We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…296297299301302…502

Comments

  • Yay, lovely to have some good news from Mrs Moc and Vicstar. I am so pleased for you both!

    Just to add to the 12 weeks debate, I started posting on here at 8 weeks after I had my private scan and saw the heartbeat. For me, like others, it was such a relief to have somewhere to talk about babies as I didn't tell anyone other than very close family until 12 week scan (still haven't told most people). I must admit I did collect my Bounty packs etc after my private scan, even though I knew there was still a mc risk. I guess I just thought that even if I had a mc, I would still be TTC again very soon so would want it eventually. I had an early mc in January so know how heart wrenching it is, but I guess we all just cope with the early stages as best we can, and do need an outlet like on here to vent our hormonal anxieties.

    Big hugs to anyone in need of them at the moment x x x
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    I can't..... :o

    My DH is getting the snip this time.
    :rotfl:I always thought; how on earth do you lose them but you didn't know it wasn't there did you? so where/how/when do they go? :confused:
    Sorry I know I sound soo stupid there :p
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I don't think any of us are saying that people shouldn't post on here before the 12 week mark, or that they are wrong to be thrilled and excited about their BFPs. I hope that none of the recent posts either make newbies feel unwelcome or deter other newbies from joining.

    Speaking for myself, I think I am just very sad and shocked by the large number of losses and threatened losses over the last few days, and by EA's in particular as she had become such a large part of the thread so quickly. And part of working through that shock and sadness by me and others has been a discussion about how precarious those first 12 weeks are, and how hard it is when someone has been discussing it freely and excitedly to know how to respond when things go wrong. IRL a lot (though by no means all) people don't tell until they are past that point, so we tend not to know about losses when they happen unless we are very close to the person involved. It's much harder to know what to say and do when you don't know the person well or at all.
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Aww congratulations Sparkle!!! xxxxx



    That means I'm now 12th on the list ~ yikes!!
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • helen81_2
    helen81_2 Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Latest celebrity baby news:
    Samia Smith, who plays Maria in Coronation Street has announced she is 13 weeks pregnant.
    Her character Maria has been pregnant on screen ‘for the best part of the past two years,’ says the actress, ‘As soon as I get rid of the fake baby bump, I will have a real one!’
    Sadly, Samia's father Joseph died last week, but she spoke of her joy that he knew she was expecting. The baby is due in October, and will be the 10th baby to be born to a Corrie cast member in the last 18 months.
    There’s clearly something in that Manchester water…


    I read this too, she is same as me.
    Sorry to hear of yet more losses.
    I joined this thread rediculously early on,not quite 4 weeks,but I fully understood that the worst might happen (still could I suppose) I was just bursting to tell 'someone' about my pregnancy and still keep the secret from friends and family and work. It worked for me,time flew by!
    Im absolutley knackered,emotionally. Been to work friends funeral.
    Ive felt baby move again today :j(yes,Im sure it was baby,not wind lol) Won't be long now till hopefully I get to hear the heartbeat,Ive got to make my 15week midwife appointment first,that reminds me.
    I feel so huge and bloated today..so uncomfortable. It must be bloat cos at this early stage baby is really low down, my bump shouldn't start from just under my boobs should it!? urggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    love my little man he is amazing :j
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2009 at 7:02PM
    Nicki - how do you always manage to put things so eloquently?!
    I'm jealous :)

    I agree we're not saying don't post - please do come and post!! - I joined at 4 weeks myself
    We just feel a bit 'funny' witnessing things going badly for ladies xx
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • helen81_2
    helen81_2 Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Sami, I can't see anything on my facebook to say Im in the group :confused: do I need to request u as a friend now? Sorry, Im having a bad day,going to bed soon to have a cry.

    Hypno- Team blue! :D:j
    Vic and MrsMoc...brill news, sooo pleased for you both xxx
    love my little man he is amazing :j
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    HypnoNu wrote: »
    I'm very excited about joining team blue, can someone update the list for me?
    We've thought (and fought) over loads of names but no agreed on any....the girls one we'd decided on years ago but boy's is a real sticking point....we can't seem to agree on anything!

    Luckily the boys clothes and blue Bumbo i bought won't got to waste... :)
    That's the same as us, we've got a girls name completely sorted... Still no agreement on the boys name... But there's a 50% chance we won't need to worry about it...
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    :eek: I for one have never given my child a greggs sausage roll, in fact he doesn't automatically say "sausage roll" when we see a sign for greggs :whistle: :p
    Yes, and Aimee doesn't call Greggs 'the sausage roll shop' either ;) (I lurrrrrrrved the bacon and chicken lattice but was sadly informed yesterday they don't do them anymore :()
    angela6834 wrote: »
    Not caught up yet but can i ask those of you that applied for the Sure Start Maternity Grant do you have to send off any forms with it. Eg your tax credit award?

    It says on the form to make sure all forms required are enclosed and they are originals but doesnt say what is required!!
    I sent in our tax credit award, they posted it back to me about 2 days before I got the letter to say we were entitled...
    I got a letter today saying my HIPG will be in the bank within 7 days, did anyone else get a letter?
    Nope, it just appeared in the bank...

    Congrats Sparkle :D

    and Mrs Moc and vic, great news! I know how scary it was for me bleeding at 11w, I was convinced it was going to be bad news at the scan... And at 13w it was no easier either...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    I think I lurked on the thread till I'd seen a little heartbeat on a screen and then joined. But even after that, once there was some bleeding and the doctor put me on bedrest, it was really helpful to be talking to people about it who weren't RL people - if I'd had to tell my friends that I was accidentally pregnant and possibly miscarrying, it would have been much harder. This way I got the best of both worlds.

    Thank you ladies, you were awesome.

    Also wonderful news Mrs Moc and vicstar. So sorry to hear of the recent losses. Hugs all around.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Great new Vic & MrsMoc :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.