We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…295296298300301…502

Comments

  • HypnoNu
    HypnoNu Posts: 677 Forumite
    Great news Mrs Moc! Sounds like your bubs is doing really well, glad to hear that your friend and her baby are doing ok too! Good news all round...:j
  • vicstar_2
    vicstar_2 Posts: 90 Forumite
    :DCongratulations to Sparkle:D

    Sorry, haven't read back through today's other posts yet but wanted to let you know that I had my emergency scan and the baby is fine:j:j:j

    Apparently the bleeding came from the placenta which was being pulled:confused: I got them to explain twice as neither OH or I really knew what this meant but apparently it's normal, isn't dangerous and is basically due to everything moving around "up there":D
    There might be more blood as they cound see it on the ultrasound but its nothing to worry about.

    So, as you can probably tell, I'm really happy!!! It was so nice to see baby again too and s/he's grown so much in the 3 weeks since my 12 week scan. Apparently s/he's particularly active which is a good sign (but I hope it doesn't mean I am constantly being kicked when s/he gets a bit bigger;))

    Thanks for all your support guys... I'm off to read the posts I've missed now

    Vic
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Great news MrsMoc and Vicstar!

    Congratulations Sparkle!

    yay on team blue Hypno!

    :D

    I went shopping this avo and bought a load of summer tops and skirts, mostly non-maternity from H&M but one skirt from Mothercare, and a strapless bra to wear under summer tops (not a maternity one but I'm sure it won;t hurt).

    Feel much better now I have clothes i can wear - gets depressing when the weather changes and nothing fits.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2009 at 6:00PM
    Congrats vicstar - so glad you had good news!

    Mrs Moc - glad things are going well for you and baby as well!

    I think I've resigned myself to the fact that the diverticular disease is going to play up off and on for the remainder of the pregnancy, since that seems to be the way it's going. It's uncomfortable, and downright inconvenient at best, but not a lot I can do about it. The GP gave me some codeine tablets to take when the pain is really bad, but I am hesitant to take them too much, so I have really only resorted to it a few times. Ironic that the meds they want me to take (iron and the occasional codeine for pain) cause constipation and make it a bit worse. I've resorted to baths sometimes for pain relief, but honestly - at some point I'm going to have to have DH help me out of the bathtub before much further! Ah, the embarrassment!
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    so happy for you vic!!! x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Really pleased for you Vic and Mrs M. XXX
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    vic - really glad everything is OK. Goes to show that it's not always bad news.

    Mrs Moc - glad ur scan went well too.

    I know how to get bubs moving!! ;) Came home and asked OH if he wanted a bit of skin to skin contact - suffice to say one thing led to another and I'm sure I just felt a little kick!!!

    When my mum comes up I am going to go shopping in Liverpool One and hopefully get a few summery dresses in Primark as I| think by June I'll be too hot for trousers!!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Sami_Bee wrote: »

    I can recomend the Mirena IUS for after this one tho :D

    I can't..... :o

    My DH is getting the snip this time.
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    I can't..... :o

    My DH is getting the snip this time.

    how old is he? if you dont mind me asking :p x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Sami - is that the top you recommended from Sainsburys? I haven't been to one yet :o
    yeah they aren't on offer any more :( soo wish I'd got them all at the same time!! but never mind, I got 3 more :)
    They do, pink, black, white, blue/darker blue striped, black/grey striped and pink/white striped
    Plain ones £5 striped ones £6 I love 'em :D
    Triggles wrote: »
    ...Sami - Can I assume the SIDS info ref baby's cot/bed being near the radiator is heat related? Our moses basket will be right next to the radiator in our room, however, the radiator is turned off. So not an issue, I presume?
    yes its the temp that is the problem for SIDs but also there is a risk that bubs can get burned next to a radiator that on :shocked:

    I personally liked bumpers because Chris was always bumping various body parts on the cot bars and they also stopped his dummy falling out and getting lost at night :p
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.