people giving away banking details etc to a street questioners (a TV reporter in disguise) after a few minutes. MYOB is my reply.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Age 60-something :cool:
    Job retired ( love having time to be a 'proper' grandma at last :j)
    Income ...well the government says I can live on £95 a week but I have a tiny work pension as well, so they tax me on it :mad:

My former employer said you should either have nothing or be a millionaire to have a decent standard of living on retirement. Didn't like the idea of having nothing and can't win the lottery, and now I know exactly what she meant :rolleyes:
  • slhunte3
    slhunte3 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Team Administrator 15k pa
    Barely enough a month (£972 a month after tax, NI and pension deduction)
    No benefits except for occasional free food at conferences
    I hate it but because I don't have a degree no one will look at my CV and pay me more
    I'm bored to death...rant over.
  • valos_mummy
    Options
    I'm 30, and a long term temp. Went for job in Aug 08, got told it would be till Oct 08 and I'm still here! Pretty basic admin, excel stuff all day and at this point quite repetitive although I have mentioned a few times I'd like more stuff to do. No real perks, free calendar for my desk and a couple of drinks at last year's xmas do....

I'm on £7.90 an hour, and it usually means I get £960 a month after NI/tax. Which I think works out about just over £14K a year. My last job I earned £15.5K per year. And before that I was on £13K.

Worst job in terms of pay I had was an assistant manager for a well known retail store, worked all hours even doing displays till 9pm unpaid because we'd get b*******d if it didn't get done and I was on a grand total of £10,500.....BEFORE TAX:eek:

I've never broken the £16K mark which is depressing at my age, even more so that my 24 year old boyfriend is on £22K. If I got a £20K job I'd be whooping like a maniac, I'd class that as a "rich" wage.

I'm nearing the end of a course in Sage bookkeeping, hoping that will get me somewhere in the purchase/sales ledger area and a bit more wage; there always seems to be loads of jobs there - although they all say they want experience :mad:
    Do good deeds and you could raise the curtain, do good deeds and you could really raise your life....
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hadrian wrote: »
    It never fails to amaze me how much personal info ordinary people will give away to anyone. I well remember people giving away banking details etc to a street questioners (a TV reporter in disguise) after a few minutes. MYOB is my reply.

So from the screenname on a forum a fraudster can find your real name, your postal address, banking details, and everything else they need to duplicate you.. wow! question: is that the case for all 'ordinary' people?
  • livewire_82
    Options
    I'm 27 and been in graphic design, artwork & print for 9 years.... but currently unemployed following redundancy. This is how lucky/unlucky I have been:

Age 18 - £7,200 (made redundant)
    Age 21 - £11,000 (resigned)
    Age 22 - £24,500 (escaped redundancy by 1 month)
    Age 24 - £29,000 (made redundant)

Currently been out of work since end of August. Bracing myself for a paycut from before.
  • ali137
    ali137 Posts: 374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    happyvic wrote: »
    Police Inspector - £51k (don't get paid overtime)
    Pension have to pay 11% (not sure what employer contributes)

No benefits as such, other than earning a comparatively good wage.

Hello sir:rotfl:
  • ali137
    ali137 Posts: 374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    muhasib wrote: »
    its still better than a lot of the service personnel out in Helmand

You are right there, i think the forces abroad risking their lives should get more pay. This is a joke:mad:
  • happyvic
    Options
    ali137 wrote: »
    Hello sir:rotfl:

Should be Hello Ma'am :grin: (Not to worry - popular misconception)
  • crob83
    crob83 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Trainee clinical psychologist. 26k per year going up to 27k this month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure