TMTI Cancellation? can it be done

Options

Comments

• jl101
    Options
    It's a national rate number, not premium rate. And the local rate main line to the admin dept. is [FONT=&quot]01373 839416 [/FONT].
  • judz06
    judz06 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    just got my bank statment and a payment of 29.70 been taken for tmti..?..cant recall anything from this company..noticed on here when done search they are insurance connected with contract mobile phone..i have cancelled dd with bank but was wondering based on prev info here..if i call and complain would i get refund as knew nothing about this charge...xx:j
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Then maybe you should read what you sign up for at the point of sale. It doesn't mysteriously get added afterwards without telling you at the time. However, no-one on here can tell you whether or not they might refund it. You have nothing to lose by asking - but also you really need to cancel it with them as well.
  • RaRaaa
    RaRaaa Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Okay, so i about November last year i called gagethelpline to cancel, the lady said to send a letter to my bank annnd to them teliing them i am cancelling? which i did.
    But today i check my online bank and find out that TMTI have taken £20 odd out my account? without my permission? i no longer have my refernce number for gagethelpline so at loss as to what to do.
    i emailed them saying that i have previously cancelled so why am i getting charged 6 months later? and how do i cancel again.
    What are the chances of me getting my money back? :s
    and should i just phone them? :S
  • RaRaaa
    RaRaaa Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Just cancel your dd at the bank and forget. That's it.

It will not go on your credit file.

i did this as weeeell as sending them a letter, and i just got charged 6 months later. this is NOT good advice. :/
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Call them and tell them your postcode. It takes 15 seconds to cancel - no letter required, though they do send confirmation to you.
  • mikepegg
    mikepegg Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Signed up via mobiles.co.uk and was also, not given a reference number to cancel.

FYI: I found the number from looking at my direct debits and finding the reference code for TMTITECHELP which was "MOBR258726041".

Hopefully helpful to someone else to escape this scam.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    You don't really need a reference number; your postcode should suffice. I certainly wouldn't wait for a direct debit to go out!

I've just ordered another contract (number 10 currently) and I will cancel both the TMTI and the insurance within the first few days.
  • narnia2000
    narnia2000 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    You don't really need a reference number; your postcode should suffice. I certainly wouldn't wait for a direct debit to go out!

I've just ordered another contract (number 10 currently) and I will cancel both the TMTI and the insurance within the first few days.

I cancelled DD for the insurance within a month, however TMTI didn't appear on my list of DDs, I wonder why? You can't cancel a non existent DD. I believe that they don't submit DDs to the banks until just before they are due....dubious practice.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    It's normal practice, actually. The only time I check my list of direct debits is when I want to cancel an existing one. When a direct debit has not yet been taken it generally won't appear on the list. It's a lot easier to read what you're agreeing to at the point of sale (which you should also always print out as well) than to check lists of direct debits which won't be 100% up to date.

I have taken out two more contracts in the last week (one for me and another for someone else) and you can now remove the insurance at the point of sale; sometimes you can also remove the TMTI, though not always.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure