catalogue accounts

Options

Comments

• samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    A reducing limit looks bad doesn't it? I must say it says I can order up to £150 but saying that - it says my limit is 0. Rang to check I have a credit account and she advised I can spend up to £150. So surely my limit is £150?! The above now makes sense.
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • samtoby
    Options
    JD Williams is now £900 so gone from 150 to 900 in 6 months. Not bad, highest limit for years for me :)
  • JodiePearce
    Options
    I can't get accepted for any!!!

Stressing me out!!
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just got declined for Littlewoods, but accepted for JD Williams :)

Credit of £125.00, so won't use it much!
  • JodiePearce
    Options
    I can't even get jd Williams! I have really bad credit from years ago and most of it has fell off... I couldn't get accepted for a credit card with vanquish so I appealed and they sent me an invitation to apply for cashmax 6 month loan! I was accepted! Also have two mobile contracts that's are all paid up to date!

Studio have given me a cash account only but every now and then they send goods before I've paid and so I pay it quick sharp but they still won't give me an account! Anyone eles had this? When I asked them they reply my account us still a cash only!!! Annoying!
  • MrSilk
    edited 7 November 2012 at 1:07PM
    Options
    This time last year I couldn't even open a basic bank account..I currently have 1 CCJ and 5 defaults, however I built my credit history like this:

March 2012: Applied and accepted for 30 day SIM only on Three (Cancelled in June)
    March 2012: Opened NatWest current Account (No Overdraft)
    May 2012: Applied and accepted for Orange 24 Month Contract
    July 2012: Applied and accepted for Capital One secured CC (£200 Deposit!!)
    October 2012: Took out additional line with Orange
    November 2012: JD Williams account opened (£125 Limit)

Once the CCJ has dropped, I'll try my luck with Natwest for a CC (Credit my Current Account with around £1400pm)

I believe you need to start low and build up, I am aware my credit is still limited however, I'd like to have a mortgage in 6/8 years so it will help!!
  • MrSilk
    Options
    I can't even get jd Williams! I have really bad credit from years ago and most of it has fell off... I couldn't get accepted for a credit card with vanquish so I appealed and they sent me an invitation to apply for cashmax 6 month loan! I was accepted! Also have two mobile contracts that's are all paid up to date!

Studio have given me a cash account only but every now and then they send goods before I've paid and so I pay it quick sharp but they still won't give me an account! Anyone eles had this? When I asked them they reply my account us still a cash only!!! Annoying!

make sure your contracts are paid on time and give it a little bit of time and re-apply :) I'd say wait around 4 - 6 months, hassle I know! :(
  • JodiePearce
    Options
    Yeah I think I've proberly applied to much! Thanks
  • samtoby
    Options
    Try very next. They were the first to give me a credit line. I am nearly a year down the line and my limits are rising. I had 500 credit in jan and now have 3k spread across accounts available. Hardly any balances.
  • JodiePearce
    Options
    Tried very! Declined! I appealed and declined again although I did get email asking for more information but when I called then the lady said she didn't know why!!! Strange!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure