🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Can I have a Visa Debit with NatWest??

Options

Comments

• simax
    simax Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You'll find that the transaction WILL debit in the next few days. Authorisations drop off after a few days.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • charlesworth82
    Options
    still having problems with my visa debit card. tried paying my council tax online and it classed the card as a credit card so wont take payment - grrrrr
    ‘It ain’t over 'til it's over’
  • Skippy1
    Skippy1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 November 2009 at 10:57AM
    Options
    I have just changed my bank to Natwest and have a current account with a Visa Debit Card but I can't use this at any pay at the pump petrol stations only by going into the shop and paying over the counter..

I think this defeats the object of going to a pay at the pump petrol station in the first place..
  • gower454
    Options
    Hi there,

I had my solo card upgraded to a maestro card in july. However, both the solo card and maestro card were usable together i found this out when i accidently used the solo one after having started using the maestro one.

Now i have had a visa card sent to me but its the blue card not the purple service card, is this right i thought i would have had a purple one.
    Anyone know?
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gower454 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I had my solo card upgraded to a maestro card in july. However, both the solo card and maestro card were usable together i found this out when i accidently used the solo one after having started using the maestro one.

Now i have had a visa card sent to me but its the blue card not the purple service card, is this right i thought i would have had a purple one.
    Anyone know?

Id check with Natest I know some customers cards have been sent out in error ie a blue one sent instead of purple.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • gower454
    Options
    yeah i think i will.

thanks
  • davethorp
    davethorp Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's holy thread revival a bit but thought I'd report that the visa debits dont work on the m&s website (the full auth ones anyway)
  • OFI
    OFI Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Yea I waited so long for a VISA so I could order outside the UK for my order to fall through at an American company and to be told many companies only accept the Credit Card variants.

One question. When I order from some websites it says Visa/MasterCard/Maestro/Visa Delta
    Is Visa Delta the correct choice? I think that is what used to be Visa Debit but nowhere does it say Delta anymore..

Oh and the stupid cheap cards often wont read properly in shops..
  • book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    OFI wrote: »
    Yea I waited so long for a VISA so I could order outside the UK for my order to fall through at an American company and to be told many companies only accept the Credit Card variants.

One question. When I order from some websites it says Visa/MasterCard/Maestro/Visa Delta
    Is Visa Delta the correct choice? I think that is what used to be Visa Debit but nowhere does it say Delta anymore..

Oh and the stupid cheap cards often wont read properly in shops..

Choose Visa Delta.
  • oasis7777
    Options
    Whenever i use my visa debit card online , i choose "visa" if i don't see "visa debit" , i have never chosen "visa delta". Just "visa" works fine for me. My card is the "purple visa debit card".

According to you i should choose "visa delta" if i don't see the "visa debit" logo then and not just "visa" ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport