catalogue accounts

Options

Comments

• ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2009 at 11:04AM
    Options
    I've only ever made 1 purchase on my Kays account some months ago, pay £20 each month and still haven't had an increase. In no real rush to pay it off since there is no interest being added monthly and have no intentions of purchasing again unless I'm out of cash and desperately need something (fridge, cooker, the latest 50" tv... etc).
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    ElkyElky wrote: »
    I've only ever made 1 purchase on my Kays account some months ago, pay £20 each month and still haven't had an increase. In no real rush to pay it off since there is no interest being added monthly and have no intentions of purchasing again unless I'm out of cash and desperately need something (fridge, cooker, the latest 50" tv... etc).
    I think that catalouges like to see you using the account, my increase on SDG was only after I made a large purchase.
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have signed up to Marisota after seeing the advert on TV and have been given a £200 credit limit. I made my final payment to a Protected Trust Deed in February and I have not yet recieved my discharge, was shocked but very happy to have had the account accepted at all. :T

I have been looking for Knee High boots for years but have never
    been able to get a pair to fit me as I have very chunky thighs!!
    I have ordered a pair of boots, credited it to my account and my order was accepted. Happy Days :D (Will be paying it off at end of the month though!!)
  • robbo990
    robbo990 Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What were your increases?

£125 in March when opened - then £225 April, £325 May, £400 June, £600 July, £600 August - but now online showing as £875 available.
    Official SOS Club number 004 - Dry until (05.01.10)
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    Cool, Mine were
    £125, £225, £325, £500
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • wizzywig27
    Options
    I just went to apply for a Studio account, filled in all my details then clicked cancel, I have got 1 CC 2 Cats and 1 Mobile contract in past 2 weeks, didnt want to push my luck!

Plus I have not had any credit in years!
  • RICK..._2
    Options
    Cool, Mine were
    £125, £225, £325, £500

Same as me! Mines gone up from £325 to £500 today. Hopefully the next one will be £700 :T
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
  • fawinds
    Options
    My JD Williams increases have been 150, 250, 350 and, as from today, 500.

On the other hand with Next they have been 150, 90, 100, 150
  • fawinds
    Options
    Anyone knows if I write to JD Williams asking they don't send me catalogues and opt-out of their marketing lists, will they close my account?
  • fawinds
    fawinds Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 September 2009 at 12:46PM
    Options
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    I just went to apply for a Studio account, filled in all my details then clicked cancel, I have got 1 CC 2 Cats and 1 Mobile contract in past 2 weeks, didnt want to push my luck!

Plus I have not had any credit in years!

I tried to open an Studio account recently, but just could order a catalogue. Then the catalogue arrived with an order form and a credit limit of £80. It asked for my details and my consent for a credit search.

I have not used it and believe they have not credit searched me as I did not send the order form anyway.

Probably they will not open an account until they receive the first order form and make a credit search. The £80 limit on it must be bogus and they will credit search you anyway when they receive your first order.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure