---
Mortgage: Jun 08 £155300~Repayment Made: £4300~Remaining: Mar 10 £151000
DFW Nerd 1190

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why not join the "make £10 a day challenge" on here - that would get you a long way towards your required £400 a month!

Welcome to the madhouse!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Raini
    Raini Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 7 February 2020 at 5:15PM
    Options
    ---
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    Well, this weekend has been pretty pants! Had my parents to visit for the weekend. They live over 100 miles away & it's the first time in about 4 years that they have visited me. And by the time they left this morning my mother & I were barely talking. :embarasse Which is rubbish but never mind. Did an extra shift on Saturday but didn't do the shift on offer today as folks visiting! Obviously the wrong decision made there!!! :confused:
    Also realised today that this month I won't me earning that extra £400 as the extra shifts I do get paid a month later. But I had calculated that into the original plan so it makes no difference to DFD but just a bit depressing that I can't see any really difference this payday.
    Got some more bits to put on Ebay but not sure I'll get that done today. Maybe tomorrow ...
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Re the £10 a day challenge - some people count it as they "earn" it, some wait until the cold hard cash is in their account.

I started off by counting it as soon as I earned it, but then I got brave enough to start waiting until it hits my account.....

there are no rules, really, just create rules that suit and motivate you!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks again Hypno :D

Well starting to feel to better about the weekend after some wine! ;)

Time to get focused:
    1. Bring as little work home as possible! (Which means not being on this site all day at work!)
    2. Put 10 things on ebay
    3. Put 10 books on Amazon
    4. Send cheque to mortgage company :D
    5. Write meal plans for week on calender - have to find them first!
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • crapwithcash82
    crapwithcash82 Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Raini, was just passing through and thought I would say hello! I'm soon to be in a similar position with regards to disposable monthly income, my daughter starts at a childminders in August and after thats paid I'll be left with around £60 for me for a month :( I'm also lucky in that I have a lovely OH - so I guess we're kind of in the same boat!

Chin up and I hope you got your 10 items on ebay and your meal planner done!

CwC x
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    Hello CWC :hello: Thanks for the message! It's nice to know I'm not alone!! I don't really know anyone that's in a similar position to me (not that I'm aware of anyway!) so it's nice to be on these boards! Think I've seen you have a diary as well so going to look into your world too! :D
    DFW Nerd 1190
  • paybacktime2008
    paybacktime2008 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    How are your weeks plans going.......not that I'm nagging......more like a gentle reminder!
    LBM 10/08 £12510.74/
  • crapwithcash82
    crapwithcash82 Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Raini wrote: »
    Hello CWC :hello: Thanks for the message! It's nice to know I'm not alone!! I don't really know anyone that's in a similar position to me (not that I'm aware of anyway!) so it's nice to be on these boards! Think I've seen you have a diary as well so going to look into your world too! :D

Hi Raini!! No probs, its always good to hear of others in similar positions, it makes me feel less bad anyway!! Pop in to my diary any time - you're always welcome!!

CwC x
  • Raini
    First Post
    Options
    1. [STRIKE]Bring as little work home as possible! (Which means not being on this site all day at work!) [/STRIKE] Not ruddy likely!!
    2. Put 10 things on ebay
    3. Put 10 books on Amazon
    4. [STRIKE]Send cheque to mortgage company[/STRIKE] :DDone :T
    5. [STRIKE]Write meal plans for week on calender - have to find them first![/STRIKE] Found them & Done!
    Hi PBT, Thank you for the nudge. How did you know I was lacking motivation this week?!
    Just got to work (was meant to be here at 7am!!) and feel really woosie. Not sure what that's about hopefully it'll pass ...
    Had to stuff 600 envelopes at home last night for work - fun times!! Which meant I couldn't do anything else. But if I get all my work done today maybe I can put stuff on ebay & Amazon tonight.
    Watched the Da Vinci Code last night for the first time ... is it wrong that Paul Bettany was still cute in that?! :p Obviously Paul not the character!

Can't wait for payday!! Wishing my life away ... Must get some work done!
    DFW Nerd 1190
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family