catalogue accounts

Options

Comments

• mattedgie
    Options
    Do any of the catalogues report to Equifax?
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    Options
    mattedgie wrote: »
    Do any of the catalogues report to Equifax?
    DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS A GUIDE ONLY AND ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE ACCURATE. ALL INFORMATION POSTED IS BASED ON THE EXPERIENCE OF OTHER MSE FORUM USERS

CATALOGUES

Candid Collections Limited / JD Williams (Ambrose Wilson, Premier Man, Simply Be + numerous small brands)
    Search: EX, EQ
    Report: EX, EQ, CC
    Findel Plc / Express Gifts (Ace, Health & Home Shopping, Studio)
    Search: EX
    Next Directory
    Search: EX, EQ*
    Otto Group (Freemans, Grattan)
    Search: EX, EQ
    Redcats (Daxon, LaRedoute, Vertbaudet)
    Search: EQ
    Shop Direct Group / Shop Direct Financial Services (Additions Direct, K & Co, Littlewoods, isme)
    Search: EQ

Continued.....

and H&M report to Equifax

http://www.hm.com/gb/customer-service/payments
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mattedgie
    Options
    Thanks very much :)
  • mattedgie
    Options
    I've just opened up a littlewoods account and was given £500 credit limit.

Im basically looking at improving my credit report so what would be the best way to use this account?
  • boogiemaster
    Options
    I order small items I know I can pay in full when the statement comes so I'm not overextending myself.

I'm getting green zeros on my credit report but if a month comes where I'm short of money I can always pay the minimum.
    I'm not poor i'm just skint
  • boogiemaster
    Options
    JD Williams have raised my credit limit from £125 to £400 in under four months and Simply Be limit from £125 to £250 on the third statement.

Kay's have given me a £500 limit and I've ordered £50 and I don't intend to have any large balances over £80.

I will pay them all off and then just order one thing from one catalogue then pay it off then order from another and pay it off.

I will keep my balance small and if they raise my limit to £2000 on all the catalogues I'm still only spending £80.

I've learned my lesson and manage my money more responsibly now :)
    I'm not poor i'm just skint
  • lufc7
    lufc7 Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Opened a very.com account yesterday to get a new customer save 10% and do bnpl offer on a new TV. Got instantly accepted with a £500 limit, tv was a little bit more than that so called them to place order by paying the excess over the limit to allow the order to go through. Very happy had a good year, first got accepted for an Aqua card, then got Natwest to upgrade my current account to a full one with cheques, then a good CC with my bank with low APR and decent limit. And finally 2 new mobile contracts with Orange (1 is a iPad) . All this with 2 defaults on my CRA (both settled) which I'm disputing that are less than 5 years old ( one was for a v.large amount £10000+) it just shows people that if you play the game and persurvier there is light at the end of the tunnel. Get the green 0's and play the long game to increase your acceptability from creditors.:A
    'If you ain't living life on the edge you are taking up too much room'
    'Everyone dies but not everyone lives'
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I opened a JD Williams account in April - May statement nothing happened, June went up to 250, July 400 August 600 this month statement not had statement. Ordered small items paid off every month only to get a reasonable limit as I don't have any high limits. £600 is good I think for 5 months account going up so much but reading this it's pretty typical.

I couldn't get next just bit the bullet and applied last night and they approved me with a £150 limit! Very pleased I last applied in January.

I opened a Very account in January and I had a £500 limit in June it went up to £600 but nothing else yet, but I will have to see if it rises now my balance is clear as I bought an iPad on interest free and I have just cleared it. :-)
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • jillc123
    Options
    Watch out with next catalogue. I've been with them for about 10 years and over the years my credit limit increased to £3600. Not that I would ever want to spend that amount. I probably averaged about £400 tops. Anyway, I placed an order which would have taken it just over £500 and they only part delivered. When I enquired they told me it was because my credit limit had changed so if I wanted the remainder of the order I'd have to pay immediately. I have always paid on time every month so I don't understand why they would do this. I've told them I'll pay it off then close the account as this is the second time they've done this to me! Also every month my credit file is updated by them showing a reducing credit limit so I don't actually know what my limit is lol!
  • 41_and_i_know_it
    Options
    I came home yesterday to find the second flyer from Very, first one I binned because I thought I wouldn't be accepted.
    My daughter wants a Meygana Bratzillaz doll I been looking cheapest on Amazon £22 but mostly £25. They offered me £15 off first order of £25 code 2BBTV, which I entered on checkout after registering, free next day delivery to a local shop. Result:- one of my daughters Christmas presents sorted, which I am chuffed about because I always get the wrong thing, for a tenner and its currently in the depot on the way to the shop, I just tracked it. Amazing, little things do please me by the way.

Tesco Credit Card £250 £25 DD 0% for next 10 months.

Barclaycard Initial £241.45 0% for next 7 mths.
    Your parents choose your beginning....
    .... you get to choose the ending.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family