In bed with my creditor ...

Options

Comments

• mrscmr
    mrscmr Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    good girl!
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
    :heart2:Ebay Challenge 2011 - Still supporting from afar!
    Long haulers supporters DFW #223
  • kissjenn
    kissjenn Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi Raini,

Read your diary and I think you're doing a great thing paying LB back the money. Money is a huge bone of contention in relationships and regardless of how nice someone is, there is always a flashoint where it'll be used.

Another poster said there is give and take and again I agree however imho that should be agreed beforehand where possible and where both sides contribute different things - most obvious being childcare and a salary.

I struggle with ebay too and do it in fits and starts. I sold a camera for a friend and we were offered a huge amount to pull the sale and sell it immediately. I desperately wanted to, they offered £250 plus £50 p&p. Seemed too good to be true which made me go and double check. There are people, mainly in Nigeria, who do this to get the goods for free so they can resell. The original story is child, grandchild, nephew etc who has worked hard, passed exams, getting married and who loves your camera, PS3, ipod and needs it now. If you ask where it's to be shipped to, so you can work out p&p, you'll find it's probably Nigeria. If this sounds at all familiar please don't be tempted - you will lose your item and the money it cost you to send it to them.

Sorry if that was anything like a lecture or rant, so not meant to be, but I read your post and the lightbulb in my head went PING!
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
  • Raini
    Raini Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi KJ, Thank you for your post & you're support! Glad you get me!! Not everyone does!! :rotfl:

Thanks for the words of warning (didn't take it as a lecture at all!) I was hugely skeptical at first but she was in Scotland & the money is in my paypal account so glad I took the risk. Wouldn't usually! Ironically I don't like risking money!!! Just spending it! :o

I've put 3 more things on ebay tonight so am very pleased with my self :D and something has just sold on there. Not for loads, £4.19 but every little helps! And it was for a dress that I haven't worn in ages so all's good! :D
    Mortgage: Jun 08 £155300~Repayment Made: £4300~Remaining: Mar 10 £151000
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • kissjenn
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    That's brill. I've stuff on but it's just sitting there at the moment. Like the mindset that everything sold is (a) extra cash and (b) extra space. Win win.
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks Lovely :D I am quite proud of myself! I completely agree about the win win! We moved last year & I moved bags & bags of [STRIKE]crap[/STRIKE] gems so I could sell them on ebay & am determined to sell it all!!

KJ, I looked for your diary but couldn't find one? Could it be true that someone on MSE doesn't have a diary??? :rotfl:

DFW Nerd 1190
  • kissjenn
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl:No chance and you found me.

My ebay treasure trove aka the carp heap is small boys playroom. It's becoming the new office so needs to be completely emptied - we've counted 5 different scrabble sets so far.

Slight hairy problem when I didn't hide latest stash well enough and found husky sitting on lego filofax in garden having just polished off a painting by numbers kit! Wonder how much a stuffed dog would fetch?
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    kissjenn wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl:No chance and you found me.

My ebay treasure trove aka the carp heap is small boys playroom. It's becoming the new office so needs to be completely emptied - we've counted 5 different scrabble sets so far.

Slight hairy problem when I didn't hide latest stash well enough and found husky sitting on lego filofax in garden having just polished off a painting by numbers kit! Wonder how much a stuffed dog would fetch?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    Hello World :hello:I'm back!!

And to a great start ... £40 in my paypal account ... YAY!! Off to post office now ... DOUBLE YAY!!!!!

:money::T:money::T:money::T:money::T
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • kissjenn
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Excellent...good result for a Monday
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Hi, lovely diary... i was reading and thinking since you owe your oh the amount of a decent car why not save it all up and buy him the car with what you owe him or tell him when you have the amount you owe him and then he can choose the car he wants, or if hes fully thinking whats mine is yours why dont you put the 9k back on the mortgage and thus reducing your mortgage technically thats means all is fair and its a win win situation :D keep up the good work missus :D x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure