We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…302303305307308…502

Comments

  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    no shell i totally get where your coming from its the same with OH mum ... she thought id dupped her darling son (long story about zoe not getting in to) as soon as he starting living with me she kept calling him her number 1 son which is bull coz his brother was and still is favourite ... when he told her he said she had a look at the scan pic and seemed quite happy but theres been nothing but then again never heard anything from her away ive been with OH 10 years (on and off for the the first couple of years but soild since being pregnant with zoe) and never met or even spoken to her but you can mss what you never had x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Shellsuit, I get what you mean, no you are not being a cow. I feel for your Steve as he's stuck in the middle, poor guy!

    Anyway, I'm off to bed.

    Steve isn't stuck in the middle, not between me and his Dad anyway ~ he knows what his Dad is like and was even gutted himself when he told his Dad we were expecting and he didn't sound happy for him.

    I can just imagine you see, me having the baby, Steve ringing his Dad sooooo excited, telling his Dad the baby is here and his Dad just saying 'oh right'.

    If he texts him the news, at least his Dad has the option to get in touch or not doesn't he?
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    shellsuit wrote: »
    ...Does anyone get what I mean or do I come across as being a cow?
    I getcha ;) he's being an arzz!
    My MIL and I didn't used to get on and when OH told her I was preg the 1st time she didn't say anything to him for 3 days:rolleyes: Thankfully we get on much better now
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    I saw you'd become a fan on FB, I saw him live in oct and was really disappointed I didn't even laff for the first 15 mins :(

    i have the boxset but rented (from work :D) the new one (the one im guessing you saw live) i was quite disappointed not as good as his old stuff but aint it always the same :rolleyes: x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    tiamai i think we have the same fertility prob lol
    1st - pill
    2nd - depo
    3rd - minera coil
    4th - planned pregnancy
    5th - pill as i was due to be steralised!
    so fingers crossed depo and steralisation will work:D
    What's for you won't go past you
  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Triggles wrote: »
    Krystaltips - had to laugh at your description of the exam. I had a GP appointment on Monday, and when feeling for the baby, she was pushing all over the place, practically like she was kneading dough she put so much push and energy behind it. The midwives are always to "barely touching" it makes you wonder how they feel anything at all. No happy medium I suppose.


    Ooh - not my midwife - I almost jumped off the bed when she was measuring me yesterday, she was pushing that hard - baby's head was making my foof really hurt - sharp stabbing pains. And the midwife I saw 2 weeks ago (and will see again in 2 weeks) is also a good feeler - all around, top/ bottom, side to side and squishing it :rotfl::rotfl:

    greent x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    have all you lots OH have super sperm... swimming around with micro capes :rotfl: x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    no shell i totally get where your coming from its the same with OH mum ... she thought id dupped her darling son (long story about zoe not getting in to) as soon as he starting living with me she kept calling him her number 1 son which is bull coz his brother was and still is favourite ... when he told her he said she had a look at the scan pic and seemed quite happy but theres been nothing but then again never heard anything from her away ive been with OH 10 years (on and off for the the first couple of years but soild since being pregnant with zoe) and never met or even spoken to her but you can mss what you never had x

    At last someone I can relate to lol

    I don't get how families can be like that. How can you not be happy for your child when they are over the moon??

    My family is huge but we are all very close and would do anything for each other.

    I'm wondering if we will even see his Dad and stepmum when I have the baby, because I've already told Steve that we are NOT gonna take the baby there, if they want to see him, they can come to us. (That goes for my family too by the way!)
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • money_maker_3
    money_maker_3 Posts: 9,591 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Mine thinks he has super sperm as I was on the pill both times !!!
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    :eek: have they offered to give you a full body x-ray once bubs is here - just in case? I couldn't believe it when my GP said she thought my cervix had grown over the strings _pale_ thank god she was wrong and they had just folded back on themselves! Hubby reckons his 'massive' manhood pushed 'em up there :rotfl:(in his dreams :p)


    Forgot to say earlier - when I had mine I had the strings cut right off cos of my prolapse - they were just two sharp teeny tufts sticking out (and someties tehy were sticking right out, iykwim!:o) They said it was likely I'd need it removed under anaesthetic - thankfully older v experienced lady doc managed without. Because of my 'p' hubs was aware of the tiny strings that were there - possible food for thought if you do have a p, Sami.......

    Ah, what our bodies go through to have these children......:p

    greent
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.