We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Pregnancy Club IX
Comments
-
Well am back from tesco with a bruised hip thanks to a nasty,rude,old lady
....
...Am also miserable as i eat something from greggs and was sick 10 minutes later. Just tried to eat some pasta and threw that back up aswell.
Im hoping this is not the start of some evil pregnancy where im sick all the time like i was with my son . I dont normally pray to be ill but id rather a days of flu than a few months of morning/all day sickness.
Congrats to sparkle and any one else with happy news, Ive caught up but there's to many comments to comment on!
Having a coke with youis even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne
or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona0 -
Hi all.. just dropping by! Hope everyone's okay - going to catch up now xx0
-
if you go to your profile and look on the info tab it will be in your list of groupsSami, I can't see anything on my facebook to say Im in the group
do I need to request u as a friend now? Sorry, Im having a bad day,going to bed soon to have a cry.
Hypno- Team blue!
:j
Vic and MrsMoc...brill news, sooo pleased for you both xxx
easiest way to find it tho is by clicking on my homepage coz I'm always here
0 -
Right.. All about me now... Went for my waste of time appointment at the hospital today... And it was a waste of time... However... I had a lovely Dr who was full of common sense... Understood my reasons for not wanting extra scans, had a good feel of the baby (and I mean lots of squishing it around, not just the tickle you get from the midwife) she measured it again and funnily enough it's shrunk by 3cm since yesterday... She double checked with her superior (they were only in the next room and I heard every word that was said too) and the agreement was to discharge me back to the community and that I should enjoy the last few weeks of my pregnancy (her exact words)...
And I've decided that no midwife will be coming near me with a tape measure again... They can take my blood pressure and dip my wee by all means... But that's about as much as they're gonna get!A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...My Fathers Daughter wrote: »Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.
0 -
Krystaltips - had to laugh at your description of the exam. I had a GP appointment on Monday, and when feeling for the baby, she was pushing all over the place, practically like she was kneading dough she put so much push and energy behind it. The midwives are always to "barely touching" it makes you wonder how they feel anything at all. No happy medium I suppose.MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)DFW Long haul supporters No 210:snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:0
-
Glad to hear you've finally seen a decent professional!!Krystaltips wrote: »Right.. All about me now... Went for my waste of time appointment at the hospital today... And it was a waste of time... However... I had a lovely Dr who was full of common sense... Understood my reasons for not wanting extra scans, had a good feel of the baby (and I mean lots of squishing it around, not just the tickle you get from the midwife) she measured it again and funnily enough it's shrunk by 3cm since yesterday... She double checked with her superior (they were only in the next room and I heard every word that was said too) and the agreement was to discharge me back to the community and that I should enjoy the last few weeks of my pregnancy (her exact words)...
And I've decided that no midwife will be coming near me with a tape measure again... They can take my blood pressure and dip my wee by all means... But that's about as much as they're gonna get!
MW measured me today and I was still 32cm (I'm 34wks today) she said she thought it was because I was flat on my lounge floor as the couch/bed thing at the surgery isn't flat I'm slightly hoping I get an extra scan coz I know it would be fine but I'll get a free extra scan
I told my friend (36wks) who is having a scan 2mo as they are concerned her pelvis is too small for her to deliver naturally and she hasn't been measured once!?! How on earth does that make sense
0 -
Glad to hear you've finally seen a decent professional!!
MW measured me today and I was still 32cm (I'm 34wks today) she said she thought it was because I was flat on my lounge floor as the couch/bed thing at the surgery isn't flat I'm slightly hoping I get an extra scan coz I know it would be fine but I'll get a free extra scan
I told my friend (36wks) who is having a scan 2mo as they are concerned her pelvis is too small for her to deliver naturally and she hasn't been measured once!?! How on earth does that make sense
When i was pregnant last time i was never measured
Having a coke with youis even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne
or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona0 -
I think it just depends on the luck of the draw Sami... I have a couple of friends with twins, one was measured constantly through her pregnancy... The other wasn't measured at all... Her midwife's excuse was that she wouldn't know what to compare it against...A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...My Fathers Daughter wrote: »Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.
0 -
more sad new today. ((((hugs)))) to everyone!! i think everyone needs a hug ((((((((((((hug))))))))))))
i still panic that something is going to go wrong. i can feel already inside me the panic that when we go for the next scan something will have gone wrong. although i think a lot of this is beacause my friend lost her baby at 20 weeks and only found out when they went for the scan.
i havent bought anything yet for the baby. have looked at an awful lot and thinki have decided what to buy, but i'm really hesitant about buying anything at all.
i guess once i have the next scan i will feel better and have less worries.... maybe!!
although my friend at work who's children are al grown up says you never stop worrying.'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'0 -
congratulations sparkle... cant wait to see the pictures!!'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards