catalogue accounts

Options

Comments

• RICK..._2
    RICK..._2 Posts: 469 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2009 at 2:16PM
    Options
    Can anyone help me..

My OH has got 2 accounts with JDWilliams group, she's been using them over the past few months, been making payments every month and well in advance of the due date.

She tried to order some shoes yesterday and noticed in her account it said it's been 'cancelled' - she phoned them and they said they're reviewing her accounts. Today they've sent her an email saying 'Although, you may have credit available to spend, unfortunately at this time when your account was assessed this month, the company has requested that all orders placed will now need a payment in advance.'

How does this work? How can they just take it off her, especially when she's been managing it well?
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
  • naijapower
    naijapower Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Options
    Very strange. Is their any recent adverse on their credit profile.

Cant think of a definite reason. Maybe someone else can help
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have to actively use the account to get an increase? I have spent £25 today but there is very little else that I would want. I know if I don’t use them I’ll still get the “green 0’s”, but would they be likely to raise my limit? I’d probably ask for it to go back down anyway (is that an option or is that only for credit cards?), as there is no way I'd spend even what I've got now (unless it was on electricals, but at those prices I don't think I'd find anything that isn't beatable elsewhere!)
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    Very have just increased my Limit. I called and spoke to the credit dept asked for an increase and they asked "How much would I like?!" Wish all lenders rewarded good customers like this!
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • boogiemaster
    boogiemaster Posts: 912 Forumite
    edited 6 October 2011 at 2:14AM
    Options
    Updated below
    I'm not poor i'm just skint
  • osborn99
    Options
    I have 2 defaults and next gave me £150 credit, it's now £1000. Might be more expensive but it's helping me rebuild by credit.
  • osborn99
    Options
    Signed up to littlewoodsthis min, no credit check, £750 credit. 1 min to register
  • callistris
    Options
    After reading through most of this thread last night I searched empire stores as liked the sound of their repayment options, after a quick application I got approved for £1500:j
  • boogiemaster
    Options
    Instant acceptance for Kay's with £500 limit so that's JD Williams Simply Be and now Kay's to add to my collection :)
  • boogiemaster
    Options
    Wife has just been accepted for Littlewoods with £400 credit limit.

First purchase little black dress but no shoes, suppose that will be second order?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport