In bed with my creditor ...

Options

Comments

• Swinstie73
    Swinstie73 Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Raini,

Well done in starting a diary, I find mines really helps! I try and update it at least once a day, it helps remind of the things I say I am doing but don't. Will subscribe and keep you motivated!
  • Raini
    Raini Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Raini wrote: »
    1. [STRIKE]Bring as little work home as possible! (Which means not being on this site all day at work!) [/STRIKE] Not ruddy likely!!
    2. Put 10 things on ebay Put 2 things on there this evening - already had 6 things on there so could have been naughty & said 8 but I'm being good!! Will do the rest on Friday probably as I don't work Fridays :D
    3. Put 10 books on Amazon Can't motivate myself to do this which is stupid as it's so easy but WILL do it on Friday
    4. [STRIKE]Send cheque to mortgage company[/STRIKE] :DDone :T
    5. [STRIKE]Write meal plans for week on calender - have to find them first![/STRIKE] Found them & Done!

Hi Swinstie, Thank you for the motivation - I know I'm going to need it! I am the person that jumps right in with great plans & then gets distracted by something shinny & wonders off! :rotfl:No I really am!! Just hoping I don't do that with this! I have grand plans ;)
    Mortgage: Jun 08 £155300~Repayment Made: £4300~Remaining: Mar 10 £151000
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    One day till PAYDAY!!! I can't wait to shuffle the money around & update my spreadsheets! Oh & my signature now!! :D

Does anyone else spend a loooong time staring at their spreadsheets just seeing if they can tweak it here or there to make it look better? And forcasting if you earn x amount more you'd pay it of x amount sooner? Or is that just me?!
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We all do it to a certain extent! Just goes to show how determined we are to get through this.

Although I am sure we look at them secretly hoping that the numbers will just change themselves :rolleyes:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Swinstie, Thank you for the motivation - I know I'm going to need it! I am the person that jumps right in with great plans & then gets distracted by something shinny & wonders off! :rotfl:No I really am!! Just hoping I don't do that with this! I have grand plans ;)

Nope I think you will find that's me! Hello! I like the title of your diary, made me think of in bed with Madonna and so now I have her greatest hits on!

and I too am waiting for pay day - and I made an extra payment this month that seems to be between banks at the moment - very annoying.

good luck with everything heres to grand plans and debt freeness:beer:
    xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    debt.png

So I've been floating around here rather than working! Naughty me :naughty: Going back to work now ...

Thanks Hypno & BuffytheDebtSlayer (great name!) for your comments. Will be back later (probably in a few a hours!) although I'm going to try to contain myself until I get home!
    Seriously considering staying up until after midnight tonight when my wages should go in, but as it isn't the final payment maybe I'm just being silly ... just been interupted by a work phonecall! How rude do they not know I'm trying to sort my life out!! :rotfl:

Guess that's my cue to leave ...
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I only count money made on the £10 a day challenge (I do £20 but my OH does as much as I do) when it reaches the bank account, so while it might take a month or two to get the ball properly rolling, its fine. Ebay is a quick return while things like surveys take a long time to actually see any money from them.

Have to admit it's taken me a while to get my head around this diary, the concept of 'owing' your OH seems really alien to me, if you are planning a future with someone there is give and take at different stages of life?
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • helnag
    helnag Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    One day till PAYDAY!!! I can't wait to shuffle the money around & update my spreadsheets! Oh & my signature now!! :D

Does anyone else spend a loooong time staring at their spreadsheets just seeing if they can tweak it here or there to make it look better? And forcasting if you earn x amount more you'd pay it of x amount sooner? Or is that just me?!

Just wanted to say hi and yes I'm just as obsessive with my spreadsheets and snowballs. xx
    PAD total since 27/07/09 = £60.83 - [strike]Capital One[/strike]:[strike] £192.73[/strike]£27.00 Next catalogue: [strike]£429.00[/strike] £154.00
    Welcome car HP: [strike]£6090[/strike], £3900, Welcome Loan:[strike]£3370[/strike], £2660HLC #1: [strike]£907.00[/strike]£637.00, HLC #2:[strike] £838.00[/strike]£608.00
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2009 - Member #649 - Target £500...banked £119.50 already.
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    Have to admit it's taken me a while to get my head around this diary, the concept of 'owing' your OH seems really alien to me, if you are planning a future with someone there is give and take at different stages of life?
    Hi Dinah, Yeah I can see where you're coming from but the LB was happy for me to not pay him back. However, I want to. Also, my car has had some minor problems but it seems to be electrical & I can only see it getting worse so it will need to be replaced - I need it to get to work. The LB has paid for all the work we've been doing in the house (new kitchen & bathrooms, actually all new everything but LB has been doing the work too). And he pays literally every time we go out. To me this is fair.
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    Hi Helnag, Glad I'm not alone!! I just wish it was this time next year & I did manage to pay it all back!! So impatient! :rolleyes:
    DFW Nerd 1190
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family