catalogue accounts

Options

Comments

• Tribulation
    Options
    My wife's catalogue currently for some unknown reason (only ever used it to purchase stuff for ourselves, never acted as an agent) has a whopping £6500 credit limit.

Quite handy in some ways as it shows up on her experian credit report, hence the percentage/amount of available credit used is always reasonably low, so if she applies for a new card, doesn't look like she's desperate even if she is (which she isn't)
    Martin Lewis is always giving us advice on how to force companies to do things.

How about giving us advice on how to remove ourselves from any part of
    MoneySupermarket.com

I hereby withdraw any permission Martin might have implied he gave MoneySupermarket.com to use any of my data. Further more, I do not wish ANY data about me, or any of my posts etc to be held on any computer system held by MoneySupermarket.com or any business it has any commercial interests in.
  • RICK..._2
    Options
    Cool, Mine were
    £125, £225, £325, £500

Has yours gone up again yet? If so what to if you don't mind me asking? :D
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
  • digitalphase
    digitalphase Posts: 2,087 Forumite
    Options
    I've been accepted for a Very account :beer: Very chuffed as they turned me down 6 mths ago, and I wanted an account with them as they allow you to pay over 3 mths interest free.

They have given me a £600 limit :D
  • sscott5581
    Options
    I've been accepted for a Very account :beer: Very chuffed as they turned me down 6 mths ago, and I wanted an account with them as they allow you to pay over 3 mths interest free.

They have given me a £600 limit :D

Well done!!!
  • bingy_burge
    Options
    I got jacamo £200 limit and bought some shoes and paid it off.
    Now I have ordered an xbox wheel!
  • wayne99
    wayne99 Posts: 352 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2009 at 6:38PM
    Options
    I have had a jd williams account now for 1 year, credit limit has just gone up from 700 to 1100 so quite chuffed with that increase.

also just opened a Jacamo account was given 125.00 starting limit.

cant get next or any of the littlewoods ones as i get rejected.

jd williams may be a little more expensive then the others but they give credit to most people, i mean christ i have credit with them and i have a CCJ and a good few defaults from a few years ago.
    can open multiple accounts - so great for the 0's on your credit report.

credit limit increases were :

125.00 start , 3rd statement 225 , 5th statement 350 , 7th statement 500 ,10th statement 700 and now 12th statement 1100 , i dont pay in full but i do pay over the min payment required.
    :j:beer: :beer::j
  • just_about
    Options
    Just got a Very account with a 425 pounds limit and a kays account with a 600 pounds limit .. Am very chuffed as they both refused me till a couple of months back :D, so that makes it 4 credit accounts with the shop direct group, with littlewoods and additions direct being the other ones :eek:
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    just_about wrote: »
    Just got a Very account with a 425 pounds limit and a kays account with a 600 pounds limit .. Am very chuffed as they both refused me till a couple of months back :D, so that makes it 4 credit accounts with the shop direct group, with littlewoods and additions direct being the other ones :eek:

I had four accounts with Shop Direct Group before going bankrupt.

They were unscrupulous as you like - Littlewoods raised my account in the typical steps, £550, £700, £850, £1,150, £1,400

Then it started getting rediculous

£1,900 then £2,400 then £3,400 - and we're only talking two to three months between each increase.

Suffice it to say the christmas following the last limit increase led to expenses that contributed heavily toward my Bankruptcy!

Be careful with Shop Direct Group, their limits seem to know no bounds!!
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • digitalphase
    digitalphase Posts: 2,087 Forumite
    Options
    izools wrote: »
    I had four accounts with Shop Direct Group before going bankrupt.

They were unscrupulous as you like - Littlewoods raised my account in the typical steps, £550, £700, £850, £1,150, £1,400

Then it started getting rediculous

£1,900 then £2,400 then £3,400 - and we're only talking two to three months between each increase.

Suffice it to say the christmas following the last limit increase led to expenses that contributed heavily toward my Bankruptcy!

Be careful with Shop Direct Group, their limits seem to know no bounds!!

Yeah, they are silly with their limits. My OH has a 4700 limit with them :eek:
    Though I'm going to be good and just get the odd thing. Ordered two tops, one's not going to be delivered until next month as not in, then pay over 3mths to get some more green 0's :D
  • RICK..._2
    RICK..._2 Posts: 469 Forumite
    edited 21 October 2009 at 3:57PM
    Options
    My JDWilliams account is at £500 on my 4th statement although hoping this will go up next week when I get my 5th.

Jacamo is on £325 on my third statement, so hopefully that will go up to £500 same as my JDWilliams is at the min.

edit, just checked and:

JDWilliams 5th statement - £700 limit
    Jacamo 4th statement - £500 limit
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure