In bed with my creditor ...

Options

Comments

• mrscmr
    mrscmr Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok i have found it and made one but how do you get it in to the post?
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
    :heart2:Ebay Challenge 2011 - Still supporting from afar!
    Long haulers supporters DFW #223
  • Raini
    Raini Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Right click on it with the mouse & click copy when the list comes up. Then come back over here, right click & click paste from the list. That should work! But I have an apple computer at home & I couldn't get that to work!! :confused:
    Mortgage: Jun 08 £155300~Repayment Made: £4300~Remaining: Mar 10 £151000
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    I'm starting to get concerned about my spending :o

I have £35 a month to spend on whatever rubbish I like and 6 days after payday it's pretty much all gone. It's gone like this:

Monday: £1.58 on a bottle of coke & some starburst - it was very hot!
    Tuesday: Took £10 out of the cash machine thinking I would buy Magnum ice-creams (:o) and a card for LB. But went into the clothes section & ending up spending £32.64 more on my card. Felt very guilty when I got home & took some bits back & got a £30 refund. But had forgotten the ice-creams so bought them for £1.98.
    Wednesday: LB had really bad hayfever on Tuesday & woke at 3am Wed morning & kept waking me up with his sneezing & coughing & whinging! (There was aboslutely nothing I could do to help so why couldn't I sleep??!!) So looked for alternative things on the internet on Wed & found an acupressure thingy for £16 delivered, so got that. Although LB said he would give me the money back, but hasn't yet.

So I currently have £2.80!! :confused: It's like I just can't hold onto to it. I was doing so well a couple of months ago that I would have at least £15 left at the end of the month!

Not sure if I should lower the amount I can have each month & put the rest aside for Christmas & things? It seems that whatever money I have I'm just going to buy rubbish with it. :mad:

Why am I doing this to myself?! :eek: :confused: Stupid girl.
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    And now I want to go & buy some chocolate ...
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • mrscmr
    Options
    raini, raini, raini... you are NOT a stupid girl. we all do mad crazy things money wise.... yesterday i spent nearly £200 on well - i have no idea - but something thats prob a waste of money. just remember - focus - keep going and ur in the right place.
    how ur ebay going? thats a way to make a little bit so that if u have a magnum moment - its not so bad.

go and have a cup of tea [i sound like my mother!] and get ur head sorted xxxx
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you Mrscmr. Just feel so stupid. We're going away tomorrow & I have £2.80! :mad:

Ebay is doing well, transfered £25 over yesterday (not reached my account yet) but that'll go towards payine LB back. I feel bad enough giving myself £35 for nothing a month so anything I make extra I feell like i should save for that for LB.
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    End of the day if your budget is too tight you'll give up on it, and not reach your goal. Personally I think £35 to last a month is far too low, I gave myself between £100-£250 a month when I was debt clearing (although tbf my OH lived in Ireland at the time, so I had to get a set of plane tickets every month). While its good you're paying him back, if you're paying him the money then he has to pay for everything because you can't pay your half, he's not actually getting any benefit out of you paying him back.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Raini
    First Post
    edited 4 June 2009 at 4:13PM
    Options
    Think I've just worked out what's going on with me ...

I have applied to to a Diploma in Counselling (work are paying, lucky me!) and yesterday I got an email asking me to complete more application forms and do a 750-1000 word personal statement explaining why I want to be a therapist and what life events have brought me to it. They are very big on the "wounded healer" and I have to open boxes that I'd rather leave closed ... Also, the email was sent to at least 60 people & didn't think there would be that much competition. I want this course so badly ... Think I might work on the personal statement this weekend and see how I go. I've spoken to the Therapy Services Manager who was really supportive and will read through it for me before I send it off, I know that I really need her to do this as she was also a teacher before so is the ideal person to help, but it's going to be so personal that I'm worried how I'll feel after she's read it. :o Think I'm getting too far ahead of myself and just need to do one step at a time!

This isn't like me. So I'm going to change my perspective!! :D:D:D It's a good thing that I've come this far - in every aspect! So I'm GOING to smile & let it ride ...
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • mrscmr
    Options
    raini
    my mum says to me im trying to cross my bridges before i get to them... ie she means slow down and take it one step at a time. sounds like u r like me!
    x
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    My Ma used to that to me too!! Must be alike. Thank you for your support Mrscmr it's so appreciated! :D It's nice to think there are like-minded peeps out there & that I'm not just wittering on to myself!!

And I'm still smiling! :D Sold something on ebay for £6.99 but it only cost 47p to post!! Yay! :T It originally cost me £2.20 & it was so long ago that I bought it that I dn't even count that cost anymore.

Positive feels better! :D
    DFW Nerd 1190
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills