catalogue accounts

Options

Comments

• fawinds
    fawinds Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JD Williams upped my limit to £700 today.

So far it has been £150, £250, £350, £500 and £700.
  • RICK..._2
    Options
    JDWilliams 6th statement - £1,000 limit (125,225,325,500,700,1000)
    Jacamo 5th statement - £700 limit (125,225,325,500,700)
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
  • wayne99
    wayne99 Posts: 352 Forumite
    Options
    JD williams 13th statement - still sat at £1100 limit
    Jacamo - 3rd ststement - gone from £125.00 to £400.00

there seems little consistancy in the increases but iam not complaining...
    :j:beer: :beer::j
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2009 at 2:15AM
    Options
    Hi folks
    Sorry not credit card related.

Not sure if anyone can advise on this or not, will be grateful for any info is possible cheers.;)

This is on behalf of my mum, she have been with Great Universal ever since I can remember, and I'm now 41......:o:D, anyway, every year she makes a christmas order and this year she had her details through with the promotion code for Buy now and pay Nov 2010.

Anyway, she went to make an order on the phone by using the promotion code and they said to her for this type of ordering now, even on 20 weeks for buy now and pay later, interest of 29.9%apr is charged on top.

So of course she did not continue, but wondering if she got it wrong, I said I would expect it to be that if it was over extended terms of maybe 52 weeks etc.

Does anyone who shop with these know anything about this at all?

Its been years since I run a catalogue, and mum when she orders, never goes more than 20 weeks.

However, I did find some info on this link below of the terms and conds, what can you make of this? just want to make sure for mums sake, it shows 0% for 20/52 weeks then 29.9% on extended terms, thank you so much.;)

http://www.greatuniversal.com/rf/gus/static.do?page=landinghtml1&cm_re=Homepage-_-Banner+Footer-_-Buy+Now+Pay+November+2010

This is a Buy Now Pay Later promotion. If you have any insurance products, premiums will accrue on these purchases from the date of purchase. These will be charged to your account and payable in the normal way but no other payment will be due from you in respect of the items you buy on this offer until the expiry of the period specified. This Buy Now Pay Later is not available with interest free extended terms credit. If this offer is taken out on Interest bearing extended terms credit, interest will be calculated for the full duration of the agreement including the Buy Now Pay Later period but you can avoid paying interest by paying the cash price in full prior to the expiry of the Buy Now Pay Later period. 20/52 weeks 0% APR, extended terms 29.9% APR, Typical 29.9% APR. Buy now pay September 2010 is not available with any other introductory offer or discount. We reserve the right to withdraw this offer without prior notice at anytime. The promotion code can only be used once on orders of £100 or more. Returned goods, financial services products and delivery charges will not count towards the value of the order. Credit provided, subject to status, by Shop Direct Finance Company Limited. Goods/services provided by Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi folks
    Sorry not credit card related.

Hi Di,

I read this as meaning that if she pays the balance in full prior to the end of the offer date then 0% is charged to the account, meaning if she spent £1000 and paid back £100 per month for 10 months then nothing extra would be due. If however she only repaid £50 per month leaving £500 outstanding at the end of the 'deal period', she'd then accrue interest on that £500 element outstanding at whatever apr they have quoted.

In a nutshell, just claer the balance prior to Nov 2010 and all she'll repay is the money spent. :D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Di,

I read this as meaning that if she pays the balance in full prior to the end of the offer date then 0% is charged to the account, meaning if she spent £1000 and paid back £100 per month for 10 months then nothing extra would be due. If however she only repaid £50 per month leaving £500 outstanding at the end of the 'deal period', she'd then accrue interest on that £500 element outstanding at whatever apr they have quoted.

In a nutshell, just claer the balance prior to Nov 2010 and all she'll repay is the money spent. :D

Thank you hunni :T:T
    Hope your well, your a star.:A:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • sscott5581
    Options
    Very limt increased to £2800. There seems to be a pattern to their CL increases. Placed one order each month for the last three month and CL increased by £300 each month.

Does anyone else receive the same kind of increases from shop direct? My empire store account CL increases in the same way.:confused:

I think I will be cutting these limits as there is no way I will ever spend that amount.:rotfl:
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    sscott5581 wrote: »
    Very limt increased to £2800. There seems to be a pattern to their CL increases. Placed one order each month for the last three month and CL increased by £300 each month.

Does anyone else receive the same kind of increases from shop direct? My empire store account CL increases in the same way.:confused:

I think I will be cutting these limits as there is no way I will ever spend that amount.:rotfl:
    I have never had an increase from very, but only ordered once....
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • naijapower
    naijapower Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Options
    Friend requires some advise:
    New to credit. Infact no credit at all. Lived in UK for past 3 yrs but only showing on electoral for current year.
    What catalogue would be best to apply for in order to start building some history? Not worried about small limits but desires to have some accounts showing on his files
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JD Williams is reportedly the easiest to get -

Although I think they must be a little stricter than Vanquis credit card on the basis Vanquis approved me six months ago, JD Williams did not ;)
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure