TMTI Cancellation? can it be done

Options

Comments

• mark_qu1nn
    Options
    Hey Guys, had the same problem.. These guys will not contact you at all, just click on this link

www . tmti . net / contact . asp

(dont put spaces in, i'm just not able to put links in due to bein a new user)

call the number on the page, tell them you purchased a new mobile and want to cancel the TMTI direct diebit, give them your full name and home address and that should sort it all!!

Hope this helps all.....:j
  • swanny73_2
    Options
    I started a new contract with talk mobile at the carphone warehouse in June last year and today I have had 20.94 taken by direct debit from my account after everything was cancelled as far as I was aware. I have emailed tmti using the details posted on here and have cancelled the direct debit having warned them I am doing so - this is a disgrace and these companies should not be allowed to get away with this sort of behavior. Talk mobile was the biggest mistake I ever made and have not used the sim card since the first week due to over charges and charging just to turn the dam thing on - roll on june when I can end the 12 month contract - O2 forever as far as I am concerned.
  • maffyoo
    Options
    Hi,

I bought a phone from Dialaphone (Subsidiary of phones4u i think) and they stated that as part of the deal a subscription to the gadget helpline would be set up and it was my responsibility to cancel it. As usual i have had no letter informing me of my subscription from gadget helpline.

Having had these problems before the best way to stop them taking payments is simply to cancel the direct debit instruction with your bank. In most cases this is as easy as logging into your online banking and looking for the instruction for "TMTI Ltd" and simply select it and cancel it.

This means they cannot collect the money automatically. In the TMTI case they didn't do anything other than send me an email stating that the service was cancelled. If you are worried about them collecting money just cancel the direct debit asap then they can't collect it. job done! :j

Matt.
  • mrssave_2
    Options
    Just purchased a phone from E2Save and saw the stuff on gadgethelpline TMTI service......was going to cancel!

However saw that it comes with free Experian Protect My Identity service with it which is worth over £80 quid! Its already been sending me alerts about my credit report when people acess it

:j

Its pretty god value in my opionion as I do lots of online stuff with my credit card - reckon martin would love it.

:D
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    It is "worth" virtually nothing. You are protected from identity theft without paying a large sum for the latest insurance frightener.
  • tez101
    Options
    I had been trying to cancel gadget helpline for a few days via the online route, with no success. I had my ref number that was emailed to me, my bank account number, and email address as stated in the email, yet it would keep saying no account was found. So i checked the email once more and noticed the four digits that they show of my bank account number was different to my actual account number. so i checked that number with other accounts that i have with the same bank and hey presto there it was. they had the details of my savings account which is for my 4 year old son. yet i never gave them or dial a phone those details and my phone contract is set up in the correct account. So how could they get the details of my other account? i have subsequently cancelled the gadet helpline subscription using the other bank account number.
  • Little_Moo
    Options
    I too discovered today that a payment of £18.30 was taken from my account by TMTI without my consent!

I brought a mobile via dial a phone (do not use them!!) and then this appears. I've called them and got a very rude lady on the phone, telling me there was nothing she could do and that i need to contact my back.

Luckily Barclays were good about this and have issued a charge back against them.

What a terrible business model they have!!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Not really. They make a lot of money from all those people who DO "consent" at the point of sale but don't bother to 1) READ what they agree to and b) COPY or print out the details at the point of sale so they can see that they did.

Given that so many people don't even check their bank statements for (in some cases it seems) years it's a very effective model for them.
  • Just cancel your dd at the bank and forget. That's it.

It will not go on your credit file.
    ''apply within'' :)
  • getupstandup
    Options
    Don't call TMTI/Gadget Helpline on their premium rate line (08444...) to cancel, that's exactly what they want, they will keep you on hold unnecessarily and it'll cost a fortune. Call 01373 839990 to go through to the reception and they will often cancel it for you, and if not transfer you. This company suck for so many reasons, don't make them richer! Check out SayNoTo0870 websites for many geographical phone number equivalents to 0870/0845 etc..!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure