Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Raini
    Raini Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 30 December 2009 at 5:25PM
    Options
    Hello! I've been absent for a while haven't I!!

Well, at the end of November the company that headhunted me decided that there wasn't enough money to pay me and cut me down to 3 days a week and 2 weeks later they laid me off completely!! So since the beginning of December I've been looking for a new job! Other things were going on and tbh I think I was completely done over ... but hey ho!

We also got a puppy the week I was laid off as the job I was doing meant that I could take him to work with me - not sure what I'll do once I get a job! I have a part time job starting in mid Jan and I've been accepted onto a nursing agency which means that in theory I can work as much or as little as I want as long as the work is there, but I'm not guaranteed any work at all.

We also managed to buy a car on Christmas Eve from the money that I had saved and some that LB had saved and the exchange of my car. So with my car I paid LB back £7,300 which I think is pretty good all in all.

My course is going well I think and the plan is to just find me a job asap and save for the wedding etc and as soon as I'm qualified hopefully the situation will be much better.

Our puppy Harvey is doing really well - he's had lots of my input! He is 12 weeks old and knows sit; come; stay; up; lie down; paw; and we're working on roll over. He's also been out walking from Christmas Day and is mostly very good even off lead, we just have an issue with other dogs as he wants to play with them and ignores us!

I'm sorry that I've not been around but it's been pretty depressing really :o and now that LB & I have called the debt quits not sure I belong here and as we can't really over pay the mortgage at the moment I don't really think I should be on the Mortgage thread either ... :confused:

Hope everyone is good? Will catch up and maybe post when I pluck up the courage ... :o
    Mortgage: Jun 08 £155300~Repayment Made: £4300~Remaining: Mar 10 £151000
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Nice to hear from you Raini. Hope you keep posting, how about posting about the wedding savings and how job hunting is going. I always find it helps just to put it down in print.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills