catalogue accounts

Options

Comments

• gazelle8760
    Options
    mcmonkiez wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I just applied Next account got decline then appeal they accepted my application and offered £200 limit.

Littlewoods same got decline then appeal and given £100 limit.
    La redoute looks like its been accepted still waiting as they said 10 days dont know whats going on with that at the moment.

I am new to credit and want to improve my history what will be the best advise?

applied Capital one got decline and appeal was also decline same thing with Aqua and Vanquis credit card.

I had a slight problem with electoral where my name was wrong and thats why all the account was decline but now its all correct and appeal was accepted with catalogue accounts but credit card said wait 6 months so i guess thats it.

I have Orange pay monthly for last 3 months and have 000 with green on my report same thing with virgin media

O2 montly got it last month but not yet showing my credit file.?

do you guys know how long ti will take to appear all these new account on my credit file and how cna i improve my history using these accounts?

Thanks you

The Gazelle thinks it is nice you are moving in the right direction, The Gazelle further thinks it is best not to apply for too much credit too soon, as this in turn may hamper you gaining more Credit, and can actually do more harm than good.

With reference to how long it will take for these accounts to appear, well, if you have just opened them, you of course have to wait for the company concerned to up-date their account details, subject to what time of the month this is, is when you will start to see the first green zero on your credit profile, so in theory I would say by October you should start to see these showing, to be safe of course.

Use your new Credit sensibly, don't apply for too much too soon, and The Gazelle sees no reason why you cannot have the things you want, when you want them. :D:j
  • telecomengineer
    Options
    kilasuit wrote: »
    i would appeal it and send in bank details etc etc

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1612333 have a read through as this template has helped me get the very account as they initially declined me

Thanks to your advice..appealed, rang them to check progress and they accepted me with a starting limit of £250, really happy, thanks for the advice. they said make a few payments and in 13 weeks will offer a better limit.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to your advice..appealed, rang them to check progress and they accepted me with a starting limit of £250, really happy, thanks for the advice. they said make a few payments and in 13 weeks will offer a better limit.

Nice one - please post it over here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=24171385#post24171385 so others can see the success........ cheers
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • sscott5581
    sscott5581 Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fourth statement from Empire stores and increase to £1050 from £800.
  • Niteflyer
    Niteflyer Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    I have pretty average credit! (a few sub-prine accounts).

But have just applied to Littlewoods, Empire and GUS all within about 29 mins of each other and got accepted by all 3! Each giving me a credit limit of £800 :)

Thanks for the info guys :)

Matt
    "I Assume I Need No Introduction"
  • Niteflyer
    Options
    Plus a Next account with £250 credit Limit and a Top Man card too! WOW!
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    Niteflyer wrote: »
    Plus a Next account with £250 credit Limit and a Top Man card too! WOW!

Be careful to to apply for too many things!

Well done on the accounts
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • Niteflyer
    Options
    Be careful to to apply for too many things!

Well done on the accounts

:)

I'll be fine, I have no intention of applying for anymore credit for quite a while yet! These accounts will just be used as and when I need them!

So applying for them won't have much impact of my credit file :)

Matt
  • RICK..._2
    RICK..._2 Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    My OH applied for a JDWilliams account a month or so ago and got a £125 limit. It never disappeared like they normally do if you havent actually got it... yesterday she decided to place an order, the order disappeared so she phoned up and they said her account had gone off to have more checks done i.e make sure she lives at the address she put down etc.. anyway got an email today saying they've cancelled her credit account and withdrawn her initial credit limit, so the only way she can buy from them is with her debit/credit card.

She phoned to ask why and they wouldn't give an answer. All they said was 'we can give and take credit as we please'

She signed and returned the credit agreement and everything weeks ago, so are they able to just cancel it all off without giving an explanation?

She does have bad credit, which is why she applied for a catalogue with them. I've got two accounts with them with a combined limit of about £600 - could this be why? too many accounts at this address?
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    RICK... wrote: »
    My OH applied for a JDWilliams account a month or so ago and got a £125 limit. It never disappeared like they normally do if you havent actually got it... yesterday she decided to place an order, the order disappeared so she phoned up and they said her account had gone off to have more checks done i.e make sure she lives at the address she put down etc.. anyway got an email today saying they've cancelled her credit account and withdrawn her initial credit limit, so the only way she can buy from them is with her debit/credit card.

She phoned to ask why and they wouldn't give an answer. All they said was 'we can give and take credit as we please'

She signed and returned the credit agreement and everything weeks ago, so are they able to just cancel it all off without giving an explanation?

She does have bad credit, which is why she applied for a catalogue with them. I've got two accounts with them with a combined limit of about £600 - could this be why? too many accounts at this address?
    Was it your first order? Did you opt for it to be sent to another address?

If so this could have flagged up fraud warnings.
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family